Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Cingular Prepaid Customer's

ATT_IS_DEAD

Jun 9, 2006, 8:56 PM
I work at a call center taking calls from Cingular prepaid customer's, and the calls we get are specifically from the South East USA.

These customer's are very different than the ATT Postpaid customer's I dealt with for the last 5 years.

Now I hate to stereotype . . . But the people I talk to definitely make it difficult not to. They are credit challenged, uneducated, and lie about anything and everything.

They must either be hard of hearing or not paying attention, because all they can say is huhhhhh, not pardon me, or could you repeat that, just huhhhh, they sound like geese, it is so annoying.

They don't press the buttons on their phone, they MASH the buttons. I almost fell on the floor when the man I was talking to said, " ...
(continues)
liquifiedgr00ve

Jun 10, 2006, 2:36 AM
you said it yourself. You're talking to the poor, bad credit rejects from the South. Of course you are going to be dealing with stupidity. Not to say that there isn't good and bad on both sides, but the law of averages is not in your favor sweetheart. I live in Tennessee so atleast you don't have to deal with these people after you get off work.
colione112

Jun 11, 2006, 12:07 AM
Now... imagine having to actually talk to them face to face, while selling the service to them ๐Ÿ™‚ Not a pretty picture.

Better yet... try selling a phone to someone who can't speak english. They're trying to get us to learn spanish to "service" them.. your kidding me right?? this is still America, English is the national language right?? WTF!
Daenerys

Jun 11, 2006, 1:07 PM
Actually, America doesn't have an official language. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

but, I agree with you.
colione112

Jun 11, 2006, 7:00 PM
I was at a very popular restaurant in philly and they actually had a sign that said "english only spoken here"...

I loved it!
Smartass1632

Jun 11, 2006, 1:50 PM
Yes it does. It's anglo-span-ebonics
LIL K

Jun 12, 2006, 9:16 AM
Some of the most stupid people I have ever met just happen to be my prepaid customers. And please tell me why they expect more customer service than my contract customers whom I actually make commission off of????? I no unnerstand. ๐Ÿคจ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.