Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

NOW!

Nikoletta

May 16, 2006, 8:11 PM
Customer had been transfered from Care, why I'm not sure, the Care rep must have been an idiot, I don't know. She needed to replace a lost/stolen/runoverwithacar phone. She needed to do a handset upgrade through Care. Sometimes I want to bludgeon our Care reps, really I do. Every single cold transfer.

She was PISSED because the clever little tool who transfered her to me told her I could sell her a new phone... which I can't. At least not at a discount. I was trying to be nice and explain that I could conference her over to Care and I would speak with Care and let them know what was going on so she didn't get bounced around again but I'd like to give her their direct number in case we got cut off. She got snarly because I couldn't ...
(continues)
Mid_Isle

May 16, 2006, 9:00 PM
If it's any consolation, I've had interactions with Dippy the Wonder Rep today too Nikki
Vote_4_Pedro

May 17, 2006, 9:29 AM
there must be a lot of Dippys out there, cuz i think i spoke with one too...
Sholyhit

May 17, 2006, 7:19 PM
I had an incident a while back. A couple of gentlemen came back 7 days after their purchase to return their prepaid phone because even though they were told it was .50/min to call mexico by the rep who sold them the phone, they didn't believe him. They were told they would be refunded the price of the phone and their unused minutes. They said ok and left happy. About 20 minutes later, my associate got a phone call from USCC customer service (again, we are an agent) telling him that the gentlemen want to come back and get the phones again. When we return a phone, it has to be sent back tot he warehouse, and we can't resell it, so we can't un-return it. It was 9:12 when he got the call, and we close at 9:00. He was in the middle of closing and...
(continues)
ESmurf

May 18, 2006, 10:39 AM
Wow. Sure I'm glad on this side of our company - My carrier has never done anything remotely like that to any of us... I'm sure they have had stupid reps do stupid things but about 97% of the CS personnel I talk to is SUPER helpful - and when they hear I'm staying passed close they are even a bit faster and more apologetic.
Don.Mike

May 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
verizon has never told me to do things i can't. they call and ask if i can do something and i say yes or no and they let it go. like when a customer cancels in the first 15 days, but can't return the phone to us because it's been used for too many minutes. verizon will waive the activation fee and ETF but we still charge $250 if they cancel in the first 6 months. sometimes the rep is confused, but they don't argue, they just have the customer call me so i can explain it to them.
krickt

May 18, 2006, 11:26 AM
Usually, when the USCC reps call and ask us to do something that I can't, and won't take no for answer. I tell them to call my AAE. Especially if it's going to cost me money. The CS reps often try to fix things in a way that won't get them in trouble. They don't really care if it costs me money as long as the customer gets off the phone. They know they are in trouble if they have to call an agent to fix something. I personally believe that they do that to get the customer's problem fixed in such a way that doesn't cost a retail or the call center anything, and they are hoping that I fall for it. Just be quiet, say no gently and go on. They can't force you to do anything that costs money without your permission.
k
krickt

May 18, 2006, 11:19 AM
As an agent, they can't tell you to keep your store open. And they know it. Somebody was on a power trip. They can't get you fired either. You don't work for USCC, you work for your agency.
guido1869

May 20, 2006, 2:24 PM
i always transfered those people to the spanish line

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.