Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Brilliant Customers

clr7181

Jul 19, 2006, 1:38 PM
So, just as a little background, I am the Manager of a VZW indirect location. We are located on one of the busiest intersections in my hometown, with Sprint and Cingular acrossed the street. Our building is marked rather clearly that we are a VZW Auth. Agent location.

Just had a customer come in. Very upset because his phone isn't working. I asked him which phone he had, and he then literally threw it at me. Once I picked up the phone and read where it said "Cingular" on the front of it, I informed him that this was a Cingular phone, and that he would need to take it acrossed the street for further assistance. He said "Why, you're the cingular store arent you?" 😳

Okay first of all..... If I was the Cingy store, tell me why m...
(continues)
chainsaw

Jul 19, 2006, 2:37 PM
ha ha, he splooged on his phone!
guido1869

Jul 19, 2006, 2:50 PM
chainsaw said:
ha ha, he splooged on his phone!

and you touched it
clr7181

Jul 19, 2006, 3:01 PM
😳 Had a customer one time come in, handed me his phone, and I told him, there's some sticky stuff on it... he said "yeah i dropped it in the pig sh**" I ran for the lysol!
krickt

Jul 19, 2006, 3:28 PM
Which sometimes just compounds liquid damage. I had a customer who dropped his phone in water, and to fix it, took it apart, dunked it in alcohol, dried it out, and low and behold, it worked.... for about 3 weeks, then he dropped it in a pigpen. So he took it apart and cleaned it out again. This time after it dried he noticed strange dust (corrosion) in the phone, so he took lysol and alcohol and scrubbed and cleaned it up, with his 8 year old watching. Believe it or not, the phone worked....for a couple of days. He dropped it in another pig pen. He gave it to his son, and told him to put it up till he could go and clean it. His son thought he would be helpful, so he got out the lysol and sprayed the entire phone with it until it drip...
(continues)
driven2insanity

Jul 19, 2006, 4:32 PM
😲
CellAll.org

Jul 19, 2006, 3:35 PM
That has got to be the best story I've ever heard. I mean I've had brochures thrown at me but never an actual phone. you have way more patients than i do.
boredme

Jul 19, 2006, 3:54 PM
It can be a very comical job...I myself have had a lot of interesting customers
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 19, 2006, 4:31 PM
People are nuts. What can ya do?
xXprodigal_sonXx

Jul 19, 2006, 4:38 PM
"Acrossed the street"

Are you freakin' serious... learn how to speak/type correctly before insulting others.
clr7181

Jul 20, 2006, 9:49 AM
xXprodigal_sonXx said:
Are you freakin' serious... learn how to speak/type correctly before insulting others.

"Freakin'" Is that word seriously in the dictionary? Didn't know that this was such a "formal" forum. And if you want to talk about speaking or typing correctly, allow me to remind you that your (...) does not stand for a question mark, which should have been your correct punctuation at the end of your slang sentence "Are you freakin' serious..."
xXprodigal_sonXx

Jul 21, 2006, 1:49 PM
I truly do not think that this is a formal forum. I do apologize for insulting you in anyway, even though this was not my initial intent. I think that as a manager one should be able to type and or spell correctly. I like to think of myself as fairly intelligent and at times I see things that just make my jaw drop. I completely understand where you are coming from as far as dealing with the customer, but take the extra fifteen seconds to re-read what you just typed and then post. Because customers do sometimes find their way into this forum and by representing yourself in the manner you did, they might be less apt to travel into one of your locations. Please accept my sincerest of apologies.
clr7181

Jul 21, 2006, 2:50 PM
🙄 Apology Accepted 🙄 ]
I agree with you, however, in an on line forum; many people use poor language and grammar. But do you see the rest of us going around pointing out grammatical errors made in all the other posts? No. And in my job, I am not required to draft composition letters to my customers. And besides, do you honestly think that they would care that much about someone who instead of using "Across" wasn't paying that close of attention and wrote "Acrossed"? Honestly, these days, they are more concerned with finding a rep that can speak their own language (mostly English) correct grammar or not.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.