Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Charge backs

cellnuts

Nov 5, 2005, 6:57 PM
Ok so how many of you get charge backs when a customer cancels within 6 months or activating?

I think that this is total bull sh@t!!
And its even worse when they want to take your commissions if they go to collections because the customer decided that they didn't want to pay there bill. How is that fair. We did our job we sold the plan the customer was obviously happy because they didn't cancel but we are the ones that pay for the stupid trashy people in this country that live off welfare and file bankruptcy or commit insurance fraud and collect disability for the rest of there lives.

anyways, i was just wondering if my company was the only one that did this.

and besides isn't that what early termination fees are for?
So its not ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Nov 5, 2005, 7:02 PM
I believe all companies have chargeback period. I know at my previous job it was six months, and the job I have now is also six months. It does suck that they have to do that, but it is a risk you take when selling cellphones. The company has to recoup the cost. It's even worse for indirect dealers because they end up losing money on the phone. If someone cancels and never returns the phone, the store loses commissions plus the price of the phone. If people stopped being jackasses this would never happen. That'll be the day.
alejandro

Nov 5, 2005, 7:04 PM
the day people in this country stop being jackasses is the day after the end of the world, because when aliens come down to kill us all people will be lined up at my kiosk telling me they want their money back for thier phone because since there is the destruction of earth impending that they dont believe we lived up to "our part of the bargain"
craptacularwireless

Nov 5, 2005, 7:06 PM
lol 🤣 It'll be like the run on banks back in the days of the Great Depression.
alejandro

Nov 5, 2005, 7:12 PM
nah, because the banks would have been fine if people didnt rush on them. we would still be in deep crap if the world was about to end.
craptacularwireless

Nov 5, 2005, 7:15 PM
You're right. I don't think we'd be in deep crap, we'd be getting what we deserve. 🤣
pete1660

Nov 5, 2005, 7:28 PM
Actually in some contracts there is a condition where they cannot return equipment due to times of war (civil or any other). So if (or when, depending on your view of the universe) the aliens come to attack, I'd think that'd fall under those conditions. Alas, they'd still try to return the phones anyways.
alejandro

Nov 5, 2005, 7:35 PM
you are not understanding something... the fact that someone would even worry about that... I do not want to be here explaining to people the terms of the contracts while i am about to be eaten by space invaders.
craptacularwireless

Nov 5, 2005, 8:11 PM
lol Alejandro treats for the Aliens. 🤣
Amy55

Nov 5, 2005, 8:25 PM
Hmm aliens hey? You guys need to check this site out then.

http://www.raelianmovement.org »
daddydogg_00

Nov 5, 2005, 11:59 PM
At Alltel it is also 6 months but down here in Florida I have heard t-mobile is 13 Months!!! Western Wireless I heard was 9 months but now that they are a part of Alltel that will go down to 6.
alejandro

Nov 5, 2005, 7:03 PM
just another way to make money but i think every company does that, i thought someone said western wireless salespeople had to wait almost a year, something like 300 days.
craptacularwireless

Nov 5, 2005, 7:05 PM
Doamn, that's a long ass chargeback period! That bites! We activate phones here at my store, but we're primarily a service and repair center so we don't really rely on the commissions we get when we activates phones. Too much risk.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.