Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

My phone says someone elses name.

Cigee

Apr 15, 2006, 4:31 PM
So I had this customer who is a regular....a regular a**hole. He is this big white trash dude who is always rude and talks down to the girls in here. So today he came in because AIM wouldn't work on his 6101. I know that there is a known isse and that if it wont work, something is internally wrong with the phone and he needs to do a warranty exchange. So I begin to tell him this and he keeps butting in and tell me I don't know what I am talking about. He says the phone used to be prepaid but now it is regular service and thats why it doesn't work. The phone got confused. Um.....no. His phone is on a regular account, he has internet access and something is obviously wrong with the phone. So I call customer care so they will tell him t...
(continues)
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 4:53 PM
Sorry I am newbish. What is "msisdn"? Sounds interesting.
Cigee

Apr 15, 2006, 4:58 PM
Its cell phone talk for phone number. So his cell phone number is his MSISDN. Just like his serial number is his IMEI.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 15, 2006, 5:19 PM
Known to CDMA people as, respectively, MDN (MSN), and ISDN (MSID).
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:22 PM
OH, okay. I understand now. (I am a CDMA guy) Thank you for the translation.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 15, 2006, 5:29 PM
NP 🙂 Thought that was the case
vmc5555

Apr 15, 2006, 5:20 PM
Hahaha...that shows him. 😛 I don't get how that a** can tell you you don't know what you're talking about and then say something stupid like that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.