Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Not Authorized

djdelay

Nov 10, 2005, 4:49 PM
I can't believe what some of these people say to me on the phone.

Gentleman (in the loosest sense of the word) calls in:

Me: Sir, are you an authorized user on the account?

Him: Yes. Yes I am.

Me: Well, I do need to verify this. It will take 1-2 minutes, do you mind holding?

Him: Well I don't have any choice now do I? You're gonna waste 5 minutes of my time either way aren't you?

Me: It should only be 1-2 minutes.

Him: Well how about this...lets start over and you pretend that my name is XXXXXXX (female account holder).

Me: Sir, that would be fraud.

Him: Fine then, hurry the hell up.

- At this time, I indeed verify that he is not authorized on this account.

Me: Hello, Sir? Thank you for holding. Unfortunat...
(continues)
celesticatfl

Nov 10, 2005, 5:10 PM
Oh let's not forget the ones that come in and say'But I'm the one that pays the bill! why can't you tell me anything?" and you tell them again..you're not the account holder! Do they not understand the Privacy act? 🙄
Shelle
djdelay

Nov 10, 2005, 5:25 PM
It's crazy....these people ask us to change everything on an account they aren't even authorized on, but if we did it for someone else to their account.....you had better believe they would sue.
Fenix1003

Nov 10, 2005, 6:51 PM
I am disapointed of u 2, its easy, they are stupid, or are trying to do orders by fraud
djdelay

Nov 10, 2005, 6:53 PM
duh....
Fenix1003

Nov 10, 2005, 6:56 PM
I love the one that is not auth, cannot verify address, AND pays the bill so he demands to do a RRQ
djdelay

Nov 10, 2005, 6:59 PM
yeah....or the occasional person that tries to change their voice temporarily to pretend they are the auth user, just to authorize themselves.
Fenix1003

Nov 10, 2005, 7:02 PM
LOL have not had one of those yet
Fenix1003

Nov 10, 2005, 7:08 PM
or the guy that has NEVER heard of the deductible, or the guy that wants to pick up the phone at a store
danclang

Nov 10, 2005, 11:50 PM
Man comes into store right after we opened. Sits down at my pod

Man:"How can I get a cross reference a number and verify when an account was suspended?"

Rep: What do you mean cross reference a number sir?

Man: I mean I give you the number and you tell me when the account was canceled.

Rep: Are you the account holder?

Man: No. Does it matter?

Rep: Yes. We do not give out information to non-account holders.

Man: What do you mean you don't? All numbers are public, I can look up the phonebook for Bellsouth's number and cross reference that.

Rep: Sir, I am sorry. But our company does not print a directory and besides we want to afford our customers some privacy.

Man: That's you guys suck. ALL THE OTHER COMPANIES DO. TH...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.