Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 105 replies

Why Texas rules

Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 5:25 PM
I AM A TRUE TEXAN!!!!!

-I can say ya'll ad people think I'm cute for it.

-Everthing is bigger in Texas

-Texas is proud of who they are. I am proud to be a Texan!

-My state is bigger than yours.

-We have the right to bear arms and bear arms we do.

-We can't spit and hit the state right next to us.

-We believe in friendliness.

-The cutest girls (and guys) come from Texas....it's proven somewhere I think. 😉

-Most of us don't ride our cattle to work.

-Sometimes you can wear shorts in the middle of December and a jacket in the middle of June.

-Majority rules....drive a truck!
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 5:35 PM
Cigee said:
-The cutest girls (and guys) come from Texas....it's proven somewhere I think. 😉

I'd say that's proven just by your av! 😉
Cigee said:
-Majority rules....drive a truck!

I DO! AN AWESOME TRUCK!
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 5:36 PM
I hate trucks, and I lived in Texas for 16 years.
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 5:37 PM
🤭 yep.....so blushing...hahaha.
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 5:38 PM
So what kind or truck do you drive?
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 5:53 PM
Oh....I don't have one. ☚ī¸ I can't afford the gas. 😕 But I respect the peeps who do!
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 5:57 PM
How can you say that the majority of Texans drive a truck, and then not stand by your comment? If aren't willing to drive a vehicle that gets 13 miles to the gallon, than the terrorists have already won!

I've got a '99 F-150 with about two grand worth of "modifications" that I'm quite proud of.
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 7:04 PM
Nice! Haha...I said the majority of Texans, not all.

The majority of Texans are hispanic (almost) So there is my majority offering...Im a halfie!
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 7:11 PM
I would be a closet Mexican.
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:00 PM
Hm.... The hispanic ones are the best... That statement applies on so many levels.
uscingulair

Apr 13, 2006, 4:49 PM
you forgot in So. TX yall got roaches the size of VW beetles. I was in Galviston and shot one with an ar-15 and blew half of it away and the other half tried to run
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:01 PM
Hahahahahaha. Nice name.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 5:39 PM
you are a half mexican born in america, you are an american.

yall is annoying

yeah, the people are certainly bigger

Tesas is far from friendly, it is a state i wouldnt be caught dead in.
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 5:43 PM
alejandro said:
Tesas is far from friendly, it is a state i wouldnt be caught dead in.

What does it matter if your caught dead or caught alive.

Texas will still execute you, no matter what your IQ is!
Mid_Isle

Apr 8, 2006, 6:58 PM
Sure, unless of course you're the worst serial killer in American history, in which case you'll be the only person dub-ya ever spared the death sentence 🙄
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 5:52 PM
😛 Hahaha....why you gosta bring my heritage up, yo?

Texas rocks and yall is not annoying, it is a word. Im sure there are words you say where you a re from that are silly sounding to other states but that doesn't make them annoying. I'm a Texan because I was born in Texas. Californians...born in Cali. Of course I am American...thats a given by my state. 😉

What Texan fondled you in an innapropriate way to make you "not get caught dead" here? I'll shoot him, I can do that here.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 5:57 PM
It's just perception, I would rather go to alabama or arkansas than texas. maybe even mississippi, but that is a close call.
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 6:04 PM
Oh yeah....big fan of incest, huh? We frown on that here. Haha...j/k. You still haven't answered the question. Why not Texas?
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 6:49 PM
although its mostly mexican now it is still known for guns and their primary use in killing blacks, jews and mexicans. i dont feel like making the trip out to test the new environment, although to be fair lately they have just been finding other methods of killing people, like dragging from one of those famous trucks and such.
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 6:52 PM
I thought that was Montana that did the truck-dragging thing.

alejandro said:
it is still known for guns and their primary use in killing blacks, jews and mexicans. i dont feel like making the trip out to test the new environment,

Are you a black Jewish Mexican?
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 7:03 PM
MDC which was an old punk band did a really great cover of "deep in the heart of texas" or whatever that song is called.
aemsafd

Apr 8, 2006, 7:12 PM
Old punk band? Are there many punk bands with 70 year old dudes rocking out?
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:06 PM
LOL! đŸ¤Ŗ
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 7:16 PM
Hahahha...maybe back in 1933. I believe that arkansas has a bit of a problem with the KKK there. Actually I know it...my best friend lives there. Yes there are hate crimes that are unfortunate but they happen al over the world. We get picked on a bit do to our lovely president and his origin. I live in Austin. We love everyone here.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 7:34 PM
our president is from new hampshire
guido1869

Apr 9, 2006, 11:48 AM
the guy was drug because he screwed somebody over on a drug deal not because he was black, the fact that he was black in texas made the media turn it into a hate crime when it never was
alejandro

Apr 9, 2006, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry, i did not know you were intimately involved in the situation. I said from the beginning that texas is different now but it still has that reputation, which you just helped to support.
guido1869

Apr 9, 2006, 1:56 PM
alejandro said:
although its mostly mexican now it is still known for guns and their primary use in killing blacks, jews and mexicans... although to be fair lately they have just been finding other methods of killing people, like dragging from one of those famous trucks and such.

comments like that are what keep the stereotypical views going, i'm not intimately involved other than the fact that i live just an hour from where it happened many people assume that this whole area is racist
alejandro

Apr 9, 2006, 2:00 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

Like I said, it is just my perception, she is the one who wanted elaboration of my perception. Like I said it has probably changed, I just dont feel like testing that theory. That incident is just the only thing people can remember, the reputation of the state goes a lot further than that.
guido1869

Apr 9, 2006, 4:55 PM
i know i was just bored and wanted to argue with someone, then got to busy to argue more 😁
Whitehorse

Apr 10, 2006, 2:03 PM
Al, that's a very ignorant statement. Is this ignorance via lack of information or prejudice that you've been told to believe?
alejandro

Apr 10, 2006, 2:17 PM
prejudice, and i am not told to believe it, that is you.
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:04 PM
That is true. I never thought of "yall" as a word. Kind of like people who live in ohio and indiana say "pop" instead of soda. The first time I was in Ohio for the Mopar Nationals it really freaked me out. "Can I get you a pop!??" I was like "WTF?? I'll pop your face!"
captainplooky

Apr 8, 2006, 7:09 PM
Instead of having companies actually reduce pollution, they lobby to have the standards of what is considered pollution reduced. Problem solved as far as the companies are concerned, but no much for the people who have to endure the pollution.

Texas typically ranks:

#1 in the Emission of Ozone Causing Air Pollution Chemicals

#1 in Toxic Chemical releases into the Air

#1 in use of Deep Well Injectors as method of Waste Disposal

#1 in counties listed in top 20 of Emitting Cancer Causing Chemicals

#1 in Total Number of Hazardous Waste Incinerators

#1 in Environmental Justice Title 6 complaints

#1 in production of Cancer causing Benzene & Vinyl Chloride

#1 Largest Sludge Dump in Country

#1 Pollution released by manu...
(continues)
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 7:14 PM
Funny.....the pollution in California completly beats ours. Actually there is no pollution where I live. There is only really pollution in Houston, possibly a bit in Dallas. Where are you from darling? Oh and I'm not sexist but I'm about to get all over yo ass if you don't explain what the hell the point was of adding women and me to the direct polluters of Texas.
captainplooky

Apr 8, 2006, 7:17 PM
You might wanna try doing some research on the facts of the matter before you bring your ill-conceived opinions to the discussion. I did not pull these statistics out of my ass, they are a scary fact of life for Texans and frankly for the country too.

You see, the policy of reducing what is considered pollution to appear to be compliant has made its way to the White House with Bush and his abysmal environmental policies.
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 7:22 PM
My ill conceived opinions? I live here! Seeing as that you purposely went and looked up all the negative things you could about my wonderful state for argument alone, do me a favor and go look your state up and for that matter all of them and list their negative aspects. Bet you will find just as many. Oh and our lack of pollution can be attributed t o a conspirecy?.....of course it can....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA đŸ¤Ŗ
captainplooky

Apr 8, 2006, 7:32 PM
Wow other states also pollute so why bother trying to clean up one of the worst... that would make perfect since to me if I was an imbecile but fortunately, I am not.

Oh and our lack of pollution can be attributed t o a conspirecy?.....of course it can....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA đŸ¤Ŗ

Are you even capable of understanding the words coming out of your mouth?

If nothing else, I think you give a fairly accurate representation of the effects of such pollution on children, thus helping to validate Texas being number 48th to raise children.
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 7:37 PM
Yes we have established Texas has pollution. There not a whole hell of alotof states that have it so yes t probably is one of the worst. California, Chicago, New York, Utah.....shall I go on. There are alot of em. I want to know the bad things about YOUR state. Go look. I cant get over a lack of polluion being a conspirecy..now thats just funny still.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 7:39 PM
why do you let him get to you?
Cigee

Apr 8, 2006, 7:42 PM
I don't. I just like to argue. I'm laughing over here. No worries! 😁
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 7:45 PM
ok, but he feeds on this, you are only making him more powerful.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 14, 2006, 4:36 PM
MOre powerful, man, ya make him sound like some b-flick villain, he's just some tosser that likes to get people riled. You cant make him any more powerful, he's small and insignificant 😁
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:13 PM
I don't see what the big problem is. I think everyone here is okay with adding to polution. The only reason why any of us would be against pollution would be if we were COMPLETELY disgusted with it... If we were completely disgusted with it, then we wouldn't drive cars, we would recycle everything. And I really don't want to hear someone saying they do that. It's kind of weird.
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 6:00 PM
I'm guessing you have a work permit right?

Seriously though, if your not trying to be funny stay in school.
captainplooky

Apr 8, 2006, 7:46 PM

I cant get over a lack of polluion being a conspirecy..now thats just funny still.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you not understand what I had so clearly written?

I said, the policy to combat this pollution in your state and which has made its way to the White House with Bush and his poor EPA oversight is to change the levels of what is and what is not considered pollution and acceptable levels. Surely you can understand that?

Also this is no consipracy, it is fact implemented via policy.

Maybe you should just keep your purty little head out of discussions you have no background with and are unwilling to do the required reading.
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:15 PM
Pooky, it isn't her fault that her state could possibly be considered a high pollutor. I bet if you told us what state you lived in, we could find some crappy facts about your state. Frankly we don't care though
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 5:59 PM
Like I said before:

... please consider how foolish it is to be content with the amount of pollution in your state simply because their is pollution elsewhere. That mentality is of the lowest possible caliber imho.
everman

Apr 16, 2006, 6:17 PM
If I didnt hate you so much plooky, I would agree with you. As it stands now, you are wrong just based off of sheer character.
Cigee still cant spell conspiracy, and she seems to be less intelligent than she thinks.
Having said that, let me say this. CaptainPlouche, keep it above the belt for once.
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 6:20 PM
😁

I kinda feel warm and fuzzy reading that with hint of slanted smile to suggest skulldaggery about.

I find no contentions with your statements other then your crafty wordplay on my name Neverman (touche!) and that I think that other dude has to be a kid.
alejandro

Apr 17, 2006, 1:28 PM
No, never even give him that. He is a creature of despisable evil and is always wrong, morally or intellectually. If you ever see him argue against slavery it should throw into questions the merit of forced servitude.
alejandro

Apr 17, 2006, 1:30 PM
everyone in here looses to plooky because he finds another issue to agree with you upon and you end up on his side later on. If you ever find yourself on plookies side chances are a piece of you died, you should take a shower right away to wash off the filth.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 14, 2006, 4:34 PM
Actually for the size and industrail nature of Chicago, it's air pollution isn't so bad.. the traffic pollutes the air more than it's industry.
😁
craptacularwireless

Apr 15, 2006, 1:06 PM
And Chicago is a city, not a state.😁
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:10 PM
I'm just now reading this thread, so someone might have already stated this, later down the road... Chicago isn't a state.
Mid_Isle

Apr 8, 2006, 7:30 PM
Oh.

Goody.

Plooky's here.
uscingulair

Apr 13, 2006, 5:55 PM
Damn Hippies go buy a hybrid car wrap you're lips around the exhaust and suck...the only pollution I can see right now is what you are typing
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 7:37 PM
los angeles has smog problems, central california has bad air because of all the farming, but other than that california is really the harshest on pollution and environmental regulations.
captainplooky

Apr 8, 2006, 7:47 PM
Dude, your wasting your breath.

It's like arguing an illiterate.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 7:59 PM
be still succubus!
captainplooky

Apr 8, 2006, 8:01 PM
Why won't you love me! đŸ¤Ŗ
Cigee

Apr 10, 2006, 1:39 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ Our lack of pollution is a conspirecy......hahahahaha....I just can't get over it. đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
captainplooky

Apr 10, 2006, 3:44 PM
You really are from Texas. Let me explain it where a child and hopefully even you can understand it.

Suppose that 'naughtysugar' is a pollutant that is produced from Happy Bake Ovens. Normally, you can only produce 100 grains of the sugar in a week before you have to turn the oven off for the week.

Now, instead of reducing the levels of pollution, the Happy Bake Oven Commission decides that 100 grains isn't as bad as they first thought, despite all the contrary evidence. They decide to double the limit to 200 grains of the sugar that can be released in a week.

Now, all the ovens run longer producing anywhere from 100 to 199 grains of naughtysugar a week, but because they are still under the new level, according to the Happy Bak...
(continues)
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 1:44 PM
Do you really think anyone here even cares about what you write.

THIS IS A ****ING PHONE FORUM YOU IDIOT.
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 3:10 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ Check the context.

My message is accurate and thoughtful, perhaps I should Texan it up more for you to understand fully.
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 3:22 PM
As Ron White says, "I am third generation I don't give a ****".

The funny thing is you are too stupid to remember I am not even from Texas. Too many useless urls in your bong infested synapses to remember useful information and social skills.
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 3:25 PM
Funny thing is I never said you were.

Even more funny is that you did in fact choose to move there. I'll need more time to analyze that decision properly, though offhand I'd say considering the level of toxins present there it was a foolish decision.
guido1869

Apr 14, 2006, 3:27 PM
i'm from the most polluted part of texas and i don't think it's that bad, in fact i find that my third arm is quite convienent it's just too hard to find shirts
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 3:33 PM
😛
guido1869

Apr 14, 2006, 3:41 PM
plus the orange glow from the plant near me really makes the night brighter thus reducing the crime rate
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:32 PM
WAHHH hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 1:36 PM
You have got to be the biggest ****ing moron on the face of the earth. You have truly fallen to the level of troll.

Get a life.
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 1:46 PM
Nice taxes you pay there. Nice government that is so ****ed up it is completely run by special interest group and ****s over it's residents on a daily basis.

Why don't you worry about your own little ****ed up state and stop trolling threads and adding your useless information.
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 3:14 PM
Lookie lookie, PollutedTexasWireless decides to join the argument a day late and dollar short once again. I'm sure we shall see future posts of you taking credit for that which you have not done regarding this post like always.

Anyhow, what does CA have to do with anything? Texas is the filthiest and one of if not the most polluted state in the Nation, it only makes sense to begin cleaning it up.

Like I said, but you fail to grasp:

If not that, please consider how foolish it is to be content with the amount of pollution in your state simply because their is pollution elsewhere. That mentality is of the lowest possible caliber imho.

Until then, enjoy the cesspool and blight on the country that is T...
(continues)
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 3:25 PM
So put on your rubber gloves and pick up a trash bag if you care so much about it.

You just don't get it, no one cares what you have to say. You are a windbag.
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 3:30 PM
I hope I can fill the void you feel you need to express within yourself pollutedTxWireless. I find your random comments telling and compelling, but I shall not dwelve into that.

I may be a windbag, but the fact remains Texas is highly polluted and it needs to be changed. I do what I can, but unfortunately the corporate machine, ignorant masses those who turn a blind eye to the situation have more pull then me in the long run.

Oh yeah though I forgot, like you said, it was the choice of all those texans to pollute their state to near uninhabitable levels in some areas.
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 3:33 PM
Ahhhh. So you think badgering some poor kids for killing time about pollution is a worthwhile use of your time and energy when so much more can be done?

You are a worthless waste of carbon.
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 3:37 PM
Texas typically ranks:

#1 in the Emission of Ozone Causing Air Pollution Chemicals

#1 in Toxic Chemical releases into the Air

#1 in use of Deep Well Injectors as method of Waste Disposal

#1 in counties listed in top 20 of Emitting Cancer Causing Chemicals

#1 in Total Number of Hazardous Waste Incinerators

#1 in Environmental Justice Title 6 complaints

#1 in production of Cancer causing Benzene & Vinyl Chloride

#1 Largest Sludge Dump in Country

#1 Pollution released by manufacturing plants

#1 Pollution by industrial plants in violation of Clean Air Act

#48 for Best place to raise children

--------------------------------------------

I think you much more massive concerns then whether or not I am a waste ...
(continues)
guido1869

Apr 14, 2006, 3:40 PM
where exactly did you get these rankings
guido1869

Apr 14, 2006, 4:32 PM
what's wrong plooky, can't find anything to back up your statements
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 4:42 PM
Please, the information is all over the net - all you have to do is look.

The real problem is that despite the information being available, people do not heed it and/or fail to recognize the costs down the line for future generations (which is questionable considering levels of sterility due to environmental pollution increasing (which would not be the first time in history this has happened, reference Romans and lead)).

Anyhow, here you go:

http://www.txpeer.org/Bush/ »

One of the more thorough sites where one can find follow-up and substantiating stories related to both the policy and pollution.

Chew on that awhile and then get back to me Guido.
captainplooky

Apr 14, 2006, 4:43 PM
PEER is a national alliance of state and federal employees working in pollution control, land management and wildlife protection agencies.

PEER works with public agency professionals to promote environmental ethics, sound resource management and government accountability.

PEER's job is to protect employees who protect our environment.
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:39 PM
So basically it's a bunch of environmentalists. They better hope they at LEAST live in Texas. Duh, of course they are going to think Texas is the worst, they live there! It is common human behavior to dislike what you have and want what you don't have! They are environmentalists, which mean they are probably liberal, either way they are going to dislike pretty much anything they have going for them, and they will never be happy with Texas until they move to another state, where it most likely has worse pollution.

Pooky, I have nothing against you, but do try to consider the source.
alejandro

Apr 15, 2006, 7:56 PM
Everything should be against plooky, but if they are "environmentalists" they are relegated to being "liberal" because only "liberals" care about the environment, They are not taking a vendetta against Texas because it is one of the sh*ttiest states to live for "liberals" there are barely any environmentalists with reports about montana and north dakota.
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 6:09 PM
I'm considering the source of your post so I am going to try to be as patient as I can in my reply.

Firstly, you are wrong in your interpretation, and you would realize that if you actually had taken the time to look at the source instead of immediately criticizing it because of your pre-conceived notions. With age, perhaps you will outgrow that nasty habit.

Nextly, you would also realize that these people are actually Federal and state employees who already work for the government doing pollution control. They are qualified to comment on the matter if any is. There is alot more useful information about the organization to be known like for example that they are a national organization - you simply have to read it instead of casting...
(continues)
everman

Apr 16, 2006, 6:23 PM
In a twisted way, I admire plooky's ability to completely rip someones pseudo-intellectual argument apart. He often tries to mix intellect with morality, but when he can keep it smart, he usually tears good.
I still hate him though.
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 7:21 PM
Heh, I still feel bad about some of the things I've said to you at times so I don't blame ya - course I get over it quick but it's the thought that counts 😈

I'm not the creature alejandro makes me out to be but i thoroughlly enjoy his canon.
guido1869

Apr 14, 2006, 5:41 PM
#1 Education > Elementary & Secondary > Prekindergarten Students

#2 Education > Postsecondary > Number Of Institutions > Public

#3 Education > Postsecondary > Degrees Awarded > Total

Last Economy > Total tax burden (per capita)

"Texas is a world leader in medical research and healthcare, home to the world famous Texas Medical Center where more heart transplants are performed than anywhere else in the world."

this is my fav stat though

"Capital Punishment is widely supported in Texas. Over a 27 year period, the state has executed more inmates than the next 5 states combined."

statemaster.com
alejandro

Apr 15, 2006, 12:52 PM
texas is actually ranked 50 in education. I believe your stats look like a 2000 result measuring not even standardized test scores, but their improvements compared with "improvements" of other states. and a study done by exxonmobile no doubt. I would love to see a valid study on it that isnt so old.
guido1869

Apr 15, 2006, 1:34 PM
this said 2005, don't know what criteria they used for the rankings though
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 15, 2006, 5:16 PM
The problem with statistics is 94% of them are made up on the spot. Or was it 93%....? Anyhow, it is awfulyl hard to verify any source on the internet, and yes Texas has a horrible pollution problem.

Dear God, please forgive me for agreeing with plooky, I realise this of course proves I must be wrong in some way.

However, ont he bright side of things, cigee really doesn't care, and I don't live there! So, keep being hot and not caring cigee, and I will keep breathing cleaner air, and everyone is happy!
guido1869

Apr 15, 2006, 5:30 PM
it doewn't bother me either, like i said before, tho glowing from the plant means its always daytime here
kmcfarlin

Apr 15, 2006, 5:43 PM
Yeah, if you don't like Capital punishment, move to Texas and vote against it. I'd rather live in a state that has capital punishment than a state in which criminals get to have better cable than I do. (For anyone who wants to know, I have about 10 channels... not because I can't afford it, but because I don't watch tv much)

The only person who doesn't like capital punishment is a criminal, who has to live with their mistake. If someone commits a crime, they should get punished for it. If anyone feels bad for the criminal, then they are no better than the criminal.
guido1869

Apr 15, 2006, 5:52 PM
i completely agree with capital punishment
aemsafd

Apr 15, 2006, 5:54 PM
Is there really an arguement about capital punishment in our country? Doesn't it say in our Constitution "no person shall be robbed of life, liberty or property without due process..."

Therefore, someone CAN be robbed of life, liberty, and property WITH due process?
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 15, 2006, 5:57 PM
That is the way it reads, but you get these bleeding heart liberals that swear there are innocent men frying in the chair. and blah blah blah.. to make an omelet, occassionally an egg must be broken. I think we should step it up, molestors and rapists should face the chair the day of conviction, no appeal!
đŸ‘ŋ
aemsafd

Apr 15, 2006, 6:00 PM
I take it you haven't read my earlier posts on this subject?
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 6:13 PM
I think you may be underestimating the problem that the judicial system actually faces in regards to innocent men and women being put to death.

The statistics are quite frightening and often aren't on the front page of the media, but the numbers are out there.

Of course, if you are in college or plan to be, or perhaps interested in just a refresher class, I'd encourage you to take a political science class or two that examines the process.
alejandro

Apr 15, 2006, 7:58 PM
I don't really feel like debating capital punishment in the shop talk forum since it doesnt belong here. But i will have to say i disagree with that statement just so that opposition is shown.
texaswireless

Apr 16, 2006, 1:10 PM
But you are willing to debate pollution and all this other crap that hijacked what was supposed to be a "fun" thread?
alejandro

Apr 17, 2006, 10:05 AM
i wasn't debating pollution, I was actually telling cigee to let it go and to ignore plooky (because he feeds on death and negative emotion) but she did not want to because she thought it was fun.
captainplooky

Apr 16, 2006, 6:17 PM

The only person who doesn't like capital punishment is a criminal, who has to live with their mistake...If anyone feels bad for the criminal, then they are no better than the criminal.

You do realize that statements like this exhibit quite clearly to readers that you are most likely very young and regardless of age immature in your thought processes? If not, let this serve as notice.
texaswireless

Apr 14, 2006, 3:40 PM
Captain Pooky Bear

#1 in being the most irrelevant life form on the planet.

Go protest the latest Wal-Mart opening in your area.
alejandro

Apr 15, 2006, 1:03 PM
California is controlled by special interest groups, whether it be LULAC or the prisons unions, whether it be conservative groups in northern california and orange county or liberal groups everywhere else, but it cannot be called a welfare state because of that... Texas is controlled by corporations but nobody calls it a corporate welfare state even though the federal government throws money at it in the hopes that they will open more plants and employ more people...
FONEFRENZY

Apr 16, 2006, 7:56 PM
I HAVE BEEN SILENTLY READING ALL OF THESE LITTLE STATE ARGUMENTS AND WONDERING....

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CELL PHONES??? 🙄
Cigee

Apr 17, 2006, 2:10 PM
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE! This thread has gotten ridiculous in the wrong forum. I apologize for starting it, I can assure ya'll it was an oversight so if you want to continue to defend or codemn Texas lets do it in the lounge.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.