Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I'm sorry. it's stolen.

Sholyhit

May 16, 2006, 6:04 PM
Customer calls. She "found a phone at her friend's house". Wants to activate it. I tell her, sure. Bring it in and I can check the serial number, and as long as there are no flags on it for being lost, stolen, in for repair, etc... I can activate it. She brings it in and I run the ESN. Came back stolen. I told her I had to hold the phone and we would contact the owner as the phone has been reported as stolen. She says, "This phone aint stolen. I told you I found it at my friend's house!" I tried to explain to her that the person who originally bought the phone and has it on their account has reported that the phone was stolen, and since they bought the phone, it is rightfully theirs, and we have to return it to them. She told me if I didn't ...
(continues)
Jennyboo

May 16, 2006, 6:24 PM
We had a similar situation about a year ago with a customer. It wasn't me helping them, but the girl desk that was is right next to mine. We ended up calling the cops on our customer because they threw the stolen phone at the rep. People can be so stupid sometimes, I mean come on...the phone was reported stolen.
aemsafd

May 16, 2006, 6:35 PM
Sholyhit said:
I'm sorry. it's stolen.

You're not sorry. ๐Ÿคจ
Mid_Isle

May 16, 2006, 8:26 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

I have to say it

And I never mean it
ESmurf

May 17, 2006, 11:23 AM
I had one poor customer who bought a Razr off ebay ( ๐Ÿ™„ ) for over $200.00 brought it to me to activate on his current account. I did the ESN change and phone book transfer and everything. Sold him a bunch of accessories... the phone just wouldn't receive a call. Finally I call CS and ask them if they need to fix something in the switch or something. After A LOT of being on hold and "try this The CS rep comes back and tells me the poor guy bought a lost or stolen phone. She looks it up to see what the deal was, lost - stolen - from a store - from a customer... what was going on. Unfortunately it wasn't in the system as activated which either means it was outside her region or it was stolen from a store. (we think it was outside the regio...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

May 17, 2006, 12:50 PM
I love being a tech. As soon as my drawer's done, fru's counted and phones plugged in, there could be an HOUR of customers left (or in one case 1:45 after closing) I grab my stuff and go.

note: VZW Techs are subcontracted. We're under no obligation to stay after hours whatsoever. we do, for the most part If there's tech (obvious), or accessories/data to grab but for the better part we'll wait for the reps to unlock the door and book it.
alejandro

May 17, 2006, 1:45 PM
I had a customer who came in with a verizon e815 that wanted to activate it with us because he said someone stole his phone and the lost and found people where he was gave him this phone because it has been there for too long. (The last incoming call was the afternoon of the day before) and i told him i would have to keep it... this was a month ago and verizon still refuses to help me get this phone to the dude. he only speaks spanish and the mexicans that work in the mall can't get him to understand where we are. (closest verizon agent is 30 miles away). And verizon wont tell me his address or an address where i can send it.
xIsamuTM

May 17, 2006, 4:13 PM
OMG you still have that phone in your possession? Can I have it? please. I want a 2nd one to charge a battery in.
alejandro

May 17, 2006, 4:18 PM
no, be useful and give me the closest verizon corporate store to 25427
granteezie

May 17, 2006, 4:22 PM
Winchester - Store (26 miles)
2021 S Pleasant Valley Rd
Winchester, VA. 22601
(540) 723-0163
xIsamuTM

May 17, 2006, 4:26 PM
damn, beat me to it!
alejandro

May 17, 2006, 4:35 PM
that is a corporate location, i wouldnt trust an agent with a E815

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.