Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

But it didn't work before!!

artax80

Jun 26, 2006, 12:30 PM
Why is it when a customer brings in a phone that is having problems and you tell them the phone has been liquid damaged they proceed to give you a list of problems the phone had before? I get this at least once a week. I'm sorry if it didn't work before, but since you didn't bring it in until now and it has been liquid damaged, the warranty is void. And no, arguing with me won't change that. My ultimate favorite with this is when they tell you what's not working, you explain to them there's been liquid damage, and they tell you the phone has NEVER gotten wet. Well, the liquid indicator sticker says otherwise. Then, they tell you it didn't work before that either. Um, if you're so sure it never got wet, then how do you know it didn't w...
(continues)
Silver Starfire

Jun 26, 2006, 12:39 PM
Your lucky you get them once a week. Now that its summer and I live in a tourist area we get them at least once a day. You tell them it can't be fixed and they continue telling you other issues thinking you can do something on one of them.
Or you get the, "I'm not complaining about the corrosion. I can't hear people" and the "I didn't come in because display/housing/phone snapped in half, my phone is not charging, fix the charge port"
My fav is when they say, what does liquid damage have to do with "insert issue here".
Lots don't understand that just one thing can void warranty, yet I know every provider has those posters that state when your phone can be repaired and what causes warranty to be voided (well I know Cingular, Verizon, Tmob...
(continues)
Willwise

Jun 26, 2006, 3:02 PM
my personal favorite complaint is my phone won't hold a charge. so I will switch the battery out with a warranty phone and give them a the new battery so that they stop crying. The funny thing is the battery can usually stay powered on for several days I know its stand by time but do you think maybe someone was looking for a free upgrade?
Jennyboo

Jun 26, 2006, 3:29 PM
I think everyone looks for a free upgrade nowadays...

There were always the people who would come in and have a cracked screen and then said the charging port is bad and wanted us to swap it out under warranty. Then of course we would have to explain to them that the cracked screen voided the mfg warranty, and they would continue to argue saying the screen cracked 6 mos ago and has nothing to do with the charging port...etc etc

And consequently, it seems that nobody ever offered any of these people insurance.
krickt

Jun 26, 2006, 3:43 PM
I love that one.... I've had it three times today already. My only defense is, if you don't tell me it's broke, I can't fix it! Now that it's wet, the best I can do is clean it up, dry it out, but even then it may never work again. Sorry, Charlie!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.