Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

what customers should know

sacdude

Jan 15, 2006, 9:18 PM
i believe customers should be to spell first of all, and have some kind of common sense. second customers should realize cellphone service is a service, it is not something which is free, if you are calling please have pen and paper ready, customer service reps like myself, and sales reps, hate repeating themselves, learn to speak english correctly, it gets annoying hearing bad english. if you are nice to the customer service rep or sales rep, they will be nice to you in return and you will probably get what you want, if you aact like a punk, you will get what is due
coffeecoffeecoffee

Jan 16, 2006, 11:06 AM
Very well said! I'm sick of being made to look like a jerk because I won't give the whiny customer a better deal on a $200 phone! There is a reason why it is $200, if you want something for free, take the free phone!
ESmurf

Jan 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
Up here in Hickville customers don't even want the features. Sometimes I think they'd pay more for say a 3300 than they would for say a 9800. They don't know how to use any of the features and they fear them. Can I switch which phones are free?! 🤣 i have more people walk in and tell me they DO NOT want a camera phone than I could have ever imagined before I started up here. It's ridiculous.

At another store I asked someone their mobile number... they gave me their home number. WTF?! How difficult is that? Listen to the words coming out of the mouth of the person speaking at you.
coffeecoffeecoffee

Jan 16, 2006, 11:48 AM
🤣 Where I am at is pretty Hickville too, but I have people who will just walk up and ask for a camera phone. Our camera phones start at $70 but they don't want to pay for them.

Speaking of not using features! I had this young couple walk in the other day that had signed up for service with us about a month ago and was wondering why their $60 bill was almost $200. I tried best I could to explain to them that they had exceeded their anytime minutes and had racked up over $40 in text messaging charges. They were one week into their current cycle and had already used over 200 anytime mins (they have a 700 min share plan) and were going to go over again. I stressed to them to add messaging packages on to both lines and to raise thei...
(continues)
ESmurf

Jan 16, 2006, 12:01 PM
😳 WOW 😳
I can vaguely remember not having a cell phone. When i got my first one I completely understood the concept of anytime minutes, overage charges and such. I don't get how it's too complicated ESPECIALLY when you have a diagram in front of you and someone explaining it as simply as they know how.
celesticatfl

Jan 16, 2006, 12:34 PM
And don't forget how for some reason you always get that person who comes back 2 months later and says you told them this and that. You wish you could just tell them, 'Look, I was the one that signed you up. There's no way I told you that. You're a liar and now you're calling me one."
They hear what they want to hear and nothing else. I am also convinced that there will always be those people that if it requires two or more brain cells to work together, it hurts them. So they quit thinking and give up and blame us. 🙄 Cause you know we lied to them. yeah right.
🙄
here's an ad you'd like to see:

Adult Education Class---
Cell Phone Use
Tonite- Turning on your phone, Address Book & Speed Dial.
Tomorrow- Setting the ringto...
(continues)
ESmurf

Jan 16, 2006, 12:38 PM
🤣 I would like to see that ad!! The problem is the people who we have all dealt with and could point out from miles away... don't know about their cell phone illiteracy. It's sad! They are the same people who never think people who are speaking generally are speaking of them. The ones you want to slap up beside the head and say... we're talking about you dummy!
johnnybmagic

Jan 20, 2006, 1:39 AM
I had a guy say to me tonight, you should have a cell phone class where you could teach people how to add numbers in their phone books and how to change the settings, you could charge like $10 a person. Then I said the worst thing anyone could possibly say in that situation, "sir, we offer that service for free", what was I thinkin he was there for an hour and a half! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
Photogal1966

Jan 20, 2006, 12:25 PM
johnnybmagic said:
I had a guy say to me tonight, you should have a cell phone class where you could teach people how to add numbers in their phone books and how to change the settings, you could charge like $10 a person. Then I said the worst thing anyone could possibly say in that situation, "sir, we offer that service for free", what was I thinkin he was there for an hour and a half! Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

🤣

Okay, actually, that is something that I have done myself. Oy!
ButtaKnife

Jan 16, 2006, 4:15 PM
You know, I got my first cell phone when I was 17 (my parents put it in their name, I paid for it) and I fully understood long distance vs roaming, overage, and everything else that was on my plan/phone. It kills me that so many people have no idea what's on their plan or what they have used in a month.
Nikoletta

Jan 16, 2006, 12:03 PM
And the free phone isn't the RAZR you idiots. *grumbles*
coffeecoffeecoffee

Jan 16, 2006, 12:17 PM
I am not racist, but my absolute favorite is when someone of a different nationality comes up with questions why the first bill has activation fees or why they have to pay overages or, again, why the phone isn't free. After you explain it to them, they just look at you blankly and ask the question again.

Did I just not explain it to you!? You initialed the contract agreeing to the activation fees and we went over the charges!!

I feel like some people who do not speak good English use their language issue as an excuse to get a break!
ESmurf

Jan 16, 2006, 12:26 PM
I've mentioned this movie before but it fits so well here...

'Waiting'

"Foreigners?! I f***ing hate foreigners! They act like the don't know how to tip. Oh yeah know, they f***ing know."

And foreigners say something like I wonder what she'd do if she found out we knew English... and how to tip "Ha, Ha, Ha, stupid Americans"

*I'm also not racist... just quoting a great movie that everyone in CS should see.*
Wireless Consultant

Jan 16, 2006, 12:39 PM
I see everyones point of view but customer do not know how phones are subsidized.

They see new customers getting phones for free or $29.99 for a Razr with free bluetooth and expect the same or better.

When Bellsouth Mobility was around they had a department called QCC which meant kiss the customers ass.

I personally got free incoming minutes and a 2 for one for free (2 phone working on one number).

Now a rep will get written up for not treating all customers equal. It does not matter if you spend $200 or $40 a month the deals are the same.

The only exception is Verizon's new every 2, where a customer on a $39.99 plan or higher will get a extra $100 off a phone for a up grade. A example is the Razr is $199 after all rebates for...
(continues)
celesticatfl

Jan 16, 2006, 12:56 PM
Oh, Our customers can get a new phone at the promo price every year if they renew the contract. What the existing customers don;t seem to understand is that just because they are already on service doesn't entitle them to a second phone for free. It is the contract that covers the cost of the phone. That's why you sign a new contract to get the discounted price. Don't know why some folks just don't understand that. Then hey say "I'll cancel and go to S0&SO Sellsphonescompany and get a free phone" Well DUH! you have to sign a contract there too! 🙄
Wireless Consultant

Jan 16, 2006, 1:01 PM
Plus they would have to pay a new activation fee and sign a new agreement.

They say one of the new MVNOs will allow you to change your phone at anytime but I think your monthly service is around $200.
ESmurf

Jan 16, 2006, 1:20 PM
Plus the ETF through their carrier. Really, just pay for insurance or retail price if you want a new phone so bad... or just wait a few months. Contracts aren't THAT long. you'll survive. 🙄
ButtaKnife

Jan 16, 2006, 4:25 PM
I love the "well if I sign a new contract shouldn't I get a new phone?" when they're only 3 months into their current contract. Get a clue!
Nikoletta

Jan 16, 2006, 5:45 PM
Actually, that's not completely true, about customers not knowing the phone is subsidized. When I purchased my verizon phone a couple years ago I had to sign a paper that said (because I bothered to read it) that they discount I was receiving on the phone was provided by the store as for activating a new line and was at cost to them. They were very clear in the wording to make sure I understood exactly why I was getting the phone for $35 instead of the retail of something like $120.
Whitehorse

Jan 16, 2006, 5:25 PM
I have always said that the info a cust should know, - why the phone is discounted, they understand their plan & overages, they understand how an upgrade is calculated, etc...- should be put in a booklet given to the cusotmer (whether the customer wants it or not) & the customer would have to sign on the contract that this information was received.

Then the company reps could use this, refer to this booklet & leadership would also need to support the reps when advising a customer that they signed that they received this information - would help eliminate the "I was never told..." syndrome.
ralph_on_me

Jan 16, 2006, 5:46 PM
We have our customers sign saying they've read the terms and conditions. It explains all that, but they'll still complain.
ESmurf

Jan 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
We have a checklist we go through after all of the other contract phone discount explaination stuff. We have them sign the checklist as well as the contracts. Making sure we've told them more than they care about just then.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.