Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

My name is John Doe and i have _____ phones through you guys.

alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 3:07 PM
why do people proceed their problems (of their fault) with the number of phones like that is going to change the answer?
Crookdale

Jan 14, 2006, 3:12 PM
I love that. I also love when they start with "I have been a customer for X years.." But its even better when they say that and you are looking at their account and they haven't even finished the original contract from like a year ago.

But I should still give them a free phone and give them a special discounted rate plan because they have been with us for so long.
alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 3:13 PM
and when i can do nothing for them it is hillarious when they threaten me with cancelling the service and see that i do not really care.
Crookdale

Jan 14, 2006, 3:18 PM
exactly, i make money when i sell you things, but i dont lose money when you cancel. So i honestly could care less what you do. I love the look on people's faces when i tell them that.
alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 3:20 PM
look at their service agreement, and if they are past 6 months just smile and wave.
Crookdale

Jan 14, 2006, 3:22 PM
i dont even care if it is past 6 months, if they leave before 6 months they give my company $350, so i still don't lose my commision for the sale.

That's when people start to get really upset and mad when i tell them that
alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 3:25 PM
i don't bother to tell them anything, everyone knows about ETF's, i know i do not need to remind them, i just give them the number and send them on their way, here you go, call this number and cancell.
ESmurf

Jan 14, 2006, 6:21 PM
The problem at my store is no one has our carrier yet (except the ones we've already sold to) so they come in... I have T-Mobile but can you help me? I was thinking about switching to your carrier when my contract is up... Good thing for them, we're usually so slow I'm just glad there is another person in the store so I have something to do.
johnnybmagic

Jan 20, 2006, 1:48 AM
We used to have a $300 dealer cancellation fee, it has since been lowered but when people would say they were going to cancel and go with another company because they lost or damaged their phone and didn't want to pay retail price for another one I would say, now that would be kinda silly to pay over $300 in cancellation fees just to get a free phone, you could get a really nice phone for that. That is still one of my favorites.
CptFarlow

Jan 14, 2006, 3:22 PM
Yeah, they think we are supposed to kiss their feet and beg them to stay...

I had a woman come in the other week who was upgrading her phone, and when I asked what new plan she would want to go to she said she had to have internet and text messaging for free. I told her I have never heard of that happening. I found out that she had called up threatening to cancel about a year ago, and to keep her they gave her full web access and unlimited text messaging for free. I wonder how long she bitched at them to get that... 🙄 đŸ¤Ŗ
celesticatfl

Jan 16, 2006, 2:01 PM
I can't do that because if I activated them, then if it is before 10 months on service under that cntract I do lose my commission and any pay I got for features sold on that number.
☚ī¸
ButtaKnife

Jan 16, 2006, 5:16 PM
Ouch, I thought our 6 months was bad...
CptFarlow

Jan 14, 2006, 3:18 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ

I had a woman come in yesterday that had gotten a phone about 8 months ago. It was a free Samsung A660. So it's not a bad phone, just free. She lost it, and decided she wanted a PPC-6700, a $600 phone, for free! 🙄

"I have been a customer since May, I have paid my bill every month, unless you want to lose a valued customer you should back up your customer service claims and make me happy."

It's the same thing every time. She threatened to leave, which I told her she could do, easily, if she wants to pay the ETF. She said I should waive it because her phone was lost, which of course she didn't get insurance for it. 🙄
alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 3:19 PM
do you think the same thing happens to people in japan?
ralph_on_me

Jan 14, 2006, 3:52 PM
This is how Japan works in my head.

The customer walks up to the sales rep and says, "My name is Typical Japanese, and my ARPU is 4,000,000,000 yen."

If I had a customer accurately state their ARPU at about $2,000 when they introduced themselves, you can bet I'd give them the red carpet treatment.
CptFarlow

Jan 14, 2006, 4:09 PM
I don't know. I know the celluar industry is very different there, but I don't know anything about pricing and such...

Sadly, people just do not understand that we do not have to give them a discount on a phone. People never came to me in best buy and demanded that Comcast give them a discount on their new 52" LCD TV...

That's a LOT of money, just like a high-end phone. You get what you pay for.
alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 7:50 PM
i was more wondering if americans are more pig headed than other countries.
ButtaKnife

Jan 16, 2006, 1:32 PM
Probably. People here are just dicks when they don't get their way.
celesticatfl

Jan 16, 2006, 2:08 PM
plus, most Americans don't seem to understand that cell phones are technological devices. Many times I have customers say "why do I have to take care of it, it's just a phone". yet I wonder how many of those folks throw around the TV or the stereo, or let the kids play with those.
alejandro

Jan 16, 2006, 5:14 PM
i had a customer who was upset because she dropped the phone once and the top (flip phone) stopped working while she already admitted that someone stepped on it as well she wanted to ask "Why, if i just drop it once would it not work?" I was so fed up with her after talking to her for 20 minutes that i just grabbed my phone, held it over the concrete and dropped it from 5" in the air, watched it hit and saw the battery and door fly in seperate directions and explained to her, it will not always happen, that you are playing a game of chance when you keep dropping your phone. i put my phone back together and turned it on, and that shut her up real good.
alejandro

Jan 16, 2006, 5:15 PM
5 feet, not inches, sorry.
ESmurf

Jan 14, 2006, 6:27 PM
I worked at Crookdale one day and i had a customer 'just looking' of course who just moved back to the states after a long leave in Japan... maybe some Crookdale-ians have talked to him too and know something...
kapwww

Jan 24, 2006, 2:34 PM
I hear that at least once a day...
Insert Witty Name Here

Jan 14, 2006, 5:04 PM
Or how much they pay every month. "I pay *you* guys $400 every month."
Don.Mike

Jan 14, 2006, 7:31 PM
people who have higher tier plans don't do that crap. i love the people who are like "i pay $40 every month to you guys, i think i deserve that LG9800 for free 6 months into my contract"
alejandro

Jan 14, 2006, 7:48 PM
i had a guy badger customer service and our retentions department to get the razr at a discount, he paid $200 per month and usually went over his minutes. i think the razr is the problem, it is like the rink in lord of the rings and makes people go insane for the power.

"you will let me have the precious for only $50 if i renew my contract right?"
Whitehorse

Jan 14, 2006, 10:41 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ Excellent observation! For many it doesn't take a Razr to cause this insanity.

I don't know which is more hilarious - Gollum talking about "My Precious" or Butters from SouthPark??? 😁
ButtaKnife

Jan 16, 2006, 1:33 PM
The Butterses knows where the video store is!

I did have a guy last month tell me that he deserved a new phone because he paid like $150 each month for his plan.
celesticatfl

Jan 16, 2006, 2:13 PM
It's like they forget about their side of the deal. We give you this phone and YOU STAY ON SERVICE WITH US FOR 2 YEARS. Why after 6 months do you think you've completed your part of that aggreement? DUH 🙄
Nikoletta

Jan 24, 2006, 4:10 PM
Well and do people honestly miss the part about how if they are paying $523,698,877 a month for their service it's not that they're just dumping money on us 'cause they like is, they are paying for a SERVICE. They get what they pay for and do not deserve anything extra or special just because they think they are a special and unique SNOWFLAKE!
captainplooky

Jan 16, 2006, 3:00 PM
Just outta curiousity, would you all get a chuckle out of a user calling in and starting the conversation like: "Hi, I'm Joe Consumer and I have one line with a monthly charge of about 50 bucks or so."?
celesticatfl

Jan 16, 2006, 4:26 PM
Sometimes people do call in and say that. Usually they tell me I have certain number of phones with you. That's when I menally say to myself. "And your point is..."
But the folks taht are price shopping for another carrier generally will say that as well. So I can tell the difference.
alejandro

Jan 16, 2006, 5:11 PM
it's the same thing, plooky just want to start a fight because he ran out of cheetos and diet mountain dew.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.