Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 34 replies

funny stories over the last few days?

tequilasundae

Jul 24, 2004, 10:31 AM
weve had 2 applicants over the week..one was a young woman, who smacked her hand on the counter and demanded an application...when my boss said she'd have to bring back a resume', she said "whos that"?? (i think her name was Aresume' Johnson)

the one yesterday asked for an "appication" had on a house arrest anklet...yeah right!!
abbazabba

Jul 25, 2004, 3:15 AM
not much but the freak lady who's acct passcode was "jesus"
mobile_guru

Jul 25, 2004, 11:28 AM
here is one that i found funny.

Few days ago i ran credit for this guy. His first name was GOD. Really GOD.

he came up deposit. so i called coos and asked if we could do something to lower it for God. Rep on the other end was laughing her ass off.

i thought that was funny.
GWFOX

Jul 25, 2004, 11:54 AM
Oh man... How did you keep a straight face?

I can see it now. A new advertising scheme!

"Our Wireless provider is so good that even God uses it."
sunvzw

Aug 11, 2004, 8:16 PM
when i worked foe attws..two old ladies came up to my kiosk and wanted to apply for mom..she cant get out of bed anymore..(what the hell dose she need a phone for)any who but out of boardom i ran an application anyways..for mom..even though she was not there..i figuered if she was approved mom could come in to sign...the app came back with manual review...i called in, the guy on the phone wanted me to look at the drivers licence and social so i look at the picture it expired in 1993 and the lady was real old...knowing i did something wrong i said yes she is standing there...he tells me praise god mrs. smith has risen from the dead..she dided 5 years ago...trying not to laugh i told them there was an 800 dollar depo..try sprint upstairs they ...
(continues)
poppavolk

Jan 13, 2006, 12:36 PM
What is it with some people???

anyone else get the customers who talk about technology and mankind taking on the mark of the beast, and crazy crap like that??

I mean, if technology is "evil," why, why, why are you even looking at cell phones?????
CptFarlow

Jan 13, 2006, 5:27 PM
When I worked at Home Depot, people would refuse to use the self-checkout lines. It always made me crack up.

"Sir, there is no line here, I can help you through scanning your items if you like..."

Customer: "Never! I'll never use those machines! They take jobs away from young kids in school..."

What they don't get is, being a cashier SUCKS!!! Why do they think there is such high turnover rate? I got paid close to minimum wage, I hated my job, and waited for one day to quit, and after 4 months of it, I did. There was one woman who was a cashier in that store for like, 18 years...that amazed me... 😳
Insomniac

Jul 25, 2004, 1:10 PM
BTW hi all im new to this forum here, but anyway i got 2. One happened yesterday a girl came in and wanted a phone etc etc i thought nothing of it turned out afterlooking at her drivers license to input the info it was her 8th birthday. I said happy birthda and that it was a good present and all to get yourself. Them she says "my parents dont want to get one so im getting one, f*** them." she says it right to my face completely straight i can say i was a little surprised LOL.

Secondly this happened awhile back when i was doing CSR. A old lady calls in with a problem with her phone, she already tried tech support and they said the phone wasnt working and it would need to be sent in (looking at previous memos) and anyway she called about 10...
(continues)
Insomniac

Jul 25, 2004, 1:11 PM
and by the way i meanty 18th birthday ehhe
phonepimp3376

Jul 25, 2004, 2:51 PM
I was about to ask where you live where 8 year olds drive... I'm staying OUT of that state. I don't wanna try to explain to my insurance company that I was sideswiped by a hot pink Barbie convertible!
Insomniac

Jul 25, 2004, 3:05 PM
ahaha im telling you man those barbie convertibles are deadly! anyway im in Oregon for all those wondering =D
2Rails

Jul 26, 2004, 6:34 PM
i spent over 2 hours selling a phone to a very sweet 84 year old woman. wouldn't have taken 2 hours, but she still had ROTARY dial phones at home and had a helluva time wrapping her brain around how the cell phone worked without wires or cables of any kind. i can assure you that it took everything i had to keep the sarcastic responses bottled up...

look at these... MAGIC PHONES! NO WIRES!

happy selling all...
abbazabba

Jul 27, 2004, 2:45 AM
On my desk, I have a picture of a rotary wireless phone. It's from a 1982 Bell System phone catalog for car phones. "Magically displays the number you are calling."
towermonkey

Jul 27, 2004, 10:16 AM
Gotta love the bastards at Bell Labs. Evil, soulless men they are...

Actually, my grandmother had a rotary-dial phone leased from AT&T that she'd had ever since her & grampa built their house in the late '40s. I sat down with her & calculated exactly how much she'd spent in lease payments over the past 60 years... then took her to Target & bought her a nice push-button cordless phone, got her Touch-Tone service. You'd have thought I bought her a new car. She called all her friends praising me & her newfound 'freedom'. I love my gramma.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Jul 27, 2004, 8:36 PM
I had a woman come into my store today who wanted to port her number from T-Mobile to Cingular. I explained to her the ways that Cingular fits her best, versus the pros and cons of T-mobile. She was sold on what Cingular had to offer.

I then checked to see if her cellular number was eligible to port, and it was. So I activate her phone and rag her up in my sales portal. Upon completion of the sale and as I was going over the contract, she said, "****." I asked her what was wrong.....

She then told me that she gave me her old AT&T wireless number that she had before T-mobile. I stood there in disbelief. Trying not to laugh I checked to see if her "real" T-mobile number was able to port, and it was not.

She decided to wait as she had...
(continues)
VZWCustServ

Jul 27, 2004, 8:58 PM
Iselltheshitoutofphones said:
I had a woman come into my store today who wanted to port her number from T-Mobile to Cingular. I explained to her the ways that Cingular fits her best, versus the pros and cons of T-mobile. She was sold on what Cingular had to offer.

I then checked to see if her cellular number was eligible to port, and it was. So I activate her phone and rag her up in my sales portal. Upon completion of the sale and as I was going over the contract, she said, "****." I asked her what was wrong.....

She then told me that she gave me her old AT&T wireless number that she had before T-mobile. I stood there in disbelief. Trying not to laugh I checked to see if her "real" T-mobile number was able to port,
(continues)
djdelay

Jan 12, 2006, 6:31 PM
yeah dude.....you f'd up
celesticatfl

Jan 13, 2006, 12:29 PM
It would have had a different exchange number anyway and would've come back not approved or carrier mismatch, something like that. ATT numbers do not have the same NXX range that a T-Mob would. Strange and weirder things have happened
djdelay

Jan 13, 2006, 3:21 PM
man....this thread is a year and a half old.....I just posted something to bump it....I don't really think or care that he f'd up
dsmith5237

Jul 31, 2004, 9:25 PM
Today I had a customer walk up and say that she was having trouble accessing her voicemail, that she had to call her own number to reach it. I thought to myself, there's nothing wrong here, so I took the phone, mashed the '1' button on her 4920 and reached her voicemail. I proceeded to demonstrate that yes indeed you reach voicemail by calling yourself and that the shortcut is the 1 key on her phone. I then went on for the next ten minutes trying to explain how a mail in rebate works, repeatedly repeating myself, with my manager even repeating that and I still don't think that couple understood it.
abbazabba

Aug 1, 2004, 3:03 AM
👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿
I really hate when that damn sound that signals an incoming call comes, and in drops someone who doesn't even know their information. How the hell can you not know your phone number.
👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿
verizonsales

Aug 1, 2004, 6:52 PM
I think the worst is when you know the customer is on the toilet! Do customers really think we cannot tell? The strain in their voices and the flush of the toilet are dead giveaways!!! 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳
abbazabba

Aug 2, 2004, 3:22 AM
Oh my god, I swear I had a guy who must have been passing a sofa cushion. I couldn't believe he couldn't find a better time to discuss his cell phone bill.
BigBossMan

Aug 2, 2004, 3:47 PM
🙄 I'm pretty sure we have all had this happen before but it is really hard to keep a straight face after being yelled,screamed and cursed at because the little old lady or little old man is upset that there phone doesn't work. Only to find out everything is fine and try to explain to them that a cellular phone doesn't have a Dial Tone. 🙄

Also another famous trade mark of the Northern Indiana customer base is the Kid who reaches into there pocket to throw there ID at you to run a credit Check and either a Joint or blunt comes flying with it 😉
aemsafd

Jan 12, 2006, 6:49 PM
Had one guy come into the store today and the first question he asked me was "What day is today?"

Knew that was going to be interesting...
MrGoofball

Jan 12, 2006, 9:39 PM
I don't mean to be mean but why on God's Green Earth would you bump a year and half old thread? 😛
djdelay

Jan 12, 2006, 9:49 PM
I did it, for the hell of it.
tequilasundae

Jan 13, 2006, 10:39 AM
aemsafd said:
Had one guy come into the store today and the first question he asked me was "What day is today?"

Knew that was going to be interesting...

yeah,,i was wondering the same thing
ESmurf

Jan 13, 2006, 3:37 PM
I was finishing a new line activation today when an impatient kid walks in and stands right next to my customer. The kid has more metal in his face than skin. While the customer is signing something I ask how I can help the kid and he asks if we're still hiring (which we are... explaining the 5 Now Hiring signs we have posted) So I gave him an application. Seriously does he plan on spending an hour every morning removing his umpteen million piercings?
aemsafd

Jan 13, 2006, 3:39 PM
What's even better is when the kids parent's come in to pick up an application for them.

If they can't get out of bed and drag their lazy asses down here, why would I want to give them a job?
ESmurf

Jan 13, 2006, 3:44 PM
OH! I had that last month... we also require a resume when they turn in their app. so we have yet to get one back at this location. Working in Hick Town USA sucks.
My last customer didn't have a computer and although he had a cell before the one he bought from me he couldn't comprehend how to use the camera or voice mail or external display or volume...NOTHING! It was an 8910, not even a complicated phone.
KrazyJoe

Jan 13, 2006, 3:59 PM
I just recieved a resume the other day that had clearly been photocopied several times (had that dark shade to it). And she didn't bother to use any punctuation. Or proper english.

example "i was responsibilities for runing the counter and helping customer and stuff in the back"

not kidding
ESmurf

Jan 13, 2006, 4:05 PM
😲 My goodness!!! I'm glad to see they finally got computers in the ghetto.
johnnybmagic

Jan 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
I just had a guy drop off a resume yesterday whom stated that he had "great costumer service skills".
KrazyJoe

Jan 14, 2006, 11:27 AM
I had to read that twice to catch it.

He must work at party city during october.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.