Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Before you post to the board wait five minutes, if it doesnt seem stupid ok but it probably still is

shoe

Jan 19, 2006, 9:34 PM
We all have crappy days with a bunch of crappy customers yelling at us for whatever reason...But for the love of god, please stop posting inane stories every time an idiot says or does something mildly stupid. Funny stories? By all means, you should post them. But I think some of you are confusing the concept of a message board with an instant messenger service. And the people posting the original threads aren't the only culprits. If all you are going to say in your reply post is "lol oh my god that happened to me once too and it was sooo funny," then you need to keep it to yourself. And if someone already posts something to that effect for whatever stupid reason, then five to ten more people definitely dont need to do post the same thing. W...
(continues)
djdelay

Jan 19, 2006, 9:48 PM
omg....like, that guy is totally telling us that we shouldn't, like, post whatever we want.

this may be a private forum, but it isn't your private forum. If you want to preapprove the content, start your own forum and read that. Until you do, deal with the fact that we post what we want. If I post a funny story about someone, I don't consider it annoying for someone to post a follow up, no matter how simple. It's an affirmation of my experience. If you want us to limit our posting so that you can easily catch up a week or so from now, too bad. I'm not going to bore myself to death at work so that you can keep up. Wanna keep up? Run faster.
shoe

Jan 19, 2006, 10:05 PM
Haha, you dont get it and like I said, it's not an instant messenger service. That's not what it's for. But an etiquette lecture probably is not appropriate, since this is your only way of having contact with the outside world at your job which you all seem to hate, so you are going to keep doing it regardless of what other people have to say. Gosh, what a thought, posting content that everyone would want to read? Naahhh. Worthwhile posts? Forget it. Let's hear another "angry customer, but wasn't that funny story." Or, and here is my favorite, "That guy is telling us we're all idiots again we should yell at him, he cant tell us what to do, nobody can take away my phonescoop! this is America, screw the man."
Also I have no idea how to respo...
(continues)
djdelay

Jan 19, 2006, 10:21 PM
I'm glad you feel so entitled that you can request us to halt any conversation and consider whether or not shoe will enjoy them in a week. I, however, will not tailor my posting or conversation to suit your desires. The run faster comment refers to your inability to sift through the posts. If you are having trouble keeping up, run (read) faster.

You may have gotten the impression that I am upset with you, but I assure you I am not....I just wanted to post a cogent response to an otherwise asinine request
axess_denied

Jan 27, 2006, 12:46 PM
What is asinine about requesting that people in the forum use simple forum etiquette? There is nothing wrong with making an observation or a request that some of the crap that is littering this forum is entirely unneccesary and that we may need to take a second to think if our post to our 3 friends' posts about "That was really funny."

As users of this forum, why don't we work together for a solution. Has anyone thought about asking PS to update the forums to have options for users to rank a post - that would elimintate waste on the page, wouldn't you agree?

Instead of being offended by suggestions, why don't you learn how to compromise and quite crying... "I for one will not be tailoring my posts..." Way to be Spartacus, your defia...
(continues)
johnnybmagic

Jan 19, 2006, 11:58 PM
That was such a worthless series of posts! Try posting something people want to read, like a funny story or the sort.
UOQuack

Jan 20, 2006, 1:54 PM
No one else has claimed the title, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll have a paypal account soon so you all can begin sending tribute to the throne.
axess_denied

Jan 27, 2006, 1:15 PM
Yeah guys, in this time of great uncertainty it is NOT neccesary that you send food or clothing, the King only needs cash money! Perishable items such as food and clothing can also be used by terrorists to hide bio-weapons(botchulism, influenza, and TB.) Hook him up by contacting PayPal and sending your CA$H MON3Y TRIBUTE.

****Think of this way, if our king dies because you did not send him $$$$ and BLING, it is your fault that he perished. Send it NOW.
Vox Dei

Jan 27, 2006, 9:24 PM
Sorry i don't have paypall or the internet but if you give me your GPS coordinates i can send you something that is worthy of your....(supreamness?)
celesticatfl

Jan 20, 2006, 2:28 PM
Wow, who made you God? 🙄
If something annoys you, don't do it. Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you read every post on here?
If you want to keep track of a thread and see the answers on a topic, just subscribe to that thread. You'll get email notice on responses.
shoe

Jan 19, 2006, 9:48 PM
PS- If you want to "vent" go call a family member. sacdude, however weird he is and i dont want to know why his name is sacdude, but he was somewhat right. stop posting stupid crap. I dont care. and if you people have become close enough on this board to "vent" to each other well that's just weird but once again, I dont care, I just want my okama gamesphere.
sacdude

Jan 19, 2006, 9:57 PM
sorry if offended you
captainplooky

Jan 23, 2006, 6:25 PM

...if you people have become close enough on this board to "vent" to each other well that's just weird but once again, I dont care, I just want my okama gamesphere.

You think that is weird? You should see what goes on in the lounge forum. It literally is amazing to see how lonely and receptive to any contact whatsoever people can become.

People actively are seeking relationships and readily exchange phone numbers and pictures in the forums.

Wanna send 'Insert Witty Name Here' a pic to add to her demo phone collection? Call 404-822-5453. If you rather PTT, just use 154-117-4961. Or if you rather PTT with 'Craptacular' use 126-970-3150.

Yeah though - it's creepy.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 26, 2006, 12:14 PM
Yes, it's soooo creepy. 🙄

Oh, and for the record, I am not seeking a relationship. I am, however, curious what people I converse with look like. That is all.

So, when are you going to send me your pic? 😉
Vox Dei

Jan 26, 2006, 5:04 PM
We are all customer service agents. WE like people or we wouldn't have this job (except me i hate people). Isn't it natural we come on here and like to meet people?
lefteyeiu2006

Jan 19, 2006, 9:56 PM
Ok, I waited 5 minutes, but it still seems stupid. What do I do next, oh holy forum god who controls all forums?!
cowboytim

Jan 20, 2006, 12:22 AM
"But for the love of god, please stop posting inane stories every time an idiot says or does something mildly stupid."

Well, firstly, kindly capitalize "God" whenever you invoke that mighty concept. Secondly, one of the purposes of an online message board is to commiserate with others with whom one has something(s) in common. There's a really cool online community here; I like it and I think that, uhm, EVERYBODY ELSE DOES, TOO.

😁

"But I think some of you are confusing the concept of a message board with an instant messenger service."

Well, actually, I think most of the users of this here message board are purdy online-savvy, so...

🙄

"And the people posting the original threads aren't the only culprits. If all yo...
(continues)
axess_denied

Jan 26, 2006, 2:10 PM
cowboytim said:
Well, firstly, kindly capitalize "God" whenever you invoke that mighty concept. Secondly, one of the purposes of an online message board is to commiserate with others with whom one has something(s) in common. There's a really cool online community here; I like it and I think that, uhm, EVERYBODY ELSE DOES, TOO.
👿

Firstly, the word "god" is only capitalized while being used at the begining of a sentence or as a proper pronoun. (Example: It was God that caused the plagues.) The word "god" does NOT need to be capitalized while being used as a pronoun (or a generalization of a diety not given the formal name "God.") (Example: Zues, the king of the gods, was father to Hercules.) Only...
(continues)
UOQuack

Jan 20, 2006, 1:23 PM
OMG that post is sooo funny!
ESmurf

Jan 20, 2006, 1:59 PM
Wow, I think we went over this yesterday.
Wait wasn't that one of our new Phone Scoop laws oh Mighty PS Ruler?
😕
"And if someone already posts something to that effect for whatever stupid reason, then five to ten more people definitely don't need to do post the same thing."
😕
Wow you break the law AS you're making it. You MUST be a NORMAL politician.

I'm glad you got a chance to vent to all of us. Now turn around and tell the guy who is obviously holding a gun to your head, forcing you to read every thread posted to in the past week that you are done now and ask if you may leave.
ButtaKnife

Jan 20, 2006, 2:10 PM
Amen!

(Oh noes I broke the law of not posting a simple affirmation reply... cya all in 20-30 years)
celesticatfl

Jan 20, 2006, 2:36 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
I can't quite get the picture of Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents out of my mind and hearing in a Cosmo voice-- "Stupid is funny! Hahahaha!"
timslo

Jan 23, 2006, 4:39 PM
Well said! 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.