Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 68 replies

Pet Peeves

mrraincoat

Jun 1, 2006, 9:26 AM
Ultimate Service Center Pet-Peeves

1. People who don’t know their own number because they “never call their own phone”

2. People who use pictures of their cats or as Wallpaper on their phone.
OR
Die Hard NASCAR customers who use a number 3 as their background.

3. Employees who use the phone number transfer machine and don’t put it back.

4. Cats. Again.

5. Motorola 720’s. All of them.

6. Bill due dates.

7. Body Odor.

8. People shorter than me.

9. People who repeat the same problem over, and over, and over again. Before they even let you try to fix it.

10. People who call in for us to fix their broken phone. Our latent psychic and telekinetic abilities have not progressed that ...
(continues)
GTO_chick

Jun 1, 2006, 10:12 AM
🤣 how about people who ask you a question and cut you off with another question before you answer the first one?
aemsafd

Jun 1, 2006, 10:13 AM
I HATE that.

But I don't let them winb. Trust me, I'm good like that.
xIsamuTM

Jun 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
people who come in pissed off about some problem you've never heard of, unable to duplicate. Then you look at their accounts and see 14 exchanges since 2004. Notes about calling in screaming, multifru after multifru. All they're doing is working the system to get free upgrades. I swear I'll get at least 2 of these people come in a week. I'm going to start loging these people to see how many repeat accounts we get.
Nikoletta

Jun 1, 2006, 2:34 PM
Awe, my cat is on my wallpaper, but just one cat and it's the same wallpaper, I haven't changed it on the past two years actually.
ailyhsaun

Jun 2, 2006, 8:21 AM
Hmmm where to start .... I have to admit, my biggest pet peeve is people who call the manufacturer for something that is clearly a service privider issue ... ie setting up any part of their voicemail, plan rates ... etc
mrraincoat

Jun 2, 2006, 9:24 AM
Extension.

1. Babies

2. Old people

3. Old people with babies

4. People who lock every application on their phone to "Keep the NSA out". No, I'm not kidding, I heard that yesterday.

5. People who can't figure out how to turn on most Motorola GSM phones. (apparently having to press and hold the power for 5 seconds is asking too much)
Septhian

Jun 2, 2006, 9:56 AM
How about those used to using the end key for power, and come in claiming there phone is broken...
The Nokia model they are using has the power button on the top!

8 times and counting.
KrazyJoe

Jun 2, 2006, 9:58 AM
Or the people that use the end button to turn off the phone and can't figure out that you use the same button to turn it back on. I get this way too often. They figure end turns it off so send must turn it on.
Septhian

Jun 2, 2006, 10:02 AM
No one gets the binary symbolizm 0/1?
KrazyJoe

Jun 2, 2006, 10:05 AM
No. Nobody can comprehend that even though it's been a fairly universal power symbol for quite a long time.
mrraincoat

Jun 2, 2006, 10:55 AM
You just went way over the average customers head just by USING the word "Binary".
Septhian

Jun 2, 2006, 12:06 PM
I went to school for a couple years for the computer thing, I find it difficult to "dummy down" the language, when the proper terms are so much easier to comprehend.

I have spent an hour and a half explaining memory to a customer, well beyond the actual phone use. I reach my break point and they kept asking questions as long as I had an answer. --This ain't CompUSA, buddy.--
CorMor

Jun 8, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yes well apparently its too much to read the user manual. 🙄
CorMor

Jun 4, 2006, 5:09 PM
I had someone come in to ask if the government was listening to his calls because of the new voicemail icon. I admit it looks like a little recording symbol but c-mon!
cingcing

Jun 4, 2006, 5:26 PM
No, that only shows up when they activate the tiny camerans in the phone. 👀
OhSoKorny

Jun 2, 2006, 11:38 AM
Mine is when you try to set up a customer with service and they don't know how many minutes they want, what kind of calls they may make, who they might make them too...

... all they answer is, "Get me yer best deal."

Oookay. The 99.99 plan it is!
Nikoletta

Jun 2, 2006, 12:10 PM
"I use a lot of minutes, I'm a big talker."

"Alright, how about the fifteen hundred minute plan for 59.99 a month?"

"That's way too much, I want the 39.99 plan."

"Alright, that one has six hundred minutes."

"That's not enough minutes."

"Ok, we have 49.99 for a thousand minutes"

"That costs too much, I want the 39.99 plan."

"Well that only has 600 minutes."

"I need more minutes than that."

Make up your mind?
craptacularwireless

Jun 2, 2006, 1:58 PM
That's when you have to strangle them.
krickt

Jun 3, 2006, 1:54 PM
I had a similar conversation with someone today about Nights and Weekends.

Customer: I want those Free Nights and Weekends.

Rep: We don't have Free Nights and Weekends, we have Unlimited Nights and Weekends, and it costs 5.95 to add it to your phone.

Customer: I don't care what it costs, I just want the free nights and weekends.

Rep: Okay, but you will see a 5.95 charge on your bill

Customer: That's fine. As long as I get free nights and weekends.
Cymballistix86

Jun 5, 2006, 8:14 PM
😳 " FREE nights and weekends" and $5.95 works for them?! 🤨 I had to read that twice and it made my head hurt having to process something that stupid. 😕 Wow, I'm sorry. That kind of stupid can really make you start to hate people. You have my sympathy.
krickt

Jun 7, 2006, 1:51 PM
Hating just hurts the hater, most of these people don't care enough about me and my feelings to care if I'm hurt or annoyed, therefore I don't waste much emotion on them.
jazzi275

Jun 3, 2006, 2:10 PM
haha...i know what you mean...whres ur store at? i think i work the same place
Whitehorse

Jun 3, 2006, 4:24 PM
Love it - BTW, I am very impressed with the wit & humor expressed in your screen name!
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 4, 2006, 1:18 PM
mrraincoat said:
Die Hard NASCAR customers who use a number 3 as their background.

You would think people with a racecar number stuck to the back of their window would drive faster but no... they just stay in my way at a whopping 30 miles an hour.
aemsafd

Jun 4, 2006, 1:24 PM
Insert Witty Name Here said:
You would think people with a racecar number stuck to the back of their window would drive faster but no... they just stay in my way at a whopping 30 miles an hour.

An Asian complaining about somebody else driving too slow!

Sorry, witty, I had to point this out!
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 4, 2006, 1:27 PM
Hmpf. You're just mad because I'm not coming over.

Also, I'm half white!! 😡
aemsafd

Jun 4, 2006, 1:35 PM
Insert Witty Name Here said:
Hmpf. You're just mad because I'm not coming over.

Also, I'm half white!! 😡

Which half?

Is it a left and right thing, or is it one of those horizontal splits?
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 4, 2006, 1:36 PM
I'm going with the bottom half. The hair and eyes just look too asian.
Vox Dei

Jun 5, 2006, 10:23 AM
That's a really good reason to be upset 😳
alejandro

Jun 4, 2006, 3:40 PM
yeah, that happens way too often, the Nascar people drive 10-20 miles under the speed limit, probably because they have suspended licenses for DUI's.
MotoJoe22

Jun 4, 2006, 6:48 PM
This is a true statement. I wouldnt be suprised, that out of 10 slow nascar dad drivers, 9 would be driving slow becuase of a suspended license.
Sholyhit

Jun 5, 2006, 12:02 PM
1: People that ask a question and refuse to let you answer, or try to twist your words to fit what they WANT you to say.

2: People who come in with a screwed up phone and act like it's MY fault they dropped their phone in the toilet.

3: People that "refuse" to pay the deductable for insurance. That's how it works. Asking me "what do I have insurance for if I have to pay?" is only going to get a snotty remark like "Well, if you'd like, I can charge you full retail price..."

4: People that think if they cuss and yell at me, it will change the store's policy.

5: People that hang up on me when they don't get the answer they want, then call back and say they just called and talked to someone who said something the exact opposite of wh...
(continues)
alejandro

Jun 5, 2006, 12:30 PM
I would like to add captainplooky to that list
So Cal 1155

Jun 5, 2006, 4:53 PM
OH ! I got one!! Well, I'm in a Corp Sprint Store in Santa Ana, CA. Which for those of you who don't know is like 99.7% Hispanic (Spanish-Speaking Only) Well, the Pet Peeve is when I'm walking in the store and a Customer do the "Hey! Chut! Chut!" and then they SNAP THEIR FINGERS!! Like thats REALLY gonna get us to help them any faster!!! 😡 😡 Man, I wish these ppl had SOME manners!
LIL K

Jun 6, 2006, 4:23 PM
Had a guy requiring a $400 deposit say, "I don't like that amount, what we do to change it?" Well, you could start by paying your crap on time and not hitting on me.
mrraincoat

Jun 6, 2006, 4:46 PM
New 'uns.

1. I had a train-wreck come in today and ask me to fix her phone.

Her face, sense of style, and so many other things needed work, not her phone.

Imagine this, as I couldn't get my camera phone out quick enough, I was too busy trying to not laugh in her face.

A lady, of descent from India. She had the "dot". But not like the rest of 'em. Looked like she took a tube of lipstick and head-butted it. She had on makeup to make her eyebrows look bigger. I SWEAR she used a Magnum 44 Permanent Marker to do it. It was over an inch thick at parts. And she had half a mouthful of chew. Not dip, straight up CHEW. Each fingernail was a different color of vomit.

2. Motorola v.60, 505, 555, 600 chargers. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO SUCK!?

(continues)
KrazyJoe

Jun 6, 2006, 5:01 PM
mrraincoat said:
Looked like she took a tube of lipstick and head-butted it.

That's F'ing hilarious 🤣
mrraincoat

Jun 6, 2006, 5:18 PM
Not as funny as she looked, sadly, I did my best to express the pure concentration that it took to keep from wetting myself when I was trying to help her.

I'm glad that could make you giggle.
KrazyJoe

Jun 6, 2006, 5:21 PM
It didn't make me giggle. It made me burst out laughing.

I'm never going to be able to help an indian customer again after that.
TIERRA226

Jun 7, 2006, 1:12 PM
Mine is when customers ask you to:
Turn the volume up, change their ringtone, entered a number into their contact list, set up their voicemail, etc. Anything they can do if they read the manual.
mrraincoat

Jun 7, 2006, 2:07 PM
Why can't I send text messages?

Don't mess with the service center numbers, the MMS settings, or send 49534585 and then complain about your bill being high, we will turn it off.

Why can't I make calls out, but receive them alright?

Don't set it to line two, and as good dialing habits, always dial the area code. A properly placed fiber cut, or bad pipe can cause some utter hell in a celltelco.

Why am I so stupid?

Stab yourself in the face, you'll find it is filled with nougat and caramel.
Vox Dei

Jun 7, 2006, 3:54 PM
When a dealer tells a customer to call into Care to have one of the dealer fee's waved. Dealer tells the customer that CARE can wave those. GRRRR that makes me mad.
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 4:09 PM
Had a customer yesterday seriously argue with me that the word cellular is cingular...there was a sign right in front of her that said cellular and with her finger, like a first grader reading a book, sounded it out as cingular....WHAT THE F***!? 👀
Vox Dei

Jun 7, 2006, 4:12 PM
'cell' Now ok what's this say?

'u' and this?

'lar' and this part?

Goooood
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 4:31 PM
🤣 exactly
liquifiedgr00ve

Jun 9, 2006, 11:21 AM
i would have held out a sign with cingular on it and made her pronounce that.
krickt

Jun 7, 2006, 4:14 PM
Just wait.. That problem will be resolved when AT&T/SWB finishes the name change and finishes the buy out of Cingular. Then hopefully that problem will go away. I had a customer on Monday tell me that Cingular was part owner of every company that used the word Cellular in their name using the same skills as your customer.
Vox Dei

Jun 7, 2006, 4:17 PM
Cingular doesn't even own itself 😳 .
krickt

Jun 7, 2006, 4:17 PM
I know this.
Vox Dei

Jun 7, 2006, 4:19 PM
I know. I was talking to your customer...I do that sometimes in the forums. I should quote that when i do it.
krickt

Jun 7, 2006, 4:34 PM
doubtful, but it was cute!
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 4:32 PM
🤣 🤣 lmao
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 4:38 PM
I like it when they confuse cingular with singulair allergy med too...or maybe just that the majority of people that come in can't even say the word cellular...it's just celyer to them...you know, like "I got me one uh dem celyer phones an' i was down by coon holler and dropped the dern thing in the crick. Why ain't it werkin'?" 👀
krickt

Jun 7, 2006, 4:44 PM
I haven't had that one yet! My favorite one was: "I dropped in the hog pen, the hog chewed on it and I had to pull it out of his mouth, it rang once but now I can't (pronounced Caint) hear nothing on it! I'm so laughing that someone else on the planet has the same customers I have!
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 4:47 PM
🤣 It is almost daily here. It's a wonder some of these people even passed credit to begin with. They must buy some of their cattle on credit or something.
krickt

Jun 8, 2006, 10:26 AM
They do! And they have more money than they know what to do with! But the red neck runs deep in these here parts!
Vox Dei

Jun 8, 2006, 10:55 AM
Farmers come with bucketloads of credit. When you have millions of dollars worth of land they will throw money at you hand over fist.
computerking

Jun 7, 2006, 5:14 PM
EBONICS, errrr, speak English

Women keeping stuff in there bra, please get a purse, I don't want to touch your breast sweat.
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 5:17 PM
ewwww...you said breast sweat...lol we had a customer that jogged with her phone in her sports bra and over time damaged the phone with too much sweat...(if there was a puking smiley I would place it here) 🤣
computerking

Jun 7, 2006, 5:23 PM
Hehehe, my boss had a customer bring in a Kyocera KX414 because of charging problems. She explained to him that the only way the battery will take a charge is if she LICKS the contacts on both battery and phone. I opened up the phone later and there was spit all over inside.
GTO_chick

Jun 7, 2006, 5:45 PM
🤣 Once again, I wish we had a barfing smiley...that is sick
Vox Dei

Jun 8, 2006, 10:13 AM
Ugh. sounds like the battery was leaking and corroding the contacts...that can't be good for her. Either that or her licking was corroding the contacts so she was just compounding the problem 😳
Nikoletta

Jun 7, 2006, 7:03 PM
Speakerphones... people calling in on their stupid speakerphone and then wandering around their house, so they fade in and out.

I know this one came before but... EUBONICS. I hate with a passion people who seem incapable of speaking the language despite being BORN HERE! "What you mean?" Is NOT a sentence, it's just lazy.
Vox Dei

Jun 8, 2006, 10:09 AM
Mmm...I don't really have that problem here. We get thick accents but that's not really a problem. Most people if they have me on speaker will take me off as soon as i get on the line.
MargeInovera

Jun 9, 2006, 8:13 AM
Customers who insist they purchased their phone from us. We have had the same Kiosk in the same place Selling the same brand for 10 years. I had a customer who insisted she purchased her phone from us, in fact, from ME just 6 months ago. "IT WAS RIGHT HERE! AND YOU SOLD IT TO ME!" I checked her phone. We sell Cingular. She had a U.S. Cellular phone. I must have switched companies and didn't know it.
krickt

Jun 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
I just had the same thing happen! Customer(on the phone) wants me to fix his phone he got 2 or 3 years ago. I ask him to take the battery off and tell me what the make and model is, and he tells me LG 5200. That's a current Verizon phone, maybe Alltel. But USCC has never had that phone! I tell him that it can't be our phone, but if he'll bring it in, I'll look at it to see what's wrong with it. He said that he wouldn't do that again, because last time he did, we said we didn't sell that kind of phone, and wouldn't work on it. Even though he swears we used to sell a different company last month, the phone he has now is with us. We have been on this corner for 9 years and the only carrier we have ever had was USCC (7 years). Geez, peo...
(continues)
LIL K

Jun 9, 2006, 11:40 AM
Had a customer come in last night right before we close, wanting to exchange his phone that has over 12 hours of use on it. Says it drops calls ALL the time, at least 10 a day. Called data tech and they said out of 532 calls, it dropped 5. so I did a FRU cuz he insisted that the phone sucked. I dunno...the lying customer will never cease to amaze me. 🤣
cingcing

Jun 22, 2006, 1:13 PM

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.