show all 12 replies

they had to be a "shopper"

csouthgal

Nov 9, 2005, 6:31 PM
ok let me tell you this true story
a customer comes in asking questions about what type of plans we offer
"ok sir how many minutes do you think youll be using in a month"
-oh average
and whats average to you, to one person that could mean 1000 to you that could be 300
-just average
um ok, do you do alot of traveling
-yeah
and how much travel do you do
-oh average
(hold on aminute what the hell is average?? im not a psychic i dont read minds, how can i tell you what is best for you if you dont tell me what you need?)
the whole conversation goes on like this until finally they take a flyer and they go off into there average little world
what is the deal with these people 👿
computerking

Nov 9, 2005, 6:37 PM
hehe hmmm hehe

We have customers like that, they are called mystery shoppers. If your not familiar with the term, they are a hired company that pose as a customer to evaluate your service and knowledge. Then grades you like your in school and turns the grade into you district managers.

They are a pain in the a**, I had one earlier this month.
csouthgal

Nov 9, 2005, 6:40 PM
yeah i am fully aware, but come on, they are given a freaking script to go by in our company that tells them exactly how many minutes how many phones etc. this person was just a bo bo head in the fullest sense of the word
we got shopped too, and our GREAT manager FAILED horribly, and they of course dont take accountability and had it thrown out, if it was me i would have been lectured FOREVER
computerking

Nov 9, 2005, 7:35 PM
My manager was like you got shopped, he showed me the sheet. I got 46%, and then he was like dont worry about, those things are bull sh** anyways. My boss is great.
computerking

Nov 9, 2005, 7:36 PM
Actually we are an agent, and he's the owner of our business. So ya.
Nikoletta

Nov 9, 2005, 7:42 PM
When I worked at the amusement park we would get a lot of the mystery shoppers... or at least I got a lot of the review on them because I was mentioned twice one season as the most outstanding employee they encountered... most of that was probably due to the fact that I was very very bored out there most of the time and any time somebody actually came up to buy admission from me it was exciting (they liked to have me close which meant mostly I read a book or played on my laptop that I kept hidden behind the register or waved at people leaving.)
Fluffhead

Nov 10, 2005, 3:39 PM
"Hi! How are you today?"
-Oh, pretty good
"What can I help you with?"
-Oh, just looking around
"Ah, okay, are you looking for anything in particulay?"
-No, just looking around for now
"Okay then, well if you have any questions please feel free to ask."
-Alright
*a few minutes pass...*
"So, see anything that interests you?"
-No, not really interested in anything here
"Oh, well, I'm sorry to hear that. We do have a few new phones coming in soon."
-Thats great and all, but I'll probably just check it out at another store.
"Oh, alright then.."
-Say, do you have a business card?
"Sure, right here."
-Okay, thanks! Bye!
"Have a nice day!"

And then he gave me a 25%, because I apparently did not offer any assistance nor explain an...
(continues)
GILDAR

Nov 10, 2005, 5:38 PM
Or mabey other body parts.... 😈
bugzzz333

Nov 11, 2005, 12:20 PM
🤣 i think i had that same shopper in here yesturday!
axess_denied

Nov 9, 2005, 9:38 PM
It could have been an "average" shopper, but typically they have to give you information that helps you, as a rep., show that you are practicing what your company preaches. Hope he isn't your shopper or your visit may have been "average." 😛
phatbasstard

Nov 10, 2005, 11:35 AM
my store got "shopped" this week and these people are for the most part "not the brightest" the report came back for a "marc" the person spoke to "mike" he had a name tag and gave her a card.when we told them we have no marc the sent the report back with the correct name
danclang

Nov 10, 2005, 11:54 PM
Average travel!! Kills me. We had one shopper who was so obvious that we did everything we were suppose to. But when the scores came back low, we refuted her claims and SHE WAS FIRED!!!!!! 🤣
aemsafd

Nov 11, 2005, 12:12 PM
I once had a shop that went very well. I recieved a 100, and my boss used it as a training example to the other thirty stores in our area. Here's the best part:

I didn't recommend Verizon!

Based on the story he told me, I actually felt Sprint was better for him. I presented him with both carriers, and gave him the information to make his choice. Because I gave him all the information about Verizon, I got every category with a perfect score.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.