Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Cingular Rep

cinnamon0142

Feb 15, 2006, 7:51 PM
I'm applying for a job w/ Cingular, What is the typical starting pay range for a fulltime retail associate?
VBMASTER

Feb 15, 2006, 9:20 PM
i dunno bout Cingular but most places are straight commission, that is for indirect dealers....for corporate you are prolly lookin at $8/hr plus commissioin bonus....IF u meet or exceed your quota....
The Lost Ramone

Feb 15, 2006, 9:38 PM
cingy indirects make 7 plus comission, which is 10 percent of profit on an item.

car charger cost: 2 dollars
Car cahrger retail price: 25
Profit: 23 dollars
10 percent: 2.30
texaswireless

Feb 16, 2006, 12:08 AM
That is not accurate. I know I personally pay my employees more than that as so does the company I used to run.

Please qualify your statements.
The Lost Ramone

Feb 16, 2006, 11:58 AM
ever considered not all cingy franchises are the same? even the same franchise in a different market pays differently.

so... i will not "qualify my statements"
texaswireless

Feb 16, 2006, 6:22 PM
Exactly my point. To some newbie your post would read that all agents pay as you posted
ImmaCellPhoneHustla

Feb 17, 2006, 11:26 AM
I make 10/hour + commission 😎

Not only 15% profit of accessories but features and activations as well. (ex. New line with 1000 text for 9.99 i would make 19.99)
texaswireless

Feb 17, 2006, 5:12 PM
If you sold a new activation with Text 1000 you make $19.99 or you make $19.99 on the feature itself?
evilbstrd666

Feb 18, 2006, 8:27 PM
Uh, just because you pay more, and you used to earn more at the retail outlet you worked at, does not mean everyone pays the same amount.

I think you could use your own advice.
texaswireless

Feb 19, 2006, 2:36 AM
Dude,

Try reading some of the other posts before you reply. You just repeated the point I was making and twisted it around.
Sholyhit

Feb 16, 2006, 11:34 AM
My employees make 8.10/hr +9% commission (I work for an agent for US Cellular) and we have employee discounts and bonuses. If the store hits goal, and your GP/hr is about $40 and you sell at least $20 in accessories per activation, you get 12% commission for the next month. Also if you get a 100% on a secret shop, you get a $250 bonus.
ondisplay

Feb 16, 2006, 11:41 AM
That pay structure sounds familiar...
Sholyhit

Feb 16, 2006, 11:48 AM
Where'd you used to work/ who are you? =)
ondisplay

Feb 16, 2006, 11:57 AM
Go Wireless
Sholyhit

Feb 16, 2006, 12:24 PM
Who am you?
colione112

Feb 16, 2006, 2:01 PM
Corp stores start about 9.60 an hour, plus commission.

Commission varies by region.

New adds pay by rate plan.
Upgrades pay straight commission.
Accessories pay 4% flat rate.
Features pay 75%, increasing to 100% in april.
you also get 2 lines for business(unlimited everything) and 2 lines for personal use which you can give to anyone. the plans for the personal are 1000 min and 500 min with free txt, mms, media net, etc.

the business lines come provisioned for blackberry, pda and laptop connect so you can use it for whatever device you want. They also provide two phones, but your able to purchase different ones if you want.

Hope this helps.
The Lost Ramone

Feb 16, 2006, 2:05 PM
😲

I'm in the wrong line of work. I would love to go corporate, but i would miss the ability to adjust my prices.

plus, the corp. guys seem so heartless when dealing with customers. even me, when i tried starting a conversation with one, he just gave me a snotty look and turned away.

why does corp. hate indirect so much? ☚ī¸
colione112

Feb 16, 2006, 5:11 PM
I don't hate indirect dealers... but most in my area have shoddy cust service, unless they are making a sale. Personally, I deal with each customer like they will eventually buy something, and when they remember how i helped them, they'll come back to me for it.

O yea.. we adjust our prices too 🙂 but that'll be our little secret lol
Phydeaux

Feb 16, 2006, 3:20 PM
Holy fsck that's awesome. When did additional personal lines start? I never had even /one/.
texaswireless

Feb 16, 2006, 6:34 PM
What % do you pay to your Union?
colione112

Feb 16, 2006, 11:14 PM
it's about 20.00 every pay period (two weeks)
Wakkado

Feb 17, 2006, 1:10 PM
You all made me feel much better about my pay/job. I am an indirect dealer so not quite the same as corp of course. Our company does flat co mission but base $8 an hour if you drop below it. You are a tard to drop below that. Our emps start at 40% on profit on everything, phones plans accs. 2.5% profit increase every 6 months. When we sold Cingi we got a base 25 spiff for the contract usually 30 profit for the plan and 30 profit for a phone plus acc profit. Easy to make 80 bucks a sale. But compared to the rest (except Verizon) they paid the least. I have sold Verizon, At&t, Cingi, Sprint, Alltel, Tmobile, and cricket from this company over the past year. If anyone is in Arizona send me a msg get a job here hehehe.

Not COMPLETEL...
(continues)
Cunning_Linguist

Feb 17, 2006, 3:09 PM
I think, what these guys are all trying to say is that would depend on the market you live in.
Different Markets and Franchises have different C.O.L.A.s (Cost of living adjustments).
A good rule of thumb on the average though, and i don't remember who said it, is around 8 dollars or so an hour plus around 10% commission, give or take a few here or there.
Don't look to get rich, but it will pay the bills 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.