Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 39 replies

Smelly Customers

shortnblonde28

Jun 12, 2006, 1:22 PM
If you are going out somewhere, to a place where there are going to be other humans, why would you not take a shower. TWICE, twice I've had people come in that smelt like horse sh*t. The first customer that came in wanted to upgrade his phone. My co-worker dealt with him...thank god. He smelt so bad that we opened the door for air when it was in the middle of January and there was snow on the ground. He even left a trail of 'slime' on our stainless steel display cases. It was so bad that when he wanted to purchase the phone, we lied to him and told him we were out just so he'd leave. The other lady came in and said her phone wasn't working. She handed it to me and there was like grease or pam or something on it. I took of the battery to see ...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Jun 12, 2006, 1:24 PM
ewewewewewewewew...ew...ew i have to go take a shower now just after hearing that.
Sholyhit

Jun 12, 2006, 5:55 PM
We've had a couple of those in our store lately. These people smelled so horrible I seriously almost vomitted. Once it was just a single guy, who smelled so bad one of the other customers in the store asked him to go home and bathe. Another time it, more recently, it was a man and a woman. They were both 400+ pounds, and the woman was in a wheelchair. She was missing a foot. They were wearing nascar jackets. I started making jokes asking them if they drove for nascar and all kinds of stuff to lighten the mood. I had to do something to get my mind off the stench. I asked about her foot and said "Was it a racing accident? You shouldn't drink and drive you know." That's when she looked at me dead in the face and completely seriously said to me ...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jun 12, 2006, 6:03 PM

"No. I'm a little overweight, and my foot got crushed one time when I stood up, and it got gangrene and had to be amputated."

That is one hell of a wake-up call; though I doubt everyone answers.

Your story has thoroughly depressed me Sholyhit.
excerus

Jun 12, 2006, 7:04 PM
once when i worked in a finance office there was a lady who came in for a loan and while we were processing her application she pissed herself right there in the chair. the bad thing was she didn't say anything to anyone the poor secretary discovered it when she went to move the chair back across the office. that was a customer i will never forget and guess what....she was declined for her loan go figure.
Nikoletta

Jun 12, 2006, 7:35 PM
Oh wow, that is really nasty.
Nikoletta

Jun 12, 2006, 7:40 PM
Actually along that vein... we have a gal who when she was pregnant would pee herself in her chair, they finally put her on personal leave it was so nasty, she was kinda gross (kinda still is) to begin with and she wouldn't even wear like a sanitary napkin since she knew it was a problem... (when you've got an 8 lb lump on your bladder all the time, yeah it can be an issue, that's why they make sanitary napkins!) Heck I know a number of people who would have cheerfully bought them for her!
colione112

Jun 13, 2006, 9:53 PM
I have something worse than that.....

A smelly co-worker, who always smells... She actually peed on the chair (that everyone shares, well used to share)

I mean really... you have a decent job, at least shower before you come in, and learn to control your bodily functions for god's sake!
So Cal 1155

Jun 14, 2006, 3:09 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ Wow...you're right, that is worse... ๐Ÿ˜ณ
colione112

Jun 14, 2006, 9:12 PM
I believe she was finally sent to rehab a few days ago... I haven't seen her, and she's been removed from the schedule... but she isn't fired ๐Ÿ˜•
So Cal 1155

Jun 14, 2006, 11:04 PM
Or so you think!! Rehab..For what, Smelly Co-Workers Anonymous??
colione112

Jun 15, 2006, 9:08 AM
no for the underlying problem... the reason she has 6 no call no shows since january.. the reason she doesn't clean herself, the reason she sits in the back..
So Cal 1155

Jun 15, 2006, 11:16 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ 6 NO CALL, NO SHOWS SINCE JAN!!!??? Anybody else would've been fired by the 3rd N.C.N.S. I am truly shocked ๐Ÿ˜ณ . How can she still be there???? ๐Ÿคจ
colione112

Jun 15, 2006, 9:03 PM
We all ask ourselves that every time it happens... She had a baby in Nov, and ever since then, she uses doctor's notes like their toilet paper, and Cingy keeps accepting them...

She was actually fired, then hired back under the blue system (we were originally orange but moved to a blue store)

She hasn't been back since saturday, and no one is talking about it ๐Ÿ˜•
So Cal 1155

Jun 15, 2006, 9:12 PM
๐Ÿคจ ...She's gone...
colione112

Jun 15, 2006, 10:06 PM
I hope... I think she can't come back until she's done rehab... but I can't get anything out of the managers.
So Cal 1155

Jun 15, 2006, 11:12 PM
Well, best of luck to the next group of people she works with. And if she goes back to your store, not only do I feel sorry for you, but your managment team who keeps allowing her to come back. No way in hell would I allow her to come back to my store. And, it's not because of her "disorder" but based on the 6 No Call, No Shows... Pffft! unbelievable!!
colione112

Jun 15, 2006, 11:42 PM
I 100% agree, but it's up to the HR dept now... they were the one's that hired her back after she did 3 NCNS's (in a row) (this happened late last month) when she brought a doctor's note saying she was "depressed" from the recent birth (back in nov)
So Cal 1155

Jun 16, 2006, 12:00 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ Wow! Now THAT'S post-partum depression. Sorry, but it doesn't sound the least bit believeable. However, HR has to accept the Dr. Note, but they should still follow thru with corrective action.
colione112

Jun 16, 2006, 8:49 AM
Yea, but they should also send her to a company doctor because this is affecting others in the store, and the store overall...
So Cal 1155

Jun 16, 2006, 1:26 PM
So true, but I doubt that will happen... ๐Ÿ˜•
colione112

Jun 16, 2006, 1:55 PM
Yea I know... she came to work high as a kite, and they wouldn't send her for a drug test...

I don't have a problem with what you do outside of work as long as it doesn't affect you job...
So Cal 1155

Jun 16, 2006, 7:27 PM
Not ๐Ÿ˜ฒ . So, u work for corporate too ?? If you do, where at?
colione112

Jun 16, 2006, 11:30 PM
philly market you?
So Cal 1155

Jun 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
WAAAAAAAAAY on the other side of you. Orange County, Cali. Yep! That's right, the "OC" ๐Ÿ˜Ž lol, kidding! Anywho, I work at the store with the HIGHEST quota, and biggest traffic. Lucky me, huh ๐Ÿ˜• ?
colione112

Jun 17, 2006, 6:07 AM
what's your quota and traffic count like?
So Cal 1155

Jun 17, 2006, 7:27 AM
Well, our quota as a store is usually around 400 Activations, like 25,000-27,000 in Accessories, and the ever-wonderful LDs... As far as traffic goes, I've been at this store as a rep (started as a host, agency placement) since late Feb. and we've hit quota every month to this date... ๐Ÿ˜
colione112

Jun 17, 2006, 9:10 AM
our new add quota is usually about that, we have an oppur quota too that's usually around 600. we gotta be at 36 for access and 12 for features...

if we don't hit it, it's usually really close.
So Cal 1155

Jun 17, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, us too. So, you guys on that side sell LDs too ??
colione112

Jun 17, 2006, 9:08 PM
LDs? what's that?
So Cal 1155

Jun 18, 2006, 1:53 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ No Way! You guys don't sell the Sprint to Home?
colione112

Jun 18, 2006, 10:48 AM
no lol I'm in a cingy corp store
So Cal 1155

Jun 18, 2006, 10:48 PM
๐Ÿคจ No Fair!!
colione112

Jun 19, 2006, 6:15 AM
lol we'll be selling att home service in a few years if that makes you feel better...
So Cal 1155

Jun 19, 2006, 10:38 AM
In a couple yrs....and might be easier to sell a "BUNDLE" pack instead of the one thing a lot of ppl don't use nowadays...
bomb Diggity

Jun 15, 2006, 10:40 AM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe it's a problem with where you live... ๐Ÿคฃ
spum

Jun 16, 2006, 1:41 PM
I hate it when customers come in at 10 or 11 in the morning, and you can still smell the alcohol on them from 10 feet away.
So Cal 1155

Jun 16, 2006, 7:30 PM
yeah, know what you mean...also, when customers come in still smellin of the night before... *feeling sick*
lorilicious

Jun 18, 2006, 7:56 AM
ugh ! EW!! phew!!! nasty!! gross!! lol.. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿคฃ
I agree tho, what makes this people think that is ok to be so freakin gross? don't it bother them at all?? B.O ugh! lol
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 18, 2006, 1:07 PM
shortnblonde28 said:
It was so bad that when he wanted to purchase the phone, we lied to him and told him we were out just so he'd leave.

For commission, I hold my nose and/or breath and bear it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.