Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 74 replies

Ah Lord

Nikoletta

Mar 1, 2006, 8:56 PM
So it's another of those "I believe I did warn you." Moments for Niki... We had our camera flip phone for free on this morning, they took it down at 4pm our time (that's when we ship incidentally) so when I got a call at 4:10 saying she had seen the free camera flip phone on the site and wanted it I tried really hard not to laugh. Sorry sweety, that promo ended 10 minutes ago. Nope, I can't extend it, it's physically impossible. Sorry.

About an hour later another guy calls in "Uh, yeah, I jus saw the (model number) as free this morning but uhhh now it isn't." Yes, that's right, it isn't. "why not." He sounded like a petulant little brat who was told by mommy he couldn't have any more cookies! Ahh the satisfaction. Whiner.
xIsamuTM

Mar 1, 2006, 10:16 PM
something i've always wondered, who do you work for? I've never really heard of a company who's promos change by the minute/day. Is there a rotation for which promo's are going on?
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 1:07 PM
Well ours don't usually and at the stores I'm sure they know the dates/times when the promos will end but in telesales and on the web site they occasionally change like that. We actually don't like it either because it throws us off our game and I really don't WANT to tell a customer (or potential customer) they are screwed but I hate... HATE people expecting the best for free all the time and I also hate (HATE) people calling 'just to ask some questions' because I'm paid on commission and if they just ask questions and then say I'm going to call back later I'm screwed. I warn them that they may not have that special when they call back because so many people will call in a week later and expect the same deal, so it's satisfying to tell th...
(continues)
Sholyhit

Mar 2, 2006, 2:19 PM
"So it's not free anymore"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I hate you. I am a horrible person. In fact, the only reason I accepted this job 4 years ago was that I knew on this day, at this time, you would call me, and I would be able to destroy your world by informing you that this promotion is no longer valid. I strive not only to be the bane of your existence, but also to foil your every attempt at getting something for free. As long as I work here, sir, you will never be happy with any service you recieve, and I will ensure you pay at least double retail price for EVERYTHING!!!"

I love my fantasy world =)
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 3:57 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA That's IT! I hate you and I am a horrible person. You've caught me!
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 5:52 PM
awesome đŸ¤Ŗ
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 2:22 PM

I also hate (HATE) people calling 'just to ask some questions' because I'm paid on commission and if they just ask questions and then say I'm going to call back later I'm screwed

Isn't that your job? I HATED calling in to ask questions of commission hungry reps who only cared about making a sale instead of providing accurate information.

If you don't want to do your job and/or your company doesn't provide the correct avenues for questions to be asked by customers where it doesn't hurt you - perhaps that is your or your company's problem.

...so it's satisfying to tell them they waited too long and maybe calling in to 'just ask some questions' was a bad plan and if they really wanted that fr
(continues)
Sholyhit

Mar 2, 2006, 2:41 PM
I don't believe she wants to pressure people into buying when they are not ready. You seem to try to twist everything everyone says to fit what YOU want it to say so you can try to sound smarter (which is why yuo always put the exact quote and then your own translation. This tactic is generally found among politicians and lawyers). I believe that instead of trying to pressure people, she is trying to get them to sign up and get the promotional price. As far as saying she is only bent on getting commission and doesn't care about the customers... When you work telesales, you get paid to SELL. You don't get paid to just answer questions and have the person go into a retail store. That's what customer service is for. When you get paid to SELL, t...
(continues)
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 2:48 PM

When you work telesales, you get paid to SELL. You don't get paid to just answer questions and have the person go into a retail store. That's what customer service is for.

I believe the companies own voice automated dialing system would dispute this, as well as, every experience I have had with carriers. Which is why I said:

If you don't want to do your job and/or your company doesn't provide the correct avenues for questions to be asked by customers where it doesn't hurt you - perhaps that is your or your company's problem.

Calling into most carriers as a potential customer, you are directed to telesales even when your only intention is to ask questions.

Customer servi...
(continues)
Sholyhit

Mar 2, 2006, 3:01 PM
Wow. That's odd. I have never heard of a customer or potential customer being directed to telesales with US Cellular (the company I work with). Generally customer service will just answer any questions they have and then direct them to a retail store or offer to transfer them to telesales. Now this isn't EVERYONE, as some reps are just plain lazy. Sometimes I'll call in for stuff that I KNOW they can do and they transfer me to someone else saying they can't do it. It does depend on the rep. It jsut depends on if the person you get is shady or not. Like today, I had a retarded (literally) guy come in on a little motorized wheelchair. He was deformed and I think had down syndrome. He was interested in getting a phone. He had A class credit. I ...
(continues)
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 3:06 PM

Do you work in wireless?

No I have not in the conventional sense.

The work I do involves a number of industries, but I answer to none.
Sholyhit

Mar 2, 2006, 3:16 PM
Maybe you should get a job in the wireless industry and get a feel for what it's like instead of criticising everyone and insulting everyone for what you obivously think you could do a better job of. Not EVERY rep is out there just to screw people and be lazy. I really like my job, and for the msot part I like my customers. There are a lot of people that get on my nerves and a lot of people that I would rather not help, but it's my job, and the people that tell me "You have just given me the best customer service anyone has ever given me in my life" (no... not like that you perverts) more than makes up for the $hitty ones. Not to sound arrogant or egotistical, but for the most part, I am damn good at what I do and I bust my @ss for my custom...
(continues)
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 3:27 PM
I do not hate reps and find myself having a hard time of "hating" anyone.

Just out of curiosity, what IS the work you do? ...
Have you been bitten in the @ss before by corporate america?

It is my job to keep corporate America from destroying America, which I might add, they appear hellbent on doing from the ground up.

Back to the subject at hand, my contention is that a consumer (more often then not) is directed to telesales via the automated system.

The whole complaint Nikki states appears to be more of complaint that she did not make a sale, as opposed to doing her job thoroughly.
alejandro

Mar 2, 2006, 3:31 PM
damn, i saw this in the forums section and thought you were sticking it to someone who deserved it, you got my hopes up plooky and you are just being an ass, let me know when you decide actually have some value and thought in your post.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 3:43 PM
How so Alejandro?

It would help if you would actually point out what you disagree with in my statements here. I do not have ESP.
Sholyhit

Mar 2, 2006, 3:57 PM
no, but what WILL happen is he will post exactly what he disagrees with, and you will only copy and past what he said, followed by your own rendition of it, attempting to distort what HE said in a way that attempts to make YOU seem correct. you don't back up anything you say. When someone voices THEIR opinion, all you do is copy and paste and then ridicule or insult. Try backing up something YOU say for a change, instead of simply demanding it from others and demeaning them when they do.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 4:49 PM

Try backing up something YOU say for a change, instead of simply demanding it from others and demeaning them when they do.

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 7:16 PM
Bump!

I am interested in hearing your opinion on the matter now as well.
spum

Mar 4, 2006, 2:46 PM
I think, pooky, that if you worked on commission somewhere, you would understand the frustration. I worked at Radio Shack for a little while whose sales associates are known to have a lot of knowledge about everything. It's ok to take a phone call for a minute or two to answer a simple question, but when you get a call from someone that needs you to walk you through how to set up a surround sound system and then set all the settings on an amp while you make minimum wage and watch everyone else in the store making a ton of money while you're stuck with someone that refuses to look at a diagram, it'll piss you off. Any salesperson will be able to give similar examples, and you have to blow off steam somehow. Let these people blow off their ...
(continues)
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:52 PM
So plooky, why allt he vague hints at your occupation? Let me guess! You are a welfare recipient with a degree?
axess_denied

Mar 3, 2006, 9:36 PM
😁 Plooky. You don't get it do you? A constructive way to have a conversation is not to take things out of context and manipulate what a person is saying. You have managed to make yourself sound like an idiot in most of your posts because you were never taught (or simply ignored) the fact that in order to be intelligent (not ignorant) is to be informed. Obviously, if you can't even get the point of her ENTIRE post, you shouldn't be responding. Why look like a tool one more time when everyone already doesn't like you? 😉
captainplooky

Mar 3, 2006, 10:57 PM
There has been no manipulation and am finding it interesting that you, and some others, find objection to responding to a post with the clarity quoting provides.

Afterall, the feature is there for a reason. Whether or not to take advantage of it and the ability to communicate more effectively is user choice.

Now, should you read the thread more thoroughly, I would be interested to see what you position on the matter is.

I have found that most have chosen not to respond once I clearly showed that the automated voice system for T-mobile routes customers to reps like Nikki leaving no other option for customers who are calling "just to ask questions".
captainplooky

Mar 3, 2006, 10:59 PM
If there is some aspect of the situation I am missing, please point it out.

That is why I originally inquired.
Cigee

Mar 7, 2006, 7:48 PM
captainplooky said:
I have found that most have chosen not to respond once I clearly showed that the automated voice system for T-mobile routes customers to reps like Nikki leaving no other option for customers who are calling "just to ask questions".

Did you ever stop to think that we stopped responding because we are done with the conversation? I thought Nikki was in a store not telesales. I was wrong but it doesn't mean I agree with what you are saying or that you proved some major point. We work for the same company. She is in sales. She is still a SALES person. Why is that so hard to understand?
captainplooky

Mar 7, 2006, 8:04 PM
It is hard for me to understand because I have never heard of an employer allowing an employee to pick and choose what aspects of their job they will actually perform.

Perhaps it is more common in the wireless industry. This would explain quite a few things actually.
Cigee

Mar 7, 2006, 8:08 PM
I'm sorry you must have not known about customer care. Silly us. Customer care is where customers call in to ask questions about their service or future service and when they are ready to activate they are transferred to teleSALES or stores in general where the SALES people are. You see Plooky there are different specifications for jobs. Customer care is there to answer question and Sales is there to sell the service. I do hope that helped.
captainplooky

Mar 7, 2006, 8:23 PM
Actually Cigeee, you unkowningly have helped to bolster my position by saying that. You are wrong, and in your assertion, have demonstrated the lack of training within your industry.

Had you taken the time to fully read my post here, you would see that T-mobile clearly defines the job quite differently.

Since I already posted it, but you apparently missed it, I'll repost here (bolding pertient sections).

Ok. I called T-mobile to see for myself.

T-Mobile's Website
Not yet a T-Mobile customer? Call us
Interested in learning more about our plans, products, and services?
Call us at 1-800-T-MOBILE.

Called the number and was greeted with:

Thank you for
(continues)
Cigee

Mar 7, 2006, 8:57 PM
Very good Plooky, you have reminded me of the obvious. When a new customer comes in then we tell them all about our company and give them all the information they need to know about what they are purchasing. Good you got that. Now go back and read where it says if you are an existing customer and would like to speak to customer care...press 2. See that. It is the customers that call the sales floor and the sales floor asking about their EXISTING accounts that gets frustrating when we have new potential customers that we need to help. Do you get it now?
captainplooky

Mar 7, 2006, 9:18 PM
No it's not. It has never been about that. It has been about new customers trying to ask questions about service with T-mobile.

Nikoletta
I also hate (HATE) people calling 'just to ask some questions' because I'm paid on commission and if they just ask questions and then say I'm going to call back later I'm screwed.

It's not my job to answer questions, it my job to set up service.

Have you even been reading the same thread as I ?
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 8:17 PM
Why did you press 1 the first time? Did it anywhere there say, if you are a dumbass and want to ask a bunch of ignorant questions press 1? No. It said if you want to BUY.
Thank YOU sir, for proving everyone else's point. It's not our lack of training it's people's inherent ignorance.
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 8:19 PM
STOP IT! LET IT GO!
captainplooky

Mar 9, 2006, 8:46 PM

... it's people's inherent ignorance.

This is blazingly apparent by your post.

You are greeted initially and thanked for calling the Sales and Information Line. There is only one option for a new customer who seeks to purchase, ask questions, or both. That option was 1.

Clearly you see how foolish your previous post is.
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 8:47 PM
thanks linguist
captainplooky

Mar 9, 2006, 8:48 PM
Que paso mi amigo por siempre?
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 8:49 PM
silencio puto
Vox Dei

Mar 7, 2006, 9:27 PM
As i recall Niki did not once say that she does not answer these questions. She just disagrees that it should be her job. Have you never heard of an employee disagreeing with what should be part of there job. She has a valid point even if you don't see it but it is her opinion. The IVR may disagree with her but that's a different subject all together. Please leave this dead horse were it belongs.
captainplooky

Mar 7, 2006, 9:33 PM
Like I said:

Captainplooky
Isn't that your job? I HATED calling in to ask questions of commission hungry reps who only cared about making a sale instead of providing accurate information.

She just doesn't disagree what should and should not be, she has explicitly stated:

Nikoletta

How can a customer honestly expect to get qual ...
(continues)
johnnybmagic

Mar 6, 2006, 3:55 PM
xIsamuTM said:
something i've always wondered, who do you work for? I've never really heard of a company who's promos change by the minute/day. Is there a rotation for which promo's are going on?

Niki works for T-Mo but I work for Cingular and our online deals change every single day. The funniest was when a girl came in and said she just wanted to see the phone live that she was going to get it for free online..ok, then she came back a few hours later and said she would buy it here because it wasn't free online anymore but it was the day before. That's why it says TODAY's deals!!
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 6:04 PM
owned
Vox Dei

Mar 2, 2006, 11:55 AM
Haha. Sometimes your evil niki. You take way too much satisfaction in doing that 😈 .
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 1:08 PM
They shouldn't call 'just to ask some questions.' and then tell me they'll 'call back later.' It's a pet peeve.
Wakkado

Mar 2, 2006, 1:21 PM
I just had an 80 year old man try to pick a fight with me.

This ancient guy comes up and grabs an alltel brochure, looks through it a moment then asks. "On this plan am I going to get charged minutes for people to call me?"

me: "Yes, all of the carriers that are around phoenix do that, except sprint. Would like to see our sprint plans?"

old dick: "So your telling me you guys charge both side of the conversation?!?"

me: "Yes, they all do unless you'd like to go with sprint, would you like to see their plans?"

@ss: "Why would you dare charge me minutes to accept a phone call?"

me: "We have this offer with sprint to avoid that exact thing... would you like to see their plans?"

old fart: "EXPLAIN TO ME WHY YOU CHARGE FOR...
(continues)
annie_rowen

Mar 2, 2006, 1:31 PM
so, what mall are you working in?
Wakkado

Mar 2, 2006, 1:36 PM
arrowhead
annie_rowen

Mar 2, 2006, 1:37 PM
fsqs, here. i feel like i work in a funeral home.
Wakkado

Mar 2, 2006, 1:40 PM
You know we are in the same company right?
CHUNKYLOVER51

Mar 2, 2006, 1:45 PM
how is it u keep getting these people, are they just attracted to you or what?
Wakkado

Mar 2, 2006, 2:26 PM
I look like an innocent little boy, but when I open my mouth I sound like a complete @ssh0le(because I am). People come up to me because I look like I am easily taken advantage of but the first thing out of my mouth no matter what I say seems to set people off a bit.

I asked a customer yesterday how old I looked first thing, they said 18. After our conversation I asked again how old they thought I was they said 29. I am 24. If I shave my face I look 12 ☚ī¸ I have been denied alcohal even with my ID because I am clean shaven in the pic.
kellenhoskins

Mar 6, 2006, 12:58 PM
What up fellow phoenix area reps
annie_rowen

Mar 2, 2006, 1:59 PM
yes, but no one has been in this store all morning.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 2:24 PM
Why not it's your job!
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 4:05 PM
Oh my plooky are you getting pissy now? It's not my job to answer questions, it my job to set up service. I do answer questions, I'm rather good at it since I bother to keep updated on the company offers. That doesn't keep it from frustrating me.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 4:08 PM
Are the callers who call in "just to ask questions" being routed to you through the automated system correctly?
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 4:12 PM
Can you answer my first question?
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 4:23 PM
No I am not.

I am confused by your reasoning on this matter though.
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 4:31 PM
Why the bold face then? It certainly sounds pissy to me.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 4:48 PM
Ok. I called T-mobile to see for myself.

T-Mobile's Website
Not yet a T-Mobile customer? Call us
Interested in learning more about our plans, products, and services?
Call us at 1-800-T-MOBILE.

Called the number and was greeted with:

Thank you for calling the Sales and Information Line.

To buy new wireless products or services, or to add a new line of services to your existing account, Press 1.

If you are an existing customer and would like to speak to customer care, Press 2

For all questions regarding moving your number to T-mobile, Press 3

To activate a newly received T-mobile phone, press 4

To repeat these options, Press *

Pressed 1.

(continues)
alejandro

Mar 2, 2006, 5:09 PM
odd question for someone who has no job.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 5:13 PM
You can not dispute the merit of the question.

I am intereted to see her response, if any. Of course, not answering speaks volumes in and of itself.
alejandro

Mar 2, 2006, 5:19 PM
no, but saying "not answering speaks volumes" really means, "i'm only really saying this to get a response and i really hope she does or it will be harder to continue this pointless post." and not answering would actually be the best response she could ever give.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 6:21 PM
Actually Alejandro, it would say to me that she has no answer that any reasonable person would accept.

She thought it was cute to respond to the post by trying to antagonize me, but once I respond with information that supports my comments, she disappears.

She explicitly states:

Nikoletta

I stated earlier:

Captainplooky

I am trying to understand how someone complains about people using the ...
(continues)
alejandro

Mar 2, 2006, 6:24 PM
no, have to invalidate your entire post but sorry they don't.
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 6:26 PM
On what basis? đŸ¤Ŗ
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 6:58 PM
I didn't disappear, I was up doing something other than sitting here having a conversation with you, which is incidentally, very low on my list of things to do today.
Nikoletta

Mar 2, 2006, 7:03 PM
Plooky, I don't respond to you because you turn everything into a flaming post. I have yet to figure out why the admins put up with you. It's not worth my time to argue with you when you, who do not even work in the industry, come in here to raise trouble and spark debates and fail to take the hint that you are largely unwelcome. I'm tired of talking to you because you spend your time trying to make others feel bad and inferior in order to (I can only assume) boost your own sense of self-worth. You pry into other's personal lives and try to make them feel small and insignificant probably so that you can feel big and important by comparison.

In other words, and as I've said in the past, you are disgusting. You are a small souled littl...
(continues)
captainplooky

Mar 2, 2006, 7:12 PM
I have been courteous and polite in my entire comments in this post.

My only offense here is asking you a question to which you don't have an answer.

You come here and constantly complain about customers and your job and when questioned about it by others, you respond you are good at your job with a hint of pride.

Then it turns out that you make comments that would seem to indicate that you are only concerned with making commissions then actually helping the customer.

When questioned about this stance, you have no response but to discredit me and in the process, in my opinion, make all your future posts of complaints sound a bit foolish.

For all we know the very people who ask questions of you and receive little to no help ...
(continues)
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 6:02 PM
dude, this forum is for those "in the industry" and since your not could you go away? we do our best for the most anal and idiotic of customer, and then we like to vent with others who put up with the same crap. but since you can't even identify with us just leave. please don't reply to this, because it is a statement, not up for debate. the wireless industry doesn't like you, but we will sell you a cell phone and treat you pretty well in our stores. let us vent without bing a prick about the little details.
alejandro

Mar 6, 2006, 6:07 PM
Damnit, stop it, you are keeping it going.
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 6:08 PM
sorry đŸ˜ĸ
Cigee

Mar 3, 2006, 6:27 PM
Telesales means (and I apologize for the obvious confusion 😈 ) means telephone sales. Nikki, like me is not in telephone sales we are in sales in a store. So....when someone calls that number inquiring about new service, the call is not transferred to a store, it is transferred to a salesperson who sells phones over the telephone. I thought it was self expainatory, kind of like, I don't know, the profession of a salesperson. Yeah our job is to SELL stuff.
captainplooky

Mar 3, 2006, 10:46 PM
Cigee
Telesales means (and I apologize for the obvious confusion Twisted Evil ) means telephone sales.

Ok.

Cigee
Nikki, like me is not in telephone sales we are in sales in a store.

Are you sure?

Nikoletta January 31, 2006
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.ph p?fm=m&ff=17&fi=520059

I'm Telesales and not Verizon.

Telesales means telephone sales, so it would appear that Nikki, unlike you, is in telephone sales.
ErikaMarie

Mar 4, 2006, 10:56 AM
Hmmm... that's kinda dumb a promotion ends mid-day.
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 4, 2006, 12:27 PM
Actually, you say that you "told them so" but are you so sure that you are the same rep that spoke to them in the past?

In this situation, I would have to side with the customers. It just really sucks to see a free phone and then because of a ten minute difference I miss out on a great opportunity. I would have to say I would complain too.

Did it state on the website that the phone would no longer be free after 4:00?
Nikoletta

Mar 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
Oh no, I agree completely that it sucks big time when they pull that change like that, it's complete bull BUT the web site DOES say that they are promotions, they don't give time or date listing (they used to) for when the promotions end. My point is I spend about half my time telling SOMEBODY "That buy one get one free promotion on the RAZR is a promotion... that means it can and will end at any time. If you call back later you most likely will not get that promotion, I can only offer you that PROMOTIONAL price right now, it will change." When you say that twenty times in one day it begins to wear on you so when the promotion ends and people call in complaining that it was on promotion yesterday... you get to say "Yes, Yesterday." Espec...
(continues)
captainplooky

Mar 7, 2006, 7:18 PM

So yes, the fact that they changed it at 4 pm sucks, but the fact that people don't freaking listen sucks worse.

Perhaps they don't feel it is their job đŸ¤Ŗ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.