Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

what? I have to pay....

itt

Jul 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
tax? why do I have to pay tax for this or that etc..... I hear this every single day and now i'm just so use to it it goes out the other ear. I even printed out stuff that says, TAX IS CHARGED BY THE STATE, so stop asking me why there's tax.
Sholyhit

Jul 5, 2006, 10:53 AM
I love the whole "I've never had to pay that much before." It's a prepaid payment. It stays the same every month. There is the price of the plan you're on and TAX. "Oh I never had to pay tax before.I just hand the people $57 exactlly every month and leave." Well then your phone wouldn't be on, because after tax, it's 60.42. 'I'm going somewhere else where they won't charge me tax!' Ok... I think there is a military base about a 2 hour drive from here. Try it out there... oh wait! We don't have a store there... have a nice trip. 😡
burger_with_fries81

Jul 5, 2006, 10:57 AM
When I worked for Cingular their PPD paperwork stated they reserved the right to change PPD rates up to 10% (if I remember correctly) without notice... dunno about other carriers though.
Sholyhit

Jul 5, 2006, 11:02 AM
Lol our contract "terms and conditions" say that. In fact, most documents of a legal nature are pretty much null and void anyways because most say, in one form or another, "The terms and condition are subject to change at any time without notice to the undersigned" or something like that...
itt

Jul 5, 2006, 11:03 AM
not sure about that, but i'm talking about state tax. Tax is on everything you buy and what would make cell services any different? These people are the same people that have been paying every month and they notice now that tax is always added? COME ON!!!! give me a break, i just hate it when they go off on me or my co workers about tax. It's retarded, I wonder if there like this when they buy clothes or food or pay w/e else...
krickt

Jul 5, 2006, 11:07 AM
Tax is a funny thing, though. Take sales tax for example. Sales tax is paid by the retailer not the customer, but the retailers have added it onto the purchase price, so that they don't have to pay it, and the customer pays it. The same thing with all the taxes that show up on our bills, everything from electric, gas, water, land line phones and cell phones, those taxes are assesed to the providers, but they don't want to pay them so they pass them on to the customer and then throw their hands up in the air and claim there's nothing they can do about the taxes. Not that we as agents/reps can do anything about the taxes, just that the companies that the taxes have been assesed to have passed the burden of taxes onto the consumer, rather t...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.