Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 65 replies

i know this may sound very bad, but im sorry ihave to say...

black_burry

Jun 28, 2006, 2:49 AM
why do asains and arabics ALWAYS want everything for free, im know it may sound so racist and insensative, but its the truth, every time i get one of those customers they want the most expensive phone for free, with free accessories, ist like wat the hell, i had this asain couple come up to me today.

first of all, they had money,the husband had just bout a 8801, invoice price...i remeber selling it to him, thats like 700 right there,so here we go

Cus: i wanna add 2 lines, i was razrs....

Me: no prob, since ive sold to you before, ill give you a deal, and a razr at $100 each, with 80 mail-in rebate, and free headsets to go with each

Cus: OH? i want them for free

Me: Huh? you know sir i cant do them both for free, you know what,...
(continues)
satch of the moe

Jun 28, 2006, 6:59 AM
yeah i hate cheap skates to i aint a racist. Oh yeah just to let you know it. Its asians.
chainsaw

Jun 28, 2006, 9:22 AM
Its cultural. Most cultures consider it an insult if you don't try to bargain with the seller.
clr7181

Jun 28, 2006, 10:19 AM
chainsaw said:
Its cultural. Most cultures consider it an insult if you don't try to bargain with the seller.

I'll second that!! In this little bitty town I work in, we have 3 Hotels (worth mentioning anyways). The owner of the Super 8 one day came in to my store. He wanted anything and everything free. When i explained to him what I could/couldn't do, he offered me a free nights stay at the Super 8 Jaccuzi suite. Now, how high class is that? Super 8 Jaccuzi suite? And tell me what good does that do me? I live within 5 miles of the hotel, if i'm sleeping anywhere, I'm sleeping at home! And besides, one night at the super 8 is by no means worth my job. They seem to think that it is a "personal" d...
(continues)
djshawn

Jun 28, 2006, 2:12 PM
We live in America and it's 2006. We don't "barter" at retail stores.

Don't like it? Go to some other country that still "barters" in 2006.
OhSoKorny

Jun 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah but it seems like once they try their schick at Wal-mart, Safeway, Verizon, Shell Gas stations... they'd quickly get the picture that NO ONE BARTERS!

Although I did manage to get myself a free Starbucks drink the other day. Yummm...
newfette

Jun 28, 2006, 9:58 AM
you have a louie vouton in your mall??
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 11:44 AM
maybe he got a deal on the bags, maybe the reason that he has money is because he haggles and never pays full price for anything he gets
black_burry

Jun 28, 2006, 12:00 PM
yea in our mall we got louie, coach, lacoste, hollister, gap, footlocker, victorias secrect, macys, jc pennys, nordstrams just a few to name, i work in the largestest mall in NJ
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
do you think that if a customer of the Caucasoid persuasion gave you a hard time you would remember them for their race?
itt

Jun 28, 2006, 12:23 PM
Maybe it's just where I live and work, but I'd have to say every race expects something free. It's typical of people this day and age and it's not just certain races. To be honest white people are more to expect things free at this store. So like I said it's not just one race tho, that's just an overstatment.
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 12:26 PM
yeah i know, its just more common for people of one race to pick out racial "traits" of others, but if someone of the same race does something its not a racism thing. If people who make complaints like that work in maine or vermont they wouldnt be on here saying something like... "Why is it that white people always.......... when buying a cell phone?"
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 12:31 PM
that reminded me of this thing that a friend emailed me a while back

Are We Racists?

You pass me on the street, and sneer in my direction.

You call me "Whiteboy", "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey","Gringo"
and you think it's OK.

But if I call you, (edited for ps), you call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why
are the ghettos and barrios the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah, You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi, You have the NAACP,

You have BET.

If we had WET (white entertainment television) we'd be racists.

If we had a Whit...
(continues)
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 12:42 PM
Those kinds of things have the entirely wrong attitude, maybe you should take care of the real racists before you want to start a white pride anything, especially since those things are started by the klan and WTC, AN, or NA.

And c'mon, who the hell in their right mind would compare a word created by george jefferson to n*gger? i mean... COME THE F*CK ON!

friggin honkeys
-T-Russ

Jun 28, 2006, 12:47 PM
Its not a racial thing everyone wants to haggle about the price of their phones "Come on man I know you can do better then this, I know you work on commision". This is not a flea market the price listed is the price you pay.
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
yeah, companies do haggle, sprint will pay your ETF in some markets right now. and a number of people are aware of the actual costs of some of these accessories, people are given discounts on several things, if people trade in their old phone they can get some money off their accessories, some indirects or maybe even direct stores will give free stuff if it makes the sale, really competition is to blame, i constantly get people who wont renew because they signed up with another agent that "said" that the accessories were free, which in actuality he probably increased the cost of the phone and said they were which is what a few people here do.

I'm at a disadvantage because not only allowed to wheel and deal on stuff like that, im too hone...
(continues)
bomb Diggity

Jun 29, 2006, 12:05 PM
Sprint will pay the ETF. I have heard of that, I think that it's terrible. What a great way to ruin the american consumer's responsibility.

Also, honesty has nothing to do with "lying about a price and saying it's included"

It's a legal business practice called bundling.
alejandro

Jun 29, 2006, 2:00 PM
i didnt say it was illegal, i said it doesnt fit into my ethics, to me it is not ethical.

It may not be lying but it is not telling to the truth.
bomb Diggity

Jun 29, 2006, 3:24 PM
Sure it is. When a customer comes in and asks me about my plans... I tell them that I can set them up on this, this, and this, for that price.

And it's the truth. I can set them up for that.

Can they get only one this for a less price? Sure... but they never ask that...
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 12:47 PM
WCOTC, my bad
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 12:53 PM
i never said that i agreed with all of it, i do disagree with some of it, like the part about the colleges, scholerships, and BET

and what makes the n word so much worse than the words used as racial slurs against white people

also, if a white, hispanic, asian etc... uses the n word then they're racist, but it is socially acceptable for a black person to say it all they want
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 12:56 PM
Actually hispanics are officially allowed by the black community (method man) to say it, i have never seen an asian say it in my life and several white kids say it to each other on a regular basis.

I think more white people watch BET than black as well.

And the "N" word has too much history behind it, maybe after 100 years of you getting the crap kicked out of you while someone calls you a honkey you can complain, but right now its just a 80's sitcom catchphrase.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 1:04 PM
the word doesn't have any history the meaning of it does, both are racial slurs, if the meaning of it can be changed when black or hispanics say it then why can't it be changed when when white people say it

also that is only one of the words that i edited out of the original message, there are many other words that are used towards other races that are the same wat
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 1:11 PM
its all about familiarity and comfort, when im joking around with people i tell them they can call me a spic, but if they do it to some dude on the street they are gonna get their ass beat, and they are wise if they understand that. Im sure white kids who hang out with black friends have that same level of comfort, most white people really dont give a damn about words like honkey, peckerwood, cracker, whitey, because there are worse things to worry about or even be called. But for a black person, that is the worst thing they can be called. Like richard pryor said when you are having a fight with someone its hard enough being a human being, when they break out the n word its even harder because now im a "N*gger too"

White people who are un...
(continues)
bomb Diggity

Jun 29, 2006, 12:12 PM
Honestly, I don't care what history is behind the "n" word. That's what all those equal rights things were about. They were to essentially erase the past, and make a more equal future.

I disagree with the history behind the "n" word, but if racism would ever be put behind the human race, white people should be able to call black people n*****s, if black people are allowed to call white people slurs like honkey, gringo, etc.

You can try to argue with me on this one, but I'm right considering that the inequality is proven in what I wrote.

Why would I have to edit out the word "n*****s", but not honkey or gringo, if black and white people are equal?
alejandro

Jun 29, 2006, 2:00 PM
you are the perfect example of why white people cannot say it.
bomb Diggity

Jun 29, 2006, 3:25 PM
I don't understand, please explain?
alejandro

Jun 29, 2006, 3:37 PM
The biggest warning sign, and the best sign that someone should not be allowed to say it, is their urge and their demand to say it. If you feel so strongly about your need to say it, there is something wrong there. People who are outraged that they cannot, subconciously already know they cannot. People say it all the time, white people, black people, hispanics to every other color of person, because they know there is no problem with them saying it, comfort and lack of negativity behind it renders it benign.
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 1:03 PM
I've been a member of several anti racist groups in my life and i will be the first to admit black people as a whole are more racist than whites (Anti-racist groups are more "White" than the Klan), but there is a percentage of white racists who take it to levels nobody else can, and if they ever get the racial war they want white people will be the first to kill them, but all the things in that e-mail are trivial and misrepresented, all of them.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 1:08 PM
not all of them
name one college that is advertised as a white only school
find one scholorship that lists being white as a requirement
name one tv station that bases it's whole image as being for white people

you can't, you don't find any of those because they are considered racist
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 1:14 PM
There are several jokes i could insert in here like Pepperdine or CBS, but that is like that for a reason, for those of you who forgot history, there used to be white only schools, and white only stations.

When the Black only campus's lynch a white person, you wont find any more black only schools. I guarantee that.

Plus, as messed up as black people are in this country are you really going to fault them for trying to improve themselves as a whole? Besides, for as much damage as BET does to black people all over the country, something like a black college cancels it out.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 1:29 PM
my point is, why are those things considered ok for black people, schoools, organizations to do but not for white people

it's a double standard
OB1J3D1

Jun 28, 2006, 1:34 PM
I believe there are "white" organizations etc...

if you count the black muslims and balck panthers etc., you must also count the KKK, and other white supremist/extremist groups as white groups.

Food for thought, how bout the skull and bones? the masons? and all other "old money" "old boy" white groups that stay out of the press and under the radar (or at least try to).
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 1:45 PM
i'm not talking about hate groups because they are wrong no matter what color they support or hate

and i'm not saying that those groups don't exist, i'm saying that if someone went out and and started the NAAWP to advance the lives of white people then it would be considered wrong and racist

i don't think that there should be a NAAWP,
because it really is racist, so is the NAACP, my point is that it is socially acceptable to be racisit in america if you are a minority, but not if you are white
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 2:06 PM
There is a NAAWP, it was created by david duke a long time ago...
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 2:18 PM
exactly my point, i mention the idea of a group created only for white people and you automatically assume KKK

i was talking about a group that does the same thing as the NAACP but for white people, you assumed a group of biggots trying to terrorize black people
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 2:19 PM
NO! THERE IS A NAAWP! IT WAS CREATED BY DAVID DUKE!
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 1:40 PM
No, its not, its called history. those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 1:48 PM
so your saying that since white people in america used to own black slaves then the white people that come after them are forever known as racist

and since black people were mistreated then they can never be considered racist
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 1:55 PM
No, i already said they are more racist as a whole, just white people are more extreme about their racism.

And no. Because no more than 40 year ago white people were still murdering black people, and even today they are still discriminated against, and even to this day there are several white power and neo nazi groups that still atively try to re-enslave them, plan their murders, distribute hate literature, found record labels with the sole intent on writing songs about killing black people, jews, homosexuals, all non-whites, and all whites that disagree with them. and distribute e-mails about how unfair racism is to white people and not to black people.

Take care of those groups, wipe them all out and then i will let you say n*gger ...
(continues)
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 2:13 PM
yes in the past there were many people who did horrible things to black, hispanic, gay, etc people and yes there is still discrimination against those people, there is also descrimintaion against white people and there are plenty of black militant groups as well, ever heard of the black panthers, they preached violence against whites

do you think that there has never been a white person hurt or killed because of his color
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 2:19 PM
While i have no idea of the activities of the New Black panther party, the Black panthers did not preach violence against whites, they preached self defense and self determination, and had several non white members including hispanics asians and several whites.

And my argument was that they continue to do it to this day, not that they did it a long time ago, you did not address that. And i'm sure white people have been killed because of their race, it has just never been reported though, its usually just a robbery and white people are easier targets in compton, so it was not race, it was money.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 2:25 PM
many of todays, "hate crimes" had nothing to do with race either, media sees a white person kill a black person and it is automatically assumed "hate crime"
look at the whole duke lacrosse team incident
black woman accuses white boys of raping her automatic racial issue, nevermind the fact that the woman has claimed rape before and then withdrew charges, or that the only dna found in her body was from her boyfriend
now the black community is in an uproar claiming it was a hate crime when there may not have even been a crime at all
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 2:52 PM
i dont agree with hate crimes laws myself (most laws are bad), mostly because they are used to apply for anything, and can be just as easily applied to black people. Hell if a kid decapitating a statue can be prossecuted as committing a hate crime then anyone can. you are still not addressing the issues i brought up. you are going to new incidents each time.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 2:58 PM
some black panther chapters preached self defence, some preaced violence, they are only one example of black militant groups manay of whick are active today

you said that i was only focusing on the past and i gave you a current example of what is widely thought of as a racialy inspired crime and said that it didn't seem to be the case to me
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 3:06 PM
The New Black Panther Party and The Nation Of Islam are the only 2 black racist groups in this nation, meanwhile there are over 100 white neo nazi or neo confederate groups, you should know this living in texas, only california surpasses it in hate group chapters within state lines.

I cannot say whether or not one Black Panther chapter preached violence against whites, but you can not say they did either, not knowing much about them. (you dont have to worry about them though, most of them were murdered by the FBI and made examples of)

No, i said you were not focusing on the past, not focusing on history and the reason things are the way they are today, i accused you of claiming that abuses happened too far back in time, which i respon...
(continues)
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 3:28 PM
ok your right, there are still some cases to this day where monorities are victims of racism, i never denied that
yes there still are white supremecist groups and there may be around 100 in the US

there are more than 2 black racists groups in the country, they just don't get as much publicity, which is exactly my point
tx may have the second most racist groups but keep in mind tx also second in population and size, so there are far more people spread out over a larger distance so that statistic does make sense

doesn't change the fact that it is socialy acceptable to be a racist if your a minority, and that if a white person commits or is acccused of commiting a crime against a person of color then they are far more likely to be brand...
(continues)
OB1J3D1

Jun 28, 2006, 3:35 PM
"doesn't change the fact that it is socialy acceptable to be a racist if your a minority, and that if a white person commits or is acccused of commiting a crime against a person of color then they are far more likely to be branded a racist and charged with a hate crime than if a colored person does the same to a white person"

It is never socially acceptable to be a racist, minority or not.
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 3:39 PM
i don't think that it should be but it is
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 3:37 PM
And it is the several white supremacists groups, and the fact they are so prevalent and so active/deticated to subjugating people that you cannot have your whites only colleges, that you cannot have your white tv channels or the white pride parades (the klan currently has the market on this)

They are the reason The New Black Panther Party exists and there may be some more black supremecist groups that are not as advertised, but there are several thousand white supremecist groups that have that equal number of attention/activity, it seems like every southern Baptist minister has his own WP organization.

They are the reason hate crimes have been created, when black people usually kill white people it is robery/gang related (which is why...
(continues)
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 4:52 PM
so a white man killing someone because they are black is somehow worse than a black man killing someone because he wants there money, shoes, etc
alejandro

Jun 28, 2006, 5:23 PM
no, but they are 2 different laws because they are 2 different crimes, neither work very well, but that is the reason they exist
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 5:38 PM
i believe in the tx death penalty views

"you kill someone, we'll kill you back"
alejandro

Jun 29, 2006, 1:58 PM
Thats actually ron white's views.

Texas views = If you kill someone, We will kill you (or if we can't find who did it we will kill the best candidate)
OB1J3D1

Jun 28, 2006, 1:29 PM
I don't think "White" is a race. Black, on the other hand, is almost equivalent to Afro-American (in the US at least).

I mean you don't call darker hispanics/Latinos black, nor indians, nor hindis...etc. But, since the "whites" are in most cases "priveledged" anyone who is of fair complexion is often grouped in, or would like to be. If I asked a german American what race he was, would he say white? how bout a swiss? etc.

Anyways, just my $0.02
In my mind, race=nationality and ethnicity=heritage.
bomb Diggity

Jun 29, 2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe you are taking the wrong approach yourself there, Alejandro. He has a point.
Sholyhit

Jul 1, 2006, 7:03 PM
If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives,we'd be racists.

It's called The Masons. There is also the Society of Columbus.
alejandro

Jul 1, 2006, 7:12 PM
i believe its called the knights of columbus.. but thats a catholic organization, not a white one. Masons have nothing to do with religion or race... the NAAWP, like i said earlier is a racist organization
OB1J3D1

Jul 3, 2006, 1:47 PM
Although the masons do not have anything to with religion or race aren't they all white anyway? Or at least the old gard of the masons were...Ben Franklin, Galileo, etc.
alejandro

Jul 3, 2006, 2:40 PM
im not a mason, i have no idea of their membership, but they allow anyone to join that meets their criteria, but they are more diests, all i know is that all religious organizations hate them, so they have membership among all religious ethnicities (including muslims) so they cant all be white.
canyoubelievethisjack...

Jun 28, 2006, 3:29 PM
what makes you think they act "cheap" because they are asians or somewhere specific?
kapwww

Jun 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
That's why he has money. His cheap arse won't spend it. Most rich people that I've worked for think they deserve everything for free. If someone already said this...sorry. If someone here is rich, I'm not trying to peg you. You may not be like the rich people I've worked for.
xDon.TM

Jun 29, 2006, 12:25 PM
sadly, it's people like that that almost got me fired the other week.
Whitehorse

Jun 29, 2006, 4:05 PM
I think we've had a thread or two on this (or similar) subjects recently...

Yes, there are different cultures out there where haggling is the practice, & sometimes very combative haggling.

While I understand this, these people do need to understand they are in a different culture, molding to ours & not expecting us to mold to theirs. If I were to go to the Middle Eastern festival, I would expect to haggle.
alejandro

Jun 29, 2006, 4:07 PM
i have already posted that in the cell phone business, haggling and bartering are more prevalent than people believe.
Whitehorse

Jun 30, 2006, 5:22 PM
That is a great point alejandro, thank you for reminding all of us of this salient information!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.