Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

other carriers charges.

christmaswhistler

Oct 28, 2005, 7:25 PM
Howdy I work for Cingular care as a manager and I keep hearing that other carriers charge customers to speak to customer care anywhere from 1$ to 5$ is this true? 😲 If not then count me gullible because the way the American big business is going it I believe it may be can you guys set me straight? I would like to know.
Thanks EH! 🙂
USCELLGIRL

Oct 29, 2005, 1:53 PM
im with USCC and we dont charge our customers to call customer care. thats silly. 😁
cellnuts

Oct 29, 2005, 5:13 PM
i work for another carrier thats not us cellular and i have never heard of such a thing,

maybe they mean that if they call from there cell phone it uses there mintues?? i dont know but someones pulling your chain
everman

Oct 29, 2005, 5:24 PM
Sprint used to charge for customer service, though they have abandoned that practice.
Amy55

Oct 29, 2005, 8:30 PM
Your not crazy. I'm from EH country too and I heard the same thing. Apparently one of the major carriers may be charging to call customer care in the new year. I think it was Verizon but don't quote me on that. I know that Sprint got rid of that because they lost a lot of customers because of it.
cinguservzwcc

Oct 29, 2005, 11:11 PM
I know that since i have been working at vzw, almost a year, we dont charge for customer service. But I hear repeatedly that sprint...does..or did. I know nextel does not either, worked there for almost 2 yrs. and cingular has not charged me yet.
Nikoletta

Oct 30, 2005, 2:10 PM
Not only does T-Mobile NOT do that, they don't use minutes if you dial the short dialing version from your mobile phone.
cadillacman1986

Oct 30, 2005, 2:12 PM
With Verizon, you can call the 800 number OR the 611 number and neither will use your minutes up. I have not heard anything about charging for cc calls, as we really stress on the free call issue.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.