Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Celluar / Pager recycling?

OB1J3D1

Jul 20, 2006, 5:11 PM
anyone know where I can recycle or (even better) get paid for old cells / pagers?

I am in the Los Angeles CA area.

Thanks much in advance.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 20, 2006, 5:20 PM
Ebay, I guess.
OB1J3D1

Jul 20, 2006, 6:05 PM
I think I'd rather just throw em in the trash. These things will only get me like $1-5 on ebay...the shipping would cost more than the products.

Just trying to be enviornmentally friendly.

So, no carrier will accept these for recycling?

I know one of these is Verizon...Could I return it to them? Would they just turn around and throw it away? If so, I might as well throw them away myself.
wormie

Jul 20, 2006, 6:08 PM
Verizon has recycling bins in their stores (at least the ones near me).
Alternatively, you can donate them to Call To Protect (google it) and they'll refurbish them for domestic violence victims for dialing 911. And, if you can, you get the tax deduction for a charitable donation.
Nikoletta

Jul 20, 2006, 6:13 PM
I was going to suggest that... Our Women's Shelter around here will take them for 911 calls.
Jennyboo

Jul 20, 2006, 6:39 PM
Ours too, thats where we send most of our donated phones
OB1J3D1

Jul 20, 2006, 7:06 PM
Thanks for the input. For now I only have pagers. But, I'll keep the cells for 911 use as soon as I get them.

I guess the pagers are going into the circular file.
Foamy

Jul 21, 2006, 9:14 AM
Take the pagers to your local recycling facility. They should have a place to recycle things like electronics. It's better then letting them pile up in a landfill somewhere.
cheerios

Jul 21, 2006, 4:21 PM
Rather than throw them away, if that's what your down to, try looked for a battered women's place their often looking for used phones for the women, hey it's better than just throwing them out.
granteezie

Jul 21, 2006, 4:55 PM
better yet, throw them at battered women.
craptacularwireless

Jul 21, 2006, 4:50 PM
Here in California all cell phone retail locations are required to have a recycling bin for customers wishing to dispose of their cell phones and pagers. You should be able to drop off that equipment, regardless of the service provider.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.