Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 48 replies

hmoomn mm nr mmmm?

KrazyJoe

Feb 28, 2006, 1:28 PM
Ever have a customer walk in (or call, for you call center folk) after you've just taken a big bite of food?

I was sitting here enjoying my paczki and had a customer walk in the door just after I stuffed about half of it in my mouth. Fortunately, it's a customer I've dealt with a few times already and she's a pretty cool person. She looked at me funny and I just held up the box and she laughed.
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 1:29 PM
we're not allowed to eat on the floor of our call center but yep I've done it.
Mid_Isle

Feb 28, 2006, 2:16 PM
yeah, before food got banned for our center floor, I've had that a couple times with a mouthful of Bits 'n' Bites. Crumbs....EVERYWHERE
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 2:20 PM
it doesn't stop the reps they're food being sneaked, I've done it.
Mid_Isle

Feb 28, 2006, 2:26 PM
True enough. We *are* allowed hard candy like mints or M&M's or somesuch, but no chips, chocolate bars, salads, pizza, etc, or peanut products.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 28, 2006, 2:32 PM
what about M&M peanuts?
Nikoletta

Feb 28, 2006, 2:38 PM
We're not 'allowed' but then our management walks around and gives us candies and cookies and stuff... I have a pack of oreos on my desk right now, just a little one.
lknjedi

Feb 28, 2006, 4:41 PM
When the new hires go to 3 day training.. the trainer recommends that you eat AT your station/desk so that you don't miss a sales opportunity... then our VP of Sales says that if he catches us eating at our desk we are in trouble... go figure.. 🙄
Mid_Isle

Feb 28, 2006, 2:42 PM
Nope. They actually pulled everything from the vending machines that had peanuts in it....some guy with a lethal allergy works here is my understanding.
CptFarlow

Feb 28, 2006, 3:34 PM
Um...so he should know not to eat anything with peanuts in it. Since when is an allergy contagious?
KrazyJoe

Feb 28, 2006, 3:51 PM
certain people are so allergic to peanuts that coming in contact with anything that has come in contact with peanuts will cause a reaction.

There was a kid in my high school that was so highly allergic that if somebody had a reeces peanut butter cup in a room 2 hours before he came in the room it would likely kill him.
lknjedi

Feb 28, 2006, 4:46 PM
KrazyJoe said:
certain people are so allergic to peanuts that coming in contact with anything that has come in contact with peanuts will cause a reaction.

There was a kid in my high school that was so highly allergic that if somebody had a Reese's peanut butter cup in a room 2 hours before he came in the room it would likely kill him.

That would be a great way to eliminate a douchebag in your life... "What happened?"
"I don't know!! I was eating a peanut butter sandwich.. and the guy had a seizure!!!"
Vox Dei

Feb 28, 2006, 5:41 PM
usually its more of his throat swells up and strangles them...But still involves them on the ground kicking around...
CptFarlow

Feb 28, 2006, 6:01 PM
đŸ˜ŗ Eek...never knew it could be quite that bad.
Mid_Isle

Feb 28, 2006, 9:40 PM
Didn't you ever see that ep of CSI where they're investigating the murdered juror who was allergic to everything?
ESmurf

Mar 2, 2006, 1:03 PM
Yeah, they thought he died from a bee sting but it was actually peanut butter.
Mid_Isle

Mar 3, 2006, 3:37 AM
Vice versa, man
silentscream

Mar 6, 2006, 5:24 PM
I have a friend that is close to being allergic to everything. She's allergic to rubber. Which is bad...but the funny thing is, release a handfull of balloons and watch her run!
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 3:37 PM
What's a packzi? Is that like a Hot Pocket?
KrazyJoe

Feb 28, 2006, 3:53 PM
a paczki is basically a filled donut. It's incredibly sweet and stuffed full of a filling. They're typically 600-1000 calories each. It's a polish treat.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 28, 2006, 3:57 PM
so it's like a boston cream?
KrazyJoe

Feb 28, 2006, 4:00 PM
Kinda like that, but bigger and sweeter.

Depending on where you go, I've seen paczkis (again, pronounced poonch-key, in case you were wondering) as big as softballs
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 4:24 PM
I'm putting this on the list, right up under lox.
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 4:37 PM
we should try moose.
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 4:44 PM
1. lox
2. packzi
3. Moose

We're all set, Manny.
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 4:47 PM
we really should invite others to participate in these delicacies
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 5:00 PM
Oh. I was kinda thinking it could just be you and I... but that's fine, who should we invite? Should we do RSVP?
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 5:14 PM
of course we need to make sure we don't run out of lox or that we kill enough meese
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 5:38 PM
But of course.

How are you planning on killing them?
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 5:40 PM
we'll take turns trying to scare them to death!
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 5:43 PM
I'll put them in front of the tv and force them to watch Glitter. Scary, enough?
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 5:43 PM
I almost died when I started watching it luckily I was able to turn away and run
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 5:46 PM
We'll have to goose tape them down then.

Hee, hee. Get it? Goose tape - duck tape?

đŸ¤Ŗ I crack myself up.
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 28, 2006, 5:54 PM
Great. My joke was so scary, it killed sleeves. ☚ī¸
longsleeves

Feb 28, 2006, 6:08 PM
nah just knocked me out for a bit but I'm back...hmm blood that's not good especially coming from my ears. oh well I'm sure it'll clear up
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 2, 2006, 5:17 PM
Borrow some tampons from one of your gossipy co-workers and voila, problem solved.
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 5:33 PM
đŸ˜ŗ
lknjedi

Feb 28, 2006, 4:42 PM
KrazyJoe said:
a paczki is basically a filled donut. It's incredibly sweet and stuffed full of a filling. They're typically 600-1000 calories each. It's a polish treat.

thats a WHOLE days worth of calories.. but I bet it kicks @$$
KrazyJoe

Feb 28, 2006, 5:01 PM
Oh it sure does. They're awesome. I'm a big time sweet eater but more than 2 is too much for even me.

I just heard them say the average paczki is between 600-1000 calories, approx 25 grams of sugar and I think about 30 grams of fat. That's just for one... but it's sooo worth it.
lknjedi

Feb 28, 2006, 5:17 PM
yeah... fortunately I am not a big sweet eater.. and after spending an hour in the gym in the morning trying to BURN calories that would ruin my day... (what a loser right??)
CARBS ARE THE 😈
KrazyJoe

Feb 28, 2006, 5:24 PM
yeah, but they're soooooo good.

I'm fortunate enough to have a high metabolism. I don't work out and can pretty well eat like a pig and stay thin. Though it's starting to catch up with me. I'm slowly gaining weight little by little. I'll worry about it once I pass the 200 pound mark.
ESmurf

Mar 2, 2006, 1:11 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm carbs. Everyone on my moms side of the family has Sprue. It's where you're allergic to glutton (wheat, flour...) so they all decided to just go no carb all together... Except my immediate family... we live a few hours from the rest of them so at our family get together we have in April every year my sister and I kidnapped our youngest/quietest cousin (she was like 13) walked to the gas station across the parking lot (We stay at an AmericInn) bought all the junk food and Ice Cream we could carry back.

We didn't let her eat any of the chocolate cows in the ice cream... we figured that's were most of the carbs were. đŸ¤Ŗ
Sholyhit

Mar 2, 2006, 5:04 PM
Sometimes if I have to go number 2 real bad (in my inline store) I just pull down the gates and lock them and go in the back (we have a bathroom. I don't go on the floor... unless I am really upset...). Once I didn't latch it all the way and a customer pulled up the gate and walked in, completely ignoring the "Be back in 5 minutes" sign and the fact that the gate was shut. They started walking around the store shouting "hello?!" and I was like that the... They just walked into the back and started knocking on the bathroom door. My first thought was "$hit! My cash drawer!" So I hurried up and scrambled out. They didn't mess with the cash drawer, or anything else, they just wanted a phone, but I was like WHAT THE HELL! Why would you just pull ...
(continues)
3ntropy

Mar 6, 2006, 5:36 PM
i used to work laying concrete (thank God i have a plush job now) and no matter what signs we'd put up some idiot would walk right into it. we'd laugh at them and point and insult them. that'll teach em.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 8:31 PM
Actually we have peopel that watch us, on occassion, and listen as well. I am soooo desperately tempted to one day take the headset they listen to into the bathroom and pretend to "flog the bishop" if you will..

The only question lingering in my mind is.. how do i convince them i was kidding afterwards 🤭 đŸ¤Ŗ
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 8:33 PM
why are you responding to every post going back a month all of a sudden? are you trying to bury something?
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 8:41 PM
Yeah, the dead hooker I have in my trunk. You got a spade? Maybe know someone with an incinerator?
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 10:14 PM
I have a friend that works in the corners office...She could dispose of a body...you might have to cut it up for her though...She's lazy.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 7:07 PM
You are my hero Vox Dei.. Im not going to ask which one yer the voice for 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.