May 10, 2006, 5:36 PM
Increasing Data sales..

What do you do to keep data sales up??
lilhntr

May 10, 2006, 6:00 PM
I give a free car charger or case!
Sholyhit

May 10, 2006, 6:04 PM
US Cellular gives an extra $20 back in the mail-in rebate for the phone, and we also give them a discount on a car charger/leather case combo of $15.
krickt

May 10, 2006, 7:32 PM
Data sales in rural areas where we sell to lots of 50+ yo people is almost non existant. Parents hate it, kids love it. We let them shop on our store phone, then buy it on their own phone. That gets us a few sales, and helps kids show their parents a little responsibility. We have lots of parents that fall for that one, then they get hit with a $200 data bill! We don't get many repeat customers with that experience!
Atavist Arise

May 11, 2006, 12:54 PM
Cingular video helps, but i see a few charge backs from it, because it loses it's novelty with alot of people, and they get buyers remorse about it.

i also explain that downloading tones from the phone is instant, whereas over the computer, it takes a while (some of mine take 3 days!)

a good way to increase data is through media [packages, selling text/pics/internet packages are a little easier.
SprintBGN

May 11, 2006, 1:05 PM
we just add it and tell them that we have to...cancel it later
Atavist Arise

May 11, 2006, 1:30 PM
i hope you guys do free for 30 days...
strigel

May 11, 2006, 1:47 PM
wow that's shady! You must work for the mobile solution
krickt

May 11, 2006, 4:09 PM
Amen! But to be fair I have had a few Cingy and Ver. customers that are porting that have had the same thing said to them.
KrazyJoe

May 11, 2006, 1:22 PM
Being a VZW rep I give the customer VCast with every VCast enabled phone since it's free for the first month. However, I don't send them off on their own, I keep track of them and call them in 28 days to see if they want to keep it or not. If not, they don't get charged for it, if they do... good for them. Either way, I get paid on it and it generates customer loyalty.
brentgodwin

May 11, 2006, 1:50 PM
You don't get charged back if they disconnect it within 6 months???
KrazyJoe

May 11, 2006, 1:51 PM
I haven't yet. And normally I get a call if there is.
ESmurf

May 11, 2006, 1:57 PM
I don't get a charge back if they discontinue a data feature - only if they return their equipment.
brentgodwin

May 11, 2006, 1:59 PM
Our company charges us back if the customer doesn't keep the data plan for six months..just like a new phone upgrade or activation...

That is what bothers me about adding the free junk...Yea the numbers are fine but I know somewhere I am going to lose my commission because of the disconnect..
ESmurf

May 11, 2006, 2:02 PM
😕 Sorry. That really sucks. What co.is that?
Vox Dei

May 11, 2006, 2:21 PM
That's probably because of unethical sales people taking advantage of the one or two month features. I know when i was working with AWS we had that problem. Dealers would put on the free features and not tell anyone and then two or three months later when they get a bill that charges them for this feature they call care to have it credited back. Wastes time and money.
crxtreme89

May 11, 2006, 2:38 PM
Vox Dei said:
That's probably because of unethical sales people taking advantage of the one or two month features. I know when i was working with AWS we had that problem. Dealers would put on the free features and not tell anyone and then two or three months later when they get a bill that charges them for this feature they call care to have it credited back. Wastes time and money.

It's not unethical when you tell your customers about it.

My pitch:

You get the phone for this price if you add a least 1 feature, Text messaging, Vcast, ringback tones etc... Which one do you think you will use?"

Or:

How many pictures will you be sending to your friends a day?

Or:

If you add a $10.00 fea...
(continues)
ESmurf

May 11, 2006, 2:45 PM
I do the Jedi one - works EVERY time. But I've been training my force persuade for YEARS...
Vox Dei

May 11, 2006, 4:57 PM
As long as you tell them that's good. That's why i specified those reps who DONT tell the customers. Then Care gets the call of an angry customer who now has this charge we are 'illegaly' charging them.
norollovermin

May 11, 2006, 11:32 PM
I put V-cast on all vx3300s!!!
guido1869

May 13, 2006, 5:45 PM
I put vcast on every capable phone a nd tell the cust that it comes with the phone and they have to cancel it after 30 days.
Also i bunde the text and rbk tones together and sell them as a 5.99 or 10.99 package that usually works too. Sometimes i quote the price of the phone as 30 or 40 dollars higher than i can sell it for and tell them that if the get a 5.99 data package for one month then i'll reduce the price of the phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.