Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

snot nosed teenagers

freephones4all

Feb 14, 2006, 4:44 AM
I am so sick of these idiots who bring in their snot-nosed teenagers to tell me to find their lost phone with the GPS.
I sent one kid back home to look up and download a 'GPS phone finder' application from the internet. It works great! 🀣 😈 🀣
newfette

Feb 14, 2006, 8:17 AM
lol.. that awesome..

i just hate snot nosed teenagers in general..

they come here and throw a fit, and i'm not talking a little one.. i mean almost on the ground kicking and screaming so they can get the 400 phone they want...

i'll tell you one thing now.. when i have kids. they ever try and pull something like that as a teenager.. i'll leave em in the store..

i got no time for that mess..
KrazyJoe

Feb 14, 2006, 10:34 AM
I don't mind the brat teenagers that come in demanding that high end phone.

When it's obvious their parents don't want to get that that one, I usually smack them with so much logic as to why they don't want that phone that they just get a cheaper one.

9 out of 10 times it works.
xIsamuTM

Feb 15, 2006, 1:15 PM
I'd rather just smack them.
evilbstrd666

Feb 20, 2006, 2:48 PM
Ah, that would be nice.

But then there's the whole legal problem, etc.

Just tell them the account holder is the only one who can do ... that way mommy and daddy have to be involved, and you can (hopefully) work with someone who has their head in the real world.
freephones4all

Feb 15, 2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah. One kid actually told his mom on the way out that I was LYING. That I could find her phone with the GPS if I wanted to. Because T-Mobile did it for one of his friends. WTH?? πŸ™„ Besides what sort of pig-sty do they live in that they can permanently lose the phone inside the house?
I wonder if people ever realize that their little geniouses are really retarded.
And the kids throwing fits? I've had several girls break out in CRYING fits so daddy would buy them Pink Razrs. This one girl (about 16!)threw her arms out over the display wall and started sobbing. Outright heaving bawling. And bouncing her head off the display Razr. Of course she got it🀣 We sell a lot of full retail Pink Razrs.
Nikoletta

Feb 15, 2006, 1:47 PM
T-Mobile doesn't have GPS in their phones, we use tower triangulation to locate for the E911 compliance.
The Lost Ramone

Feb 15, 2006, 4:01 PM
wErd.

even if your phones do have GPS, they can't just be activated all of a sudden and found. the phone would have to be powered on, GPS would have to be active, and even then, you'd need a program to find the phones... which doesn't exist.

GPS is for directions to your favorite restaurant, not directions to your LG C1500
Nikoletta

Feb 15, 2006, 4:12 PM
Actually, Nextel phones CAN be used in just that manner, to locate the phone. The original application of aGPS in the phones was for 911 to locate them, that's why it's required to be built into all CDMA phones (so mostly Sprint/Nextel and Verizon) While the GSM carriers (Cingular and T-Mobile) use triangulation off the towers to locate the phone for the E911 compliance. They phone generally does need to be powered on however you don't necessarily need a program to find it but such programs do exist. The GPS can be remotely activated as well.
The Lost Ramone

Feb 15, 2006, 4:18 PM
🀭

thanks for making me feel stupid nikki πŸ˜›

apparently my conceptions were skewed.

I thought CDMA only had to use tower triangulation too.

I still think E911 is stupid. i called 911 when i got mugged and the cops couldn't find me, even after i gave them my exact location. it makes me wonder if it works at all.
aemsafd

Feb 15, 2006, 4:26 PM
You should get Sprint's crime deterrent!
The Lost Ramone

Feb 15, 2006, 4:27 PM
what's that? nobody wants to steal a sprint phone? πŸ˜›

i'm just kidding, but do they seriously have one?
aemsafd

Feb 15, 2006, 4:34 PM
No, its a commercial they did.
CptFarlow

Feb 16, 2006, 3:39 PM
I'm unfamilier with this feature you speak of...
djdelay

Feb 16, 2006, 3:30 PM
thank you Niki......good explanation.....I do want to also point out that on all aGPS phones (at least w/ VzW), you have to select on your menu to allow only E911, or any GPS tracker to locate your phone
CptFarlow

Feb 16, 2006, 3:51 PM
It makes me wonder how far we will go for something that is "cute" or "pretty." V-Day just passed, and I yet again made the trek to the mall to buy a shiny piece of metal and stone for my gf.

Now I'm sure all of you are familiar with supply and demand. If the supply is larger than the demand, the price drops...and vice-versa. Things such as jewelry and flowers, two things that there are plenty of on the planet, are all expensive, only because woman see them as attractive. Diamonds should really be a few bucks, but the jewelry companies know that my gf will complain until I go out and buy her a $300 necklace.

But women aren't the only ones to do extreme things for what you enjoy. I mean, look at what men do for sex. Buy them jewelry, go...
(continues)
gO_gO_LiNdS19

Feb 16, 2006, 3:30 PM
I so do not agree with the bad talking about wanting a pink razr and doing whatevers possible to get it bc i have the razr right now and i want our store to get in the pink one SOOOO incredible bad bc i will pay outright for it.. theres not a problem with wanting something you guys cant say that youve never wanted something soooo bad...
Phydeaux

Feb 16, 2006, 3:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hate it when someone comes in and proves half of you whiners right. 😈
Phydeaux

Feb 20, 2006, 11:46 AM
I take it all back. I got one of these today.

Ho-leee cow. The whining, the high pitched voice. She didn't cry, though. Red face.

My boss was far too lenient. I think he knows them. Of course, the fact that her phone failed in the first place (LG vx3100) wasn't her fault, per se, but that she wanted it replaced with a Moto v710... meh.

If it was my 14 year old, I would've nipped that stuff in the bud a long time ago. But theoretically, if they did it as a 14 year old... over the knee. Surely to goodness one can bring themselves to freaking behave in public.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.