Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Old people

silentscream

Mar 10, 2006, 5:11 PM
Old people make me laugh. I just had a man come in for me to explain how to get to his phonebook. Simple. I showed him, he got it. And he said, "Yeah, I'm dumb, I'm sorry." Ofcourse, I just replied, "Oh it's no problem, have a good day."

Then he pulled on the push door...
GWFOX

Mar 10, 2006, 6:29 PM
Here is one for you.

Had a customer come into the store today. Walked in through the propped open door. It must be 70 degrees today. It's glorious out! Sun is shining, people are in a good mood and are buying product!

So this customer walkes to one of my employees and sits down at her desk. They chat for a few minutes and gets her questions answered. The customer gets up and walks into the window, smacking their head.

/me waits for laughter to end

See we have 3 BIG plate glass windows in the front of the store. They have signs and stuff... and the door is to the right of my desk.. so yeah.. Mind you this customer is an old person.... I was in mid presentation when I heard the customer hit. Faceprint and all.

'So yes this phone...
(continues)
silentscream

Mar 10, 2006, 7:11 PM
that's awesome.
alejandro

Mar 11, 2006, 5:07 PM
/join #phonescoop
/join #forum
/join #shop_talk
/slap gwfox
/me thinks you are a dork
/slap gwfox
/ctcp gwfox ping
/ctcp gwfox page
/quit
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 5:37 PM
😳
It's true, the yellow bellied irc geek is not extinct! This is a scientific marvel.
alejandro

Mar 11, 2006, 5:39 PM
i have not been on irc for quite some time but i knew /me enough to know that gwfox was a dork.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 5:42 PM
What you didn't get my response to that one? LOL.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 5:41 PM
I actually have to post a correction here... As much as I like picking on Alejandro on most occassions,.. my last post was aimed at GWFox. Albeit Alejandro DID respond in kind, and with enough acumen to prove he's spanked it to some 40 yr old guy posing as a girl on irc one too many times.
alejandro

Mar 11, 2006, 5:54 PM
no, like on phonescoop i have never hit on girls on irc, i was just an operator in a couple of music channels.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 6:15 PM
Oh. So... yer gay? Not that that's a problem, I'm a modern guy, yanno, I have plenty of gay friends. IN PRISON.
alejandro

Mar 11, 2006, 6:18 PM
no, i have no sexual appetite for words, and i, unlike you like real girls, instead of trying to hit on them on the internet.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 6:26 PM
Well,... yes and no.. I flirt everywhere. But, I do like real women.. my blow up ones keep springing leaks.
☹️
alejandro

Mar 11, 2006, 6:29 PM
springing leaks? ever to check and make sure you didnt buy a male?
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 6:42 PM
Well, not that it's any of your business, but I have only ever slept with a guy once, and to my defense I thought he was a girl upon entry!
😲
poppavolk

Mar 10, 2006, 9:35 PM
I used to work at a store that was on a busy corner of the mall, and also had huge plate glass on most of the wall. There were 'doors' on two sides of the store, and people used to cut through all the time. Which, of course, pissed us off 👿

One day this kid (maybe 7 years old?) starts to cut through, and his mom tells him not to. The kid, realizing he is headed for a butt-chewing, tries to leave the store without cutting through.

Trouble is, he heads for the corner, which also has a huge plate of glass. Totally smacks his forehead on the glass. It echoed.

The kid, holding his head, walks out to his mom, who is now outside the other 'door'. And does she comfort her wounded, embarrassed kid? Nope-she looked at him and sai...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

Mar 10, 2006, 11:15 PM
yes! darwinism in action! That mother deserves an award!! That child learned at age seven what many don't until they reach adulthood (if then)

Stupidity is painful.
spum

Mar 10, 2006, 9:38 PM
I love working with old people. 90% of them are really nice and patient and put up with your stupid jokes. It sucks when they start telling you stories though...
xIsamuTM

Mar 10, 2006, 11:29 PM
I like old people stories. We had a greeter that was in his 60's-70's. He'd tell these long winded yarns about having worked in the fish industry in seattle, or how he had spent several years in "the service" and all these other things. It was like any conversation we had in store, he could come up with something that kinda related to it, and took up about 20 minutes in hearing it. Now mind you, our store is really dead execpt for the morning, lunch, and after 6 rushes, so he has time for a full story between customers. Old people rule when you're baked out of your mind. Think about Garrison Keillor, he can hypnotize me with his stories. Thems good listening

this post brought to you by Powder Milk biscuits: Buy them read...
(continues)
spum

Mar 11, 2006, 5:02 PM
Old people stories are entertaining as long as they're not taking up your time while you could be making money. Maybe that's a better way of saying it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.