Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 44 replies

Too Dumb To Own a Phone

Nikoletta

Feb 20, 2006, 2:56 PM
AOL instant Messenger. AIM. "Do you know what that is?" errr... right.

So this guy calls in and begins telling me how he had service with us, shut it down in July blah blah blah... well what happened was when he had the service he had set it up so that his AIM sent messages to his phone any time he wasn't online. Fine, that's not unusual, my brother does that, I've thought about it. But... and this is where it gets DUMB... he never took that feature off his AIM so now 8 months after shutting down his service his AIM is STILL sending messages to his phone number only it's not his number anymore. He wants to know how to shut it down. Dunno, why don't you try your AIM to take it off you lackwit. We didn't set up the service, you did ...
(continues)
aemsafd

Feb 20, 2006, 2:58 PM
Not to mention he also called you in sales!
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:44 PM
But salesmen can do anything!

I'm a salesman, and I've been expected to do the following:

-- be a repairman for cell phones, remote controls, RC cars, cordless phones, etc.

-- be a credit agent and fix the bad credit a customer has so they don't have to pay a deposit

-- be a phone book or phone operator for the public

-- be a janitor for a public bathroom

-- be the guy who always has a light despite the fact that I don't smoke anything

-- be the solution to any problem

People don't care who or what you are. They only care what you can do for them.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:47 PM
OH, crap.

I forgot babysitter, the most hated of the list. 👿
colione112

Feb 21, 2006, 10:48 AM
got a light? lol O and a cigg to go with it...

what?? you don't? what kinda salesman are you lol
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 11:41 AM
you forgot window washer, phone charger, calculator ("so how much will my monthly bill be AFTER taxes?" even though phone taxes vary from zip code to zip code).

not to mention YOU'RE the one that wants to take everyone's money without helping them out (I get that one alot, "all you sales people wanna do is take my money, you don't care if I get the help I need!") right, because we get to take home ALL the money we make in our cash registers, I have a whole swimming pool full of singles.

but in all honesty, I couldn't give a damn if THOSE customers got what they needed.

we need to make a movie like the movie "waiting" (that resteraunt movie) and call it "cell sales" or something like that, to show the dumb people how we really feel a...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Feb 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
Can I be in it? I wanna be in it. (the movie)
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
okay, you can be the girl that's nice to the customers face, but puts poison in their food..er I mean...oops

I'll be the one that's just rude to all the customers, that should be fun
lknjedi

Feb 21, 2006, 1:14 PM
I want to play the part of the arrogant prick that is too important to wait, demands a brand new phone with 608 remaining on his 2 yr, and is swtiching to X carrier if I dont give him everything he wants this very second... I might need acting lessons 🤣
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 1:44 PM
okay, you got the part

now who wants to play the drunk 19 year old who dropped her phone in vodka and now wants a warranty exchange on the phone cause it randomly shuts off, and the buttons all stick??!? "but there really is no WATER damage!"
Vox Dei

Feb 21, 2006, 1:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the warranty says LIQUID...At least with most companys it does.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 1:57 PM
try explaining that to the drunk 19 year old
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 2:00 PM
you get "it's the manufacturers defect that the phone is so slippery and it doesn't warn you before it rings, so it startles you and makes you jump and drop the phone into the vodka"
Vox Dei

Feb 21, 2006, 2:17 PM
Please tell me they didn't say that....Please...I'm begging you now.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 2:20 PM
🤣 that is an actual quote, the girl was in day before yesterday. I'm still laughing at her expense.
Vox Dei

Feb 21, 2006, 3:41 PM
You know...In the US she could probably sue the phone manufacture and win 😳. I mean someone sued ther vehical manufacture because the manual didn't say you have to accually steer when you set cruise control 😳...
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 3:45 PM
that's true, the manual doesn't say anything about holding onto said phone while trying to answer it
Cunning_Linguist

Feb 21, 2006, 3:55 PM
You wanna be in the movie or the pool of singles? I don't know, Nikki and and a pool full of money paints a pretty cool picture! Maybe we should make a calendar too 😈
Phydeaux

Feb 20, 2006, 3:15 PM
Actually, no, that isn't his fault.

If what's happened what I think has happened, AIM gives no recourse to be able to pull that text redirect off. Really. The site to do it has relocated and I don't know where to.
Vox Dei

Feb 20, 2006, 3:25 PM
It's not t-mobiles fault either though 😛
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:46 PM
Well, they did sell this guy a phone.... 🤣
Nikoletta

Feb 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
And that is where the IQ test before selling them a phone would help so much.
Nikoletta

Feb 20, 2006, 3:43 PM
I just told him to contact the AIM tech support, he really shouldn't have called the carrier he disconnected with 8 months ago... also, why wait 8 months?
Vox Dei

Feb 20, 2006, 5:09 PM
Probably because he gets some really kinki IM and is scrambling around trying to stop who ever is getting them from getting them 😛
CptFarlow

Feb 20, 2006, 5:43 PM
I did that with my phone...but shut it off the next day because I had a couple hundred messages the next morning...when I wasn't signed up for text messaging. It was only a few bucks, but still. I just logged in and signed myself off. Maybe it's a different feature with his phone though.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:45 PM
No, it's the customers fault for using anything related to America Online.

Really.

There's so much better out there.
Mid_Isle

Feb 20, 2006, 3:24 PM
I for one am in favor of some people having to take a written test before being trusted with something as complicated as a phone.

That was not sarcasm. I've worked for both landline and cellular carriers as Customer Service, and the number of people too dumb to own a phone is freaking unreal. 😕
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:05 PM
Why make them take more tests? They would have to take a test to own a computer, iPod, cell phone, landline, car, house, etc.

Just make all driver's licences with a credit card swipe, encoded with the owner's IQ score. Then, that's part of the process - swipe the id, and then see if their IQ is high enough.

If it isn't, just tell them they were declined, and send a letter in the mail!
KrazyJoe

Feb 21, 2006, 10:09 AM
I can already see it now. Some extremely skinny guy walks in to get a phone. Get's declined and says "dammit, why won't anybody accept my ID? I can't even get a burger at McDonalds." and walks smack into the window on the way out.
evilbstrd666

Feb 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
Four words:

"Survival of the Fittest."
😈
Vox Dei

Feb 21, 2006, 11:30 AM
The problem is that IQ has nothing to do with how much common sense a person has. You can be really smart and still be a dumb ass. Cell phones are not rocket science all you have to do is listen to the sales person or customer care agent.
Mid_Isle

Feb 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
So, you're suggesting a hearing test of some sort? SOmething along the lines of:

"Ok Mr Johnson, I'm going to list 6 numbers to you and I want you to repeat them back to me."

"Them back to me."
Vox Dei

Feb 21, 2006, 1:19 PM
YES...that would be great.
craptacularwireless

Feb 21, 2006, 1:29 PM
I cannot fathom how these people think cell phones are difficult to operate. All you have to do is read and follow directions. That's it. Is that so hard? Apparently so.
Mid_Isle

Feb 21, 2006, 4:42 PM
Depending on who you ask it requires a University Degree and 4 years in the field...just to read the bill.
alejandro

Feb 20, 2006, 5:34 PM
you should know all cell phone companies market to the stupidest people in the world, so it is really not their fault that they took the debate, blaming and ridiculing them would not be prudent. Even though I can't help it sometimes....
evilbstrd666

Feb 21, 2006, 11:33 AM
The biggest problem is that common sense is no longer common....
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 12:09 PM
I'm sure with the thread title he's gotta assume this thread is about him, but no comments yet.

He's starting to slack around here
KrazyJoe

Feb 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
He doesn't usually show up until after 2pm.

Which further fuels my belief that he's a kid still in school posting from his parents house.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 1:02 PM
😲

that would explain why he thinks he knows everything, and he argues constantly; he must be about 16 then.
Nikoletta

Feb 21, 2006, 1:03 PM
Could we not encourage him? Please? He's disgusting.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 1:10 PM
but I find so much enjoyment in taunting him, you would think that by now he would get the hint that he's not liked, and the people who do like him only like him because it's fun to f*ck with his head. I don't get why he doesn't just leave
Nikoletta

Feb 21, 2006, 1:12 PM
He doesn't get the hint and he's a foul nasty little prick and I know he's going to respond to this because he just can't help himself. But seriously, it would make things so much simpler if we could... you know... just stop answering him. Better stop talking about him. Bah.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 21, 2006, 1:15 PM
no, he never replys to insults, or posts that actually make sense; didn't you notice that? he'll be arguing with someone, and that person will make a very valid point, and he just never replys, because deep down he knows he's been beat, he just doesn't want to admit it
KrazyJoe

Feb 21, 2006, 1:17 PM
He thrives on conflict. He throws out counter-theories to everything we say and do because he knows it will spark a debate. And he'll attempt to debate the issue.

Unfortunately, he's not a match for many of us in the department we're experts at and it eventually dwindles down to responses equivalent to an 8 year old with a thesaurus.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.