Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Thieves!!!!

danclang

Jun 7, 2006, 10:25 AM
So we've seen these two kids coming the store not once but twice. When confronted the first time they said "just looking around". Saw them walking up and down the strip mall several times. Towards the end of the day, while we were busy (they peered into the store before coming in) they decided to come into the store again.

So I excused myself (after explaining to my customer what I think these kids were up to) to speak with the kids.

Me: excuse me, guys, what are you doing in here?

One of the kids: we're just looking around.

Me: well I've seen in coming in earlier and walking up and down the strip. What are you up to?

Kid: This is my first time in the store.

Me: No I've seen you in here my question is what are you doing in...
(continues)
krickt

Jun 7, 2006, 10:32 AM
We have a group of three or four kids that come into our store a couple of times a week, and we do the same thing. We ask them what they want, they say nothing, just looking around. We stand next to them or follow them through the store until they get tired of us. If we don't do this, things disappear from our store. Things like little radios, an rf modulator once, and a display (fakee) of a sirius sat unit. I don't think they are stealing because they want something, I just think they are bored and want to see what they can get away with. We have started meeting them at the door with a big smile. Usually they will back out and walk to the next store.
TIERRA226

Jun 7, 2006, 11:11 AM
Children come up to our kiosk all the time because they like looking at the phones. It's a warehouse so their parents are elsewhere. Once they come up, I ask "Where are your parents?" Once they point somewhere or say I don't know I then say "Find them." And off they go.
motodude69

Jun 7, 2006, 11:19 AM
All in all, I'm not sure if it is their intent to steal something. At a younger age, my friends and I would walk into stores/malls and just look at things we wish we could have. Radioshack was one of my favorites. I do understand what you mean though. I wouldn't want little kids rumaging the store while paying customers are there for professionalism.
TIERRA226

Jun 7, 2006, 11:35 AM
I understand 14 and older, because I can talk them into asking their parents for a phone. But not 5, 6 year old pulling at the phones. It drives me crazy.
MotoJoe22

Jun 7, 2006, 12:41 PM
I serisouly dont think they were going to steal anything. They were probably traumatized, being called a lair and thrown out of a store for the first time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.