Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

RadioShack ills

crazyeaglefan236

Jan 3, 2006, 10:20 PM
Already had my first customer that came from Radio Shack. RS touted VZW's coverage and network up until the 1st. Now VZW's network is "lousy" and that is why RS cut ties with VZW. Also we are the only VZW dealer in a 30 mile radius but we are "crooks" and "gouge" people on price. These are words the lovely and honest folks from RS are coming up with. This from customers that have come into my store. I also mystery called the shack and asked about upgrading my phone. That is where I was told that VZW "sucks" and RS stopped selling VZW because of the horrible "network". I then said that I have been happy with their service and just wanted to upgrade my phone. I asked if there was a dealer in town and I was told, "Yes, but they are cro...
(continues)
djdelay

Jan 3, 2006, 10:24 PM
just think about it this way.....their Cingy's problem now. They still lie as much, but now you won't get people sent to you to fix their f.uck ups.
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 4, 2006, 9:22 AM
i have worked for verizon (hated it) and att (liked it but now gone) and now cingular (don't like as much) and i have always had a very healthy dis-like of dealers in gereral....they don't really know what their selling....they are shady......they lie and churn and cheat and steal....(so do lots of regular employee's)....but facts are as a customer i can go to a dealer and get what you or i sell cheaper and in thier eyes and that of which ever company....we are all the same company....verizon or cingular doens't care who or how a customer is signed up....just that they are and it's our collective companies that allow "dealers" to sell the same garbarge for less then they will let us sell it....then to top it off we as employees basically tak...
(continues)
freedomrep

Jan 4, 2006, 11:05 AM
The funny thing is is that I can tell the same stories ONLY about Corp. employees. I love the agent i work for and as I have said before I GUARNETEE we have had just as much training if not MORE than the corp. employees. I really am not interested in debating this issue with you. I just hope that you realize in the long run Corp. or Agent WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!!!
ccanady

Jan 4, 2006, 11:38 AM
excellent post. Most people always think us agents are dumb. lol one corporate store over here tells his customers I do not know what I am talking about. But this is coming from the same guy who tried to pair a BT headset to a phone for a customer and since they never sold that device he told the customer it did not work since he did not know hwo to work it. Customer came to me and I set it up no problem. Also the same guy who told me tech support lied about the nokia 6255i having MMS problems, lol. I have had customers pay the 200 dissconnect fee to leave their company before going to that corporate store.
dkhound

Jan 4, 2006, 12:17 PM
I have worked for a dealer for 5 years now and there is no way that I will ever work for a Cooperate office. Us dealers sell more per year then the Cooperate offices in SD. We have tons of people that perfer us then the cooperate people they say rude and stuck up. I guess that is why the cooperate office has a huge turn over in employees. We have 10 store here and 10 cooperate employees left to come work for us.
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 5, 2006, 10:55 AM
see in my area it's competely differnt...everyone leaves the dealers to come work for the corporate stores be it verizon, cingular, tmobile, sprextel or whatever.....
soldmysoul4cellular

Jan 5, 2006, 10:53 AM
you are right we are on the same team....i understand this....i know all area's of country i.e. markets are different...but in my market...i have had really nothing but bad experiences from dealers.....won't name any but we droped our problem last july....not that im happy to be picking up radio shack from a sales perspective...i think they are gonna hurt my $$$ like everyother dealer...but thats life..im over it.....to tired to fight any more....
ColdWhiteLight

Jan 4, 2006, 10:54 AM
I would expect nothin but the WORST from the Shack. As a matter of fact I worked for SC Kiosks (Radioshack owns kiosks in most of the Sam's Club locations in the US). We carried Cing, TMO, and Sprint. I tell you that it was the most unprofessional environment out there. We had a guy who was stealing money from customer's by fixing the prices on the phones to make them look 20-40 dollars more than they were, and then telling them that we took either cash or check, and since we work off commission to write the check out to SC Kiosk/Mr. Crook. So Mr. Crook would go to the bank, cash the check, pocket the extra money and then deposit the money the next business day. So when I called in to report this to my managers they said "Whatever it takes t...
(continues)
donthateme...theydo

Jan 5, 2006, 3:52 AM
The real reason RS dropped VZW is the facted they hated that more phone were coming out of their stores then the corp. store and why the stoped pushing upgrades thur and trying to get the customer to go in to their own store so that they could be "helped".
pete1660

Jan 5, 2006, 11:11 AM
English? If you're going to give the "real" reason, you might want to study a little harder next time in English class. Your post made my eyes bleed a little.
johnnybmagic

Jan 5, 2006, 10:19 PM
donthateme...theydo said:
The real reason RS dropped VZW is the facted they hated that more phone were coming out of their stores then the corp. store and why the stoped pushing upgrades thur and trying to get the customer to go in to their own store so that they could be "helped".

Is this post in english??
duckbutter

Jan 6, 2006, 9:41 AM
donthateme...theydo said:

huh?
newhire05

Jan 6, 2006, 8:07 PM
lol your name is duckbutter 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.