Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

You know what? I don't want you as a customer!

OhSoKorny

Apr 1, 2006, 1:29 PM
Do you ever have a person either call up or walk into your store who you don't know is either kidding with you or just screwing around or dead on serious. I had this woman call in.

Me: Yes, our nights and weekend mins start at 9 and end at 6.

Her: *silent for a moment* Nine? That's crazy!

Me: M'am?

Her: You can't call someone after nine at night! That's being... *whisper* rude!

I honestly had not heard _that_ one before, so the only thing I could think of to say was:

Me: Well, you know, emergencys happen at night. And if you ever need to use the phone-

Her: You expect me to call people at nine at night! That's nine o'clock New York time, right?

Me: Er... no. It's nine O'clock pacific (I take care of the western states...
(continues)
Jenn.

Apr 1, 2006, 2:26 PM
I love that kind of conversation, where the person is just so ridiculous that you're convinced they must be messing with you, because surely no one could be THAT stupid.

Here's one I had this morning:

This guy comes up and wants to know about V-Cast. So I explain to him that it's streaming video to his phone, and he can select from numerous clips and segments, and give him examples such as football game highlights, or segments from this morning's episode of "The Today Show" or news clips from CNN, etc.

Then he asks, "So is it live TV?"

me: "No, it's not live TV...it's previously aired clips and segments."

him: "So it's not live TV?"

me: "Nope, not live TV."

him: "So can I watch like, the BET awards live or anythi...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Apr 1, 2006, 2:28 PM
People like that should be shot.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 2:52 PM
Your Vcast isn't Live TV? *ducks*. Hehe. Our mobile TV is accually live TV (well as live as TV is)
Jenn.

Apr 1, 2006, 2:55 PM
Unfortunately not. I think I could have saved a lot of time today if I could have just told the guy, "Yup, live TV!"
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 3:00 PM
Don't you hate it when morals get in the way of you doing your job?
Jenn.

Apr 1, 2006, 3:28 PM
Stupid morals.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 3:32 PM
Although I witnessed a great thing from a VZW rep. I was helping my buddy buy a phone, and he just put a $10 messaging feature on the account. Didn't ask or tell the customer about it, just finalized it and asked him to sign the receipt.
ESmurf

Apr 1, 2006, 3:35 PM
One of our VZW reps told me how to trick people into asking for a txt plan. I've never tried it though. I feel slimy doing stuff like that. My numbers are good enough for me to not trick my customers.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 3:40 PM
Whats the trick? If the customer asks about it, that doesn't really seem wrong.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 3:43 PM
Ya. As long as they understand that their going to be charged for it and what it does then how you (ask/tell) it to them doesn't sound like tricking.
crxtreme89

Apr 2, 2006, 5:27 PM
aemsafd said:
Although I witnessed a great thing from a VZW rep. I was helping my buddy buy a phone, and he just put a $10 messaging feature on the account. Didn't ask or tell the customer about it, just finalized it and asked him to sign the receipt.

Priceless....... Can't say I haven't done that before. Although it is just as easy to tell the customer that since they are doing a 2 year contract, they "have" to add a $10 Unlimited IN Text feature for at least 30 days.
guido1869

Apr 3, 2006, 12:55 PM
if you do that you might as well tell them that it is a 10.99 package and give them ringback tones too
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 3:03 PM
Ya i got to see our live TV and it was alot better than i expected it on our EV-DO network. I was expecting it to be grainy and hard to see but it was really clear. It jumped a couple times while i was watching the Tech TV (ya i know i'm a geek but then again i work with cell phones so what do you expect).
digitaldog

Apr 3, 2006, 12:50 PM
At that point I would have said, "well it's obvious your disability is from the neck up". You showed great restraint. 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.