Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Left or Right?

aemsafd

Jan 28, 2006, 5:48 PM
Everybody knows how stupid your cell phone customers are. But what do they do when they are done yelling at you because you won't waive the activation fee? They drive home. And of course, they are the most intelligent, courteous, and professional people on the road. NO! They leave our stores and they become f*cking idiots behind the wheel. Why are these people allowed to drive?

Last night driving to the hospital, half the people pulled over to the left. HALF! How f-ing stupid can people get? Let me set this up for you: You are driving along a four lane road with a small concrete barrier that separates the two directions. An ambulance is bearing down on you. Here's what people actually do. Instead of changing lanes and stoppin...
(continues)
Don.Mike

Jan 28, 2006, 6:04 PM
my dad is an ambulance/firetruck driver. he has the same angry stories.
aemsafd

Jan 28, 2006, 6:20 PM
I keep asking my chief for a turret mounted machine gun, but I don't think the town is going to buy one.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 28, 2006, 6:05 PM
That is stupid. Why would they pull to the left? 😕
aemsafd

Jan 28, 2006, 6:20 PM
Read the first three words of your post.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 28, 2006, 6:35 PM
aemsafd said:
Read the first three words of your post.

Insert Witty Name Here said:
Big Poppa sucks.

Yes. Yes, he does.
aemsafd

Jan 28, 2006, 6:39 PM
Well, you have my promise that if Big Poppa ever gets into an accident and I'm taking care of him, I wont do a very good job.
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 28, 2006, 6:06 PM
Yeah it's ironic how ignorant some people can be!

I saw something like that the other night when I was driving as well. In this version though instead of the car pulling over to the right (the way people should!) this numbnut seems to think that because he is in front of the ambulance that this gives him the right to go just as fast as they are so he speeds up to match the speed of the ambulance to avoid the inconvenience of pulling over!

LOL makes you wonder how some people get out of bed everyday and dress themselves without aid! 🙄
ButtaKnife

Jan 30, 2006, 12:12 PM
I've often wondered if emergency responders are able to report idiots like this to the police. aemsafd?
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 12:28 PM
I'm sure they can!

People like that keep the responders from doing their job, so i would say they call the police so they can both do their jobs!!

It seems every day that i am alive i feel smarter, because of all the stupidity that i am surrounded by!
KrazyJoe

Jan 30, 2006, 12:32 PM
If I recall correctly, an ambulance could hit a car on the road and the person driving that car would be ticketed for the accident.
aemsafd

Jan 30, 2006, 12:45 PM
It depends.

First: We work with the police. In our town, we have the same dispatch, so there's a very quick turnaround time. In the end, we both have the same mission, to protect life and health. Most police officers will view someone who ignores an ambulance with the same severity as someone disobeying a police officer. Problem is that we would be the witness, and it is almost a "he said she said" situation. Typically, if the cops do pull someone over, it would result in a very stern warning most likely. Depends on the situation though.
KrazyJoe

Jan 30, 2006, 12:49 PM
as screw it, just get a paintball gun and splatter the windshield of any car that acts stupid
aemsafd

Jan 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MeAndTheCapnMakeItHappen

Jan 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
Thats kinda how it thought it would work.

Well i hope that guy got what he deserved!

I see so many people get away with so much, and if i even did the smallest thing wrong i would get totally nailed!
Kinda funny how that works!
Ex-BIGDOG

Jan 29, 2006, 4:51 PM
I always think this is just stupid! Now, obviously it's the right thing to do when an ambulance or police are is coming to pull over to the right (of course)
But, I love how if your on the freeway with 3 lanes moving along, ambulance is coming up about 1/4 mile behind and in the fast lane everyone is getting out of the fast lane and pulling over one, maybe 2 lanes, if there is not a lot of traffic. But, WTF makes people think that during a busy day (not rush hour) on the freeway that you have to pull all the way over from the fast lane, cut over 2 lanes and STOP on the shoulder. 🙄 I know lets cut everyone off, because I have to stop, and cause a few more accidents, Hell-we have an ambulance right here they'll take care of us. 😳 I...
(continues)
johnnybmagic

Jan 30, 2006, 11:15 AM
SEE THE LIGHT, PULL TO THE RIGHT!!
aemsafd

Jan 30, 2006, 12:49 PM
I like Officer Boscarelli from Third Watch:

"I have a siren, a gun, and a full tank of city gas. You WILL pull over for me!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.