Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

For all the people that dislike RadioShack...

dca

Feb 17, 2006, 3:42 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11409391/ »

(Not that I'm one of them or anything)
KrazyJoe

Feb 17, 2006, 4:01 PM
Care to sum it up, or copy and paste, for those who are firewalled (like myself)?
UOQuack

Feb 17, 2006, 4:06 PM
basically RS is closing 400-700 company owned stores due to massive earnings shortages in 4th quarter 2005.
KrazyJoe

Feb 17, 2006, 4:09 PM
Thank you.

Sucks to be a RS employee... or stockholder for that matter.
UOQuack

Feb 17, 2006, 4:11 PM
You're welcome.

Yep. Good for those of us who are in competition with them though. 😁
KrazyJoe

Feb 17, 2006, 4:15 PM
I sell VZW, so as of January 1st, I'm no longer in competition with them.
evilbstrd666

Feb 19, 2006, 11:37 AM
Gee, maybe relying on supply of iPods was a bad idea?

Huh?

You think?

It pisses me off that the people who banked on Apple supplying us properly are not going to have the axe fall on their heads....
evilbstrd666

Feb 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
Hey, I know how I can become CEO of RadioShack!

I now have 23 different degrees from 12 different colleges....

What? You've never heard of these colleges?

Well, that's not my problem they don't exist...

I should get the job because I lie better than your current CEO....

Why is RadioShack failing again?
evilbstrd666

Feb 19, 2006, 11:45 AM
Oh, and now RadioShack is hiring lawyers to investigate if the CEO lied -- when he basically says he DID?

Paying a bunch of lawyers should help profits and income!

Thank god I am not a stockholder.
Whitehorse

Feb 19, 2006, 7:33 PM
"Earlier analysts said they were not concerned with the resume flap, saying RadioShack has more serious performance issues."

While this is true, I think the CEO may want to see how he can get the heck outta there. What an asslick! He needs to be swabbing toilets with those little cotton swabs...
evilbstrd666

Feb 19, 2006, 11:42 PM
I don't agree.

HE SHOULD BE THROWN OUT ON HIS STUPID REAR END.

Allowing him to leave on his own means he saves face. He does not deserve this.

If I had lied on my application, and was discovered, I would be fired.

He should not be treated any differently.
RSPart-timer

Feb 20, 2006, 9:33 AM
I do not comment very often, I just read and enjoy the stories and info, but as a part-time RS employee for the past 4 years, I have to chime in on this.

Yes, RS stock in swirling down the toilet, and the CEO flap couldn't have come at a worse time.

CEO admitted the lied on his resume...And you're gonna love this, He was a Baptist Minister, yet he has been busted 3 times in the past several years for DUI, and his wife left him and they are in process for divorce.
(as reported by the Ft. Worth Paper...)

What chaps my a$$ is that we as RS Employees go through "Ethics Training". "Doing the right thing while nobody is looking" etc. Yet this hypocritical ba$tard is running the company.

I for one am offended...

People Suck...
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:10 PM
He just must have missed his ethics training....

Same with the board of directors, as they are still backing him...

I kept saying that I doubt RS will last too much longer.

Just didn't think I would be right so soon....
Whitehorse

Feb 20, 2006, 4:08 PM
Perhaps I didn't post clearly. I'm definitely not defending this drip nor should he get off - he should be tossed like a used diaper!!! That is why I used the term "asslick." I think this is craven behavior & would love to see RS employees stage a short protest walk-out - especially reading the post from RDPart-timer below, ethics my (not that bad for a 39 yr old balding chubby guy) @$$ 👿
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:11 PM
Sorry, you misunderstood my post as well, then.

I understood you were not defending him.

You just didn't sound harsh enough towards him... which I now see I was wrong. 😁
kapwww

Feb 20, 2006, 10:51 AM
Plain and simple...they call themselves Radio SHACK....YES...SHACK! Shack implies old, dirty, beatup piece of crap building to me. I probably wouldn't buy groceries at a place called the "Food Shack" or buy cars from a place called "Car Shack". 😁
ColdWhiteLight

Feb 20, 2006, 11:12 AM
I'd definately recommend staying away from any place called LOVE SHACK.....you know, its that little love place where you can get togetherrrrrrrr.... love shack baybeeee.

You might come home with warts or something!! 🤣
dca

Feb 20, 2006, 11:17 AM
I just find it funny how the CEO takes a hit (which he should) but what about the rest of the executive office? They managed to milk the wireless side for how many years, turned around and assumed it'd last forever??? There is only so long you can last with product marked up 3x and expect to keep on keeping on. I don't feel sorry for anyone except the entrepreneur who forked over how ever much it costs to license, stock, & open an RS store...
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:13 PM
I had the opportunity to meet a few owners of the RS Franchise stores, and they were good, smart people.

They deserve a refund, as the name they purchased is getting destroyed.
CptFarlow

Feb 20, 2006, 11:20 AM
In October last year, our store opened a service program out of our location for our customers. We would take phones that were in warranty, send them out to a RadioShack service center, and give the customer a loaner phone while their phone is being repaired. It sounded easy, but it seemed to me that the people in that service center are sitting over there with abacuses, thumbs up their asses.

Turn-around time was quoted at being 7-10 business days. That's what our customers were told by us. We send their phones out...we ended up not getting them back for a few months. All during that time, customers are complaining about not having their phone, which I could understand, but I couldn't do anything about it. Whenever we would call RadioSha...
(continues)
alejandro

Feb 20, 2006, 11:37 AM
and thats where motorola wants us to send their phones, as well as kyocera.
ColdWhiteLight

Feb 20, 2006, 11:41 AM
I never really had much of an opionion of Radioshack before I worked for them in the wireless kiosk at Sam's Club. I rarely went there, as a matter of fact the only time I ever remember going to Radioshack was to get one of those little wireless remote control mini-cars. I had my interview. They said to me "you are going to make so much money you won't know what to do with it!!!" I was like WOW all the money I could ever want. I was thinking to myself "people are just going to be throwing themselves at me because we have such a good deal." I was given a flow chart, saying if I sold 40 phones a month I would make $X amount of money. I was told with making a 40 phone quota which would be easy they said. I would make over $100k each year. Littl...
(continues)
CptFarlow

Feb 20, 2006, 12:07 PM
I was a cashier at a Sam's Club for a few months...the people in that cell phone kiosk never sold anything. They always just talked on their cell phones all day long.
ColdWhiteLight

Feb 20, 2006, 12:34 PM
Yah we usually just sat around. twittled our thumbs, played on the internet, or ate some food. Now don't get me wrong, we tried to make sales, but you know no one goes to Sam's to get a phone. It's just a coincidence that we are there and someone sees us and notices we have a better price. I can remember times where we would leave and put a sign in sheet at the desk for people to leave their #'s in case we were at lunch to call them back. We would leave for an hour and come back. We'd ask a coach if anyone came by our stand and they would usually say no. That job was fun in a sence that we just sat there and got fat, but at the same time it was terrible because of the pressure we were under. The DM would tell us joe blow at the store in midd...
(continues)
Polvo de ajo

Feb 20, 2006, 12:46 PM
🤣 no wonder my friend wanted me to apply so he could quit "oh yeah, you make hourly plus commission, and so many people walk past you in a kiosk in sams, you'll do awesome there, probably about 18 an hour if you're good yada yada yada". he was looking for his own replacement and tried to get me to do it, then after about a week of getting turned down he just quit. so now instead of working for vzw he's a sprint "business indirect account manager"
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:16 PM
It's almost like a pyramid scheme, although slightly less evil....

It also depends on how stupid and greedy the hiring manager is....which is usually bad.
Phydeaux

Feb 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
Oooh, Strategic Service Solutions out of Fort Worth Texas? Most of the paperwork doesn't have RadioShack logos on it, but on the return invoice when they want money it's on there.

Yeah, they're horrible. I sent a Kyocera K494XLC off for repair for something relatively easy, like a BoB broke charging port back in September.

Just got it back. Unrepaired.

They are useless, and I still have phones off to repair for them. I've asked everyone at our corporate offices if there was any other agency we could send the repair work to, and even though they are saying everyone is having the same problems, the answer is a resounding NO, this is where the warranty repair work goes.

Oh, and I recently had the "ship to the wrong address" thing ha...
(continues)
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:19 PM
It's one of the reasons why I didn't like the idea of RS fixing phones for others - we finally got the service centers working properly, and then they increased the load.

RS store repairs seem uneffected, but it sounds like you guys are getting the treatment the stores did two years ago.

So, just wait two years, and they MIGHT start doing things right....
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 8:15 PM
It depends on the service center....

Can't say more than that.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 7:35 PM
....that he evidently gets to go to court for shortly.

So he's a drunk lying moron. Greeeeeeaaaat.....
RSPart-timer

Feb 22, 2006, 8:16 AM
Well,

Dave Edmundson resigned from Radio Shack on Monday. Hopefuly, this wacky chapter for RS is over, but they still have a long row to hoe...

The hypocritical Bastard still got a Million dollar severence package. What is up with that?

I think I will demand a severence whenever I quit. "...But, You did it for Dave..."

Arrrgggghhhh!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.