Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 47 replies

Be careful what you say

screenamesuck

Mar 5, 2006, 5:46 PM
A customer came up to me asking if it was to late for him to get his rebate for his phone. It wasn't so I went to print him out his rebate form. While I waited for our printer to warm up four mexican dudes came walking by. He made some comment like, "I guess they were just to cool for mexico, they look like a bunch of jacka$$'s. In 6 month's i'll probably arrest all of them anyways." While I waited for the form to print it took everything in me to not say something. I flung the paper at him and said "here". He said, "it looks like your not having a good day" I was like, "thats because my wife is mexican, have a good day." I was sooooo close to just hitting him but I didn't. He just walked off. I guess he relized he was the jacka$$ ...
(continues)
CHUNKYLOVER51

Mar 5, 2006, 5:48 PM
you're f*&king awesome, i owe you a beer or shot or whatever creams your twinkie!
captainplooky

Mar 5, 2006, 5:53 PM
Rascist or just fed up with having to deal with illegal and legal immigrants who make no attempt to assimilate into our culture?

Sociologists are warning that the failure of many of our countries newest citizens (legal or not) are not embracing their new culture and country like before.

They warn America is no longer the "melting pot" that it was once regarded as and is becoming more and more stratified.

Regardless of the person you helped, I see it as a real concern.
screenamesuck

Mar 5, 2006, 6:02 PM
Oh man, I just WISH I could see you in person plooky so I can knock you the hell out. I hate people like you. All you people see is the outside of people. It's not that easy to become a legal citizen. You don't just sign a paper and bam your legal. Life in mexico is far from great. You know why Mexico is so poor, it's because their president stole all the money and the way mexico works they can not do anything to him except force him out of the country to never return. Ever since then they have been the way they are now. They come here to try and make a better life for their families. They are no different than you and I. If they could become legal then they would.
ilikecheese

Mar 5, 2006, 6:13 PM
there's a difference between racist and being fed up with people coming from other countries illegally and not even trying though. if they're honestly trying then I have no problem with them what so ever, but if they come to america, and sit here for 6 or 7 years, doing nothing to try to become a legal us citizen, they don't learn out language, and they just sit back on welfare taking our tax dollars from us then I do have a problem with them, weather they're italians, mexicans, germans, africans, sweedes, scotts, whatever. it doesn't matter what they look like on the outside. so I have to say I agree with plooky on this one.
ilikecheese

Mar 5, 2006, 6:20 PM
BUT also, if they're english speaking people (even if they don't speak english to eachother, and it's broken when they do speak it to us) no one should be pulling the race card against them, and to be fair, everyone's ancestors came to this country from somewhere else, so no one really has a right to judge except for the american indians (native americans)
screenamesuck

Mar 5, 2006, 6:46 PM
No, this guy was just flat out racist. We are all human beings. Who cares where you were born. What would you do if you were in their shoes. Wouldn't you do anything and everything you can to provide a better life for your family. If that required you to enter a country without filling out the proper paper work wouldn't you do it? People can say whatever they want until they are acutally in that situation.
captainplooky

Mar 5, 2006, 6:53 PM

What would you do if you were in their shoes. Wouldn't you do anything and everything you can to provide a better life for your family.

If that required you to enter a country without filling out the proper paper work wouldn't you do it?

What you fail to acknowledge though is that while seeking this better life for their family, they actually hurt the chances of people who are already here legally to have the better life for themselves because of the massive drain on resources.

My numbers may be off, but last I heard, everyone who lives in Texas legally pays over $700 a year that to support immigrants.

For a family of 3, that is a lot of money that could have been spent on enriching their liv...
(continues)
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:38 PM
I hate... God knows how I hate, to agree with plooky. But, he's right. Illegal immigrants are a drain on our rescources and take up American employment opportunities.

I personally don't care if they are starving, diseased and being oppressed, if they don't come through legally, they don't need to be here.

I have enough problems of my own, as does the rest of the nation. The last thing we need to deal with is paying for these people to get healthcare, and giving up our jobs so they can send their money back to mexico to support their 12 kids.

I am not racist. I hate every nationality and creed with equal enthusiasm. But, I do believe that Mexican immigrants bring a criminal element into the country.

And if you think they are law a...
(continues)
ilikecheese

Mar 5, 2006, 7:02 PM
I don't have a problem with immigrants, I have a problem with people who come here, and DON'T EVEN TRY to become legal. if you're here 6 or 7 years, you still don't speak english, and you're not doing anything towards getting papers then I have a problem with you, but if you come over here illegally and are truely trying then there's no problem. if you READ my previous post you'll see that I've already said this
screenamesuck

Mar 5, 2006, 8:14 PM
It wasn't directed directly to you, but as a whole for people who think mexicans shouldn't be here. It was more towards plooky and people who think like him. All he knows is things he reads in the papers from people who think just like him. Try falling in love with a mexican and having a family with her and then lets see how you really feel.
captainplooky

Mar 5, 2006, 8:30 PM
It has nothing to do with me having anything against Mexicans or any other nationality.

It has to do with the facts of the matter such as the financial and criminal burdern that people on the local, state, and federal have to deal with among numerous others.

I applaud the fact that you love your wife dearly.
Cigee

Mar 6, 2006, 4:44 PM
Where, Plooky, in that story did he say the mexicans were immigrants? The man was racist. He did not know them, he did not know their background or their heritage. They could have been mexican americans for all you know and you spout off in support of the hater. Therefore, like the guy in the story, you are ignorant. Im mexican (I know I look white, I got a blonde mama) and that dude and you offend me.
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 5:02 PM
will plooky's comming back-tracking change your mind?
Cigee

Mar 6, 2006, 5:03 PM
I'mconmfused. What do you mean? (See...half blonde)
Cigee

Mar 6, 2006, 5:04 PM
Hahaha....I mean I'm confused.
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 5:04 PM
Plooky will respond with back-tracking about what he really meant and what he really thinks, now that someone changed the direction of the argument about him being the racist. I wont buy it, but before he does it, i want to know if you will buy it.
Cigee

Mar 6, 2006, 5:07 PM
Ah hell no! I don't buy anything that tool says because he has no idea what he is talking about. He just reaffirmed what a tool he is. How many quoted sentences will he get out of this one, I wonder?
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 5:10 PM
hes adding the posts to his desktop files as we type this.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:45 PM
Dude, I love Mexican women, they are curvy and dark complected, and these are two of my favorite things..
Add on to that that most of them can cook like demons.. And I'm in heaven.
But your personal life is nto going to sway anyones outlook on illegal immigration, sorry.
And i'm not so fond of burritos that i think everyone who creeps swims or dashes across the border should get a free pass.
lefteyeiu2006

Mar 14, 2006, 1:25 PM
Plus, many people who come here from Mexico work dirt poor jobs and 6 or more of them share residences together so that they can send as much money back to their families in Mexico as possible.

I really feel for them because I know how hard it is just to make a living.
Himself

Mar 6, 2006, 4:16 PM
Just for the record: so called "Native Americans" came over either a land bridge from Siberia or across the frozen sea from Siberia. Evidently before that the continent was uninhabited by humans.

The whole business of "nativeness" is totally irrelevant.
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 5:03 PM
But when the "native americans" crossed the land bridge or "frozen sea", since the land was un-inhabited they did not have the stigma that goes along with slaughtering the current inhabitants. The lucky bastards.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:50 PM
Why is it a stigma? Victor = Spoils, and all that.
The U.S. has turned into a sloppy liberal whiny bunch of effette pansies. If we were a little more fascist and a little less concerned with what happened everywhere else half of our problems wouldn't exist.
alejandro

Mar 14, 2006, 4:46 PM
no, its to say when the mexicans take over its "victors = spoils"
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 4:53 PM
🤣
lefteyeiu2006

Mar 14, 2006, 1:22 PM
I agree with you, screennames

It takes 7 years for someone to become a citizen, let alone to become legal.
Whitehorse

Mar 5, 2006, 8:42 PM
To pi$$ everyone off!!! 🤣

Acutally, I am not precariously straddling anything when I say I agree with Cpt. & Screennamessuck on this. Immigration (legal) is a great & wonderful thing. Illegal immigration is a bad thing. Unsecure borders are bad things. Racism as described in the original post is a bad thing.

I enjoy other cultures. Nothing like eating real Mexican food. Nothing like talking coyotes with someone who used to herd sheep. I believe that Pres. Teddy Roosevelt said it best (paraphrased) that immigrants to a country should assimilate. Too many of the illegal immigrants have no intention of becoming an American. That's not good.
screenamesuck

Mar 5, 2006, 10:31 PM
I think we should kick all the legal people who don't bother getting jobs or just quit school for no reason out of the country. There are plenty of people born here that I can't even understand and their speaking english. I think we should kick them out. Lets just round up all the useless bums that are allowed to stay here and just kick them out. I had one mexican at my job that did more work than 10 of my other employee's. Why should he be punished just because everyone else there is lazy.
lefteyeiu2006

Mar 14, 2006, 1:27 PM
Plus Americans are spoiled brats, just look at how many jerks come in to wireless stores and demand a new high end phone for free, just because they think they are entitled to it because they pay thier monthly bills.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:40 PM
Yeah, I have people come in and say "Spaneesh?" And then ask for free phones all the time.. so I guess they at least assimilate that far 🙂
alejandro

Mar 14, 2006, 1:40 PM
that reminds me of the movie suburbia where the white guy who was an alcoholic living off his military disability check wanted to harm the pakistani convenience store clerk because he was upset that this guy had more than he and he felt he was entitled to more because he was an american.
spum

Mar 14, 2006, 2:09 PM
While we're closing borders, we should just get rid of the Indian reservations so that we don't have borders within our own country.

*adds to the genocide list*
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:42 PM
Oh puhlease... yeah, we took the indians land.. so what, pusses should have fought harder.

Wars are fought all the time, and land taken. We just did it to some poor buggers who hadn't develpoed gunpowder yet, thus making it even easier.
spum

Mar 14, 2006, 3:13 PM
Some country in Africa (I don't remember who) held off the Italian army in World War 2 with sticks and rocks. The Italians had tanks. Wtf...
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 3:16 PM
Well, they deserved to keep their land then 😛
spum

Mar 14, 2006, 3:20 PM
Yeah, Italians are stupid. All the smart ones realized that, moved to New York, and started the mob.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 3:27 PM
LOL! I mean 😡 Racist!!!
🤣
spum

Mar 14, 2006, 3:35 PM
If you find a horsehead in your bed in the morning...
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 4:52 PM
I'm either going to be hit by the Mafia, or Juanita, the Mexican Donkey Show girl?
johnnybmagic

Mar 6, 2006, 4:49 PM
I love learning about and experiencing different cultures, I would say that's what I love about America but that can be found in many other countries around the world. But illegal citizens have no place in America or any other country for that matter. If you want to live here you should go through the proper procedure. I just moved into a nicer apartment but rather than crawling through the window and just staying there, I went through the application process and paid an application fee. Why should moving anywhere else be any different, go through the proper application process, I have two friends that are married to foreign born citizens, they retained a lawyer and went through a lengthy process to become legal. When I discuss with some peo...
(continues)
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 5:06 PM
Oh, i'm sorry, i didnt know you were crazy, you should have stated that at first so i wouldnt waste my time reading that whole thing.
johnnybmagic

Mar 6, 2006, 5:13 PM
I will be sure to include that in the subject line in my future posts.
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 5:17 PM
Thanks, it helps me out a lot, at least you are a courteous wacko.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:51 PM
I think what you said made perfect sense. No free rides.
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 5:19 PM
yeah, well, a customer came in and was looking at something on the live bar and i couldn't see the person well, so i said, "hello sir, welcome, how can i help you?" but it wasn't a sir, she was a ma'am. CRAP! 😳

so be careful what you say
lefteyeiu2006

Mar 14, 2006, 1:21 PM
screenamesuck said:
A customer came up to me asking if it was to late for him to get his rebate for his phone. It wasn't so I went to print him out his rebate form. While I waited for our printer to warm up four mexican dudes came walking by. He made some comment like, "I guess they were just to cool for mexico, they look like a bunch of jacka$$'s. In 6 month's i'll probably arrest all of them anyways." While I waited for the form to print it took everything in me to not say something. I flung the paper at him and said "here". He said, "it looks like your not having a good day" I was like, "thats because my wife is mexican, have a good day." I was sooooo close to just hitting him but I didn't. He just walked off.
(continues)
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 14, 2006, 2:54 PM
I agree, I've never met a mexican I didn't hate just as much as the caucasians I am forced to associate with.

However, that's not what we are discussing. We are discussing immigration. And it is tiem America pulls the timber from it's eye, before it worries about the splinter in our neighbor's...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.