Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Any Tmo direct retail managers/reps on here?

mark0000

Mar 8, 2006, 11:17 AM
I'm fed up with indirect. I'm good at what I do, incredibly knowledgeable and don't act like a jerk as some indirects do. I'm probably just going to apply for a in store sales position. I recently applied for another (non-cellular) position but HAD to apply online. I hate applying online because I feel I have zero control over the process and the follow-up. Are T-Mobile managers able to hire in person without filtering through the website or am I doomed to using fetch?

That's it. Thanks guys.
black_burry

Mar 8, 2006, 12:25 PM
Im currently working for a indirect tmo dealer, but i recently got got hired though at a direct tmo downstairs from work i work thought, my best advice for you, even though fetch does work, get your best dressed, grab a few resumes and stop by the local direct dealer, talk to the manager, ask him if hes hiring, thats what happened to me, i went to pay my bill, started chating with the manager and got a interview. just be posistive and good luck.
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 12:42 PM
What's so wrong with indirect?
mark0000

Mar 8, 2006, 12:47 PM
Insert Witty Name Here said:
What's so wrong with indirect?

In general: nothing. Specific to my job: everything.

We're horribly understaffed (actually changing store hours because of it) and despite vetting and recommending multiple candidates, my superiors won't hire anyone. Sales are slumping because the company isn't adjusting to the market. My pay and advancement stalled despite promises of otherwise. I've been here just over a year and can actually list responsibilities that I have had to take on, yet pay is not scaled appropriately. I'm not angry, just...done. It's time to go.
black_burry

Mar 8, 2006, 1:00 PM
i dislike working for my indirect dealer right now, theres currently 5 of use staffed, including 1 manager and 1 asst manager, and the asst magaer is leavin next week for 2 weeks, we work in the biggset mall in nj, and what my manager ask of us is ludacris, he expects us to get people to drop theyre carrir, pay there EFT and so forth when its just down right impossible(sometimes youll get a rare occasion), then my manager is down right dishonest, he tells people if they come to our carrier they wont have to pay EFTs and activation fees and so forth, im just glad i was able to get out of there before tho whole kiosk is shut down
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 1:10 PM
black_burry said:
he tells people if they come to our carrier they wont have to pay EFTs and activation fees and so forth,

Whoa. That's just wrong.
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 4:35 PM
black_burry said: mall in nj, and what my manager ask of us is ludacris, he expects us

hey, i'm just being silly here, but isn't ludacris a rapper? i think it's ludicrous.
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 1:08 PM
If you don't mind, could you tell me what is your pay? Purely, for comparison reasons, please.
mark0000

Mar 8, 2006, 1:33 PM
Insert Witty Name Here said:
If you don't mind, could you tell me what is your pay? Purely, for comparison reasons, please.

ummm, activate the contact option on your account 😕
black_burry

Mar 8, 2006, 1:40 PM
lol i dont care, if to know, ( im still on the indirect dealer pay) $6:15 hourly vs commission

i earn anywhere from $55-65 on new acts. and $15 on upgrades also 25% on accs.
mark0000

Mar 8, 2006, 1:46 PM
black_burry said:
lol i dont care, if to know, ( im still on the indirect dealer pay) $6:15 hourly vs commission

i earn anywhere from $55-65 on new acts. and $15 on upgrades also 25% on accs.

Well, ok. I know I'm gettin hosed. I make $25,500 base salary plus bonus (which is virtually impossible, maybe $1500 all last year). No commission.

If I made black burry's pay, let's see, my average acts per week plus 40 hrs hourly mulitplied by 52 weeks in a year...carry the one...$42,991/yr 😳

Eegads, I'm even more underpaid than I thought.
Willwise

Mar 8, 2006, 1:51 PM
no kidding black burry thats great i'm a store mgr and I only make $6.3 and not near that great on commision maybe 20-30 per new act maybe more if someone goes crazy with features.
black_burry

Mar 8, 2006, 1:57 PM
my fellow cell phone workers, i think you mis understood me, lol, i make

$6.15 OR commission, wich ever comes out higher during our pay cycle is what i make,

but since im going to work downstairs, ima make $10.50, PLUS commission, mawhahah 😈

btw i aver age 1-2 new accts a day,plus a upgrade

( plus im only 18, wich i dont think that pay is too shabby )
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 2:39 PM
Disregard my other post. I should really learn to read everything before responding. 🤣
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 2:45 PM
Here, they pay for 6-day $1500 month, plus commission

commission for t-mobiles are $15 per new activation and $3 for upgrades. After a 6 month review, you could be moved to a different level of commission bumping you up to $18 per activation, upgrades staying the same.

For 5- day schedules, the pay is $1200 per month, however, the commission levels are the same.

Oh, and our hours here are 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. They're are no shorter shifts and you cannot leave early. Also, on Fridays, we have a weekly meeting at 8:30 - we don't receive any extra salary for attending this meeting, however, if we miss it, our salary is deducted.
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 2:41 PM
black_burry said:

So, right now you earn your $6.15 per hour plus the commission you stated?
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 2:38 PM
I can't. Firstly, because I don't want (this is not towards you, so please don't get offended) random guys emailing me silly things and secondly, I have firewalls here at work and the only email I had available to 'click the link and activate account' was my corporate email addy and that is monitored regulary.

Do you think you could fax me? I would even tell you how our indirect employees are paid on a one year status.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.