Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

NO... NOT COOL!!!

my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 10:20 AM
okay... so i have been open for about 15 min. right now and all i have done is watch people go into T-Mobile. They had a line waiting outside of the door for about 10 min before they even opened. It's Monday for cryin out loud. So all i get to do is watch them talk to all the people and sit here on god's gift to cell phone sales.
clr7181

Jun 26, 2006, 10:23 AM
Don't stress. They are prolly lined up to get at the rep who sold them the POS service.
my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 10:24 AM
you are probbably right... but at least they get to move around... cause i'm ready to go back to bed, it was a long night last night
bomb Diggity

Jun 27, 2006, 1:22 PM
Yes, I believe they are utilizing T-Mobile's fanatical customer service in order to receive all of their money back, and cancelling.
Cigee

Jun 26, 2006, 10:23 AM
I have a suggestion. You should go work for T-mobile so you can watch the poor guy across from you envy you. Seriously though I love it here. 😁
my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 10:26 AM
envy T-Mobile... are you seriouse?
Cigee

Jun 26, 2006, 11:34 AM
Completely. It's great working for a company that has the highest satisfaction rating in customer care. Honestly I have worked for every company besides alltel and cellular one and this one out does em all. Hands down.
my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 11:39 AM
i don't think i could handle working for a place that doesn't get service outside of major cities, it wouldn't work for me.
Cigee

Jun 26, 2006, 11:43 AM
Actually we just signed agreements with Cingular towers so coverage isn't an issue anymore. 😁 Nor has it been for a good 6 months now.
clr7181

Jun 26, 2006, 11:49 AM
So... what you are saying is that T-Mobile can thank Cingular for their coverage.....to me.. that's quite sad. 🙄
Cigee

Jun 26, 2006, 11:55 AM
Cingular didn't give them the tower space. They bought the tower space. Althought it would be courteous to thank them it is not necessary. I don't think they are very sad about the fact that they now have great coverage, the best rate plans and the highest overall customer satisfaction. Just a hunch. 😉
Silver Starfire

Jun 26, 2006, 12:01 PM
Traveled from Virginia to Texas 3 weeks ago. Had no service w/ Tmo for half the trip. Cancelled last week and went to Cingular. Guess their "better" covereage doesn't work all that well.
Cigee

Jun 26, 2006, 12:12 PM
Every company has dead areas. Every one of them. I couldn't get coverage in my house wth Cingular....ever and I live in a pretty popular area. I did not say that t-mobile had better coverage then cingular. I said that their coverage has gotten better. I don't know about you but I like paying less for a whole hell of alot more minutes and helpful customer care represenatives. I have absolutely no problems at all with coverage. I have a quad band phone so that helps and also we are constantly putting towers up in areas that people call in to report outages at.
spum

Jun 26, 2006, 2:18 PM
Try to use your cell phone in Wyoming. I dare you. Frankly, I'd rather have a cell phone that works than one that gives me lots of minutes and helpful customer care.
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 2:42 PM
But do you live in Wyoming? I don't and probably never will, and I probably will never go there either. It's not that T-Mobile is the BEST as I've said before, it's the best for me, but there are people who do spend time in Wyoming and Montana and need a phone there, then T-Mobile is not for them. But that's why we offer the only (here comes my one nod at the stupid scripting!) coverage map to pinpoint specific locations, so we're going to be totally frank about it, you can check your home address, where you live, where you work, and if you're planning on traveling then check that too, see where we have towers and where we don't. At least then you know what you're in for.
spum

Jun 26, 2006, 4:47 PM
I do live in Wyoming, and I also go to one of the best business schools in the country. Students come in from all over the country and switch carriers from GSM providers every year. It's alright for me because I get paid for it, but you'd think that carriers would try to put towers in reasonable traveling areas...like universities.
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 5:06 PM
We're also the smallest national carrier, in a lot of places we're playing catch-up, sadly. That still doesn't mean the service doesn't have it's merits, it does, as long as you have coverage.
Vox Dei

Jun 27, 2006, 1:24 PM
Been there Done that...worked fine. At least when i was trying to use it (don't ask why i went to wyoming but the trip through MT was nice)
my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 11:54 AM
when ever my girl friend go out of town to my family that lives in Fargo, NDs she turns her phone off as soon as we get north of Minneapolis because she doesn't get service, and this was 2 weekends ago.
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 11:55 AM
What phone does she have? If it's an older model it may be missing the 850 band which is what a lot of our roaming is in anymore.
my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 12:22 PM
she has the t309
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 1:04 PM
Ouch then I dunno, that would be one that should get all the new towers.
Cigee

Jun 26, 2006, 12:06 PM
Well I got on my trusty coverage check and found that Fargo is completely covered. It is roaming coverage but there is in fact coverage. T-mobile doesn't charge for roaming like every other comapny does so it shouldn't be a problem. Her phone may not have enough bands. A tri band phone should suffice.
my best friend Jack

Jun 26, 2006, 12:24 PM
by the way Verizon doesn't charge for roaming also, but that doesn't explain why her phone doesn't work... she has the t309 and has had it for about 3 or 4 months
clr7181

Jun 26, 2006, 1:27 PM
I suggest checking your facts first. Verizon does NOT charge any roaming fees (at least on any of the rate plans that started in Feb. 2005), Cingular-NO ROAMING, and the others I'm not exactly sure of.

Cingular may have not given T-Mobile the towers to use, but all T-Mo is doing is boosting Cingular's business by buying in to their towers. And, don't tell me that you have usage of ALL the cingular towers out there, trust me, if it was ALL towers, then T-mo would have no choice but to raise their fee's because they would begin going broke.
So, whichever way you try to re-word it to make it sound pretty...Way to go Cingular--you are one step closer to owning T-Mo!!

I believe that T-Mo has better customer service, because you have ...
(continues)
spum

Jun 26, 2006, 2:22 PM
The only company I know of that still charges roaming is Alltel.
blusdrmr

Jun 27, 2006, 2:51 PM
Only because they are more of a Regional carrier. SunCom also charges roaming on their Regional Plans outside of NC/SC. Of course they have roaming agreements with other carriers on the National Plans just like everyone else.

Oh....if it were based on price, SunCom would be on the top. Who can beat a Regional Plan for $59.99 that offers Unlimited minutes?
Nikoletta

Jun 27, 2006, 2:59 PM
Cricket usually has unlimited regional minutes for 45.99
-T---Micah-

Jun 27, 2006, 1:17 PM
Plus the addition of the 850mhz band last rear greatly improved our rural cverage.
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 11:54 AM
I live in the BFE and I get service on my T-mobile phone... now when I go visit my parents I have to stick the phone on a rack by the back door because that's the only place it picks up at their house but they live five miles past the edge of the earth (I'm not kidding, it's 30 minutes to the nearest gas station from their house.) I have my new bluetooth phone though so I kind of use the bluetooth to leap-frog the signal in so I can move around and still talk. But otherwise I haven't had trouble with signal anyplace else and Idaho has no major cities (Boise isn't even that major... half the country goes "Idawho?")
krickt

Jun 26, 2006, 5:23 PM
Hey, I loved Idaho when we were up there. Boise City was nice, but my fav is Coer D'Laine (I'm sure I butchered the spelling) My phone works up there, at least in the areas where phones work up there. There are some places up there that only work if you have a satelite phone.
Nikoletta

Jun 26, 2006, 6:34 PM
Coeur d'Alene hehehe, yes, it's horrible. It's French too. Are you up here in spud-country often? I'm stuck here... I used to live in one of those satellite only places, it was called Sandpoint but actually Sandpoint itself had coverage, just head North past Pondray and that's when it went out, and we were 10 miles north of there. I'll be going down to UofI next year too and it seems like coverage will be alright there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.