Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Health Insurance

Buffo

Oct 10, 2005, 12:28 PM
She: _But I'm telling you there is a crack on the housing of the antenna
I: _Of course, and you also told me that you can pull up the antenna perfectly and that the phone is not malfunctioning in any kind of way. We do not cover cosmetic issues and a "no problem found diagnosis" would be considered fraud. So that's why I'm not able to replace the phone, as much as I would love to.
She: _But it's cracked! It's exposed!
I: _Oh, sorry, I thought you said it was cracked, remember that a hole in the surface of the phone is a sign of misuse.
She: _No! There is no hole!
I: _I apologize, I misunderstood. I thought the phone was exposed.
She: _No... The RADIATION! My brother in law has a brain tumour, and the same thing could happen to me ...
(continues)
EvilOrangeJello

Oct 10, 2005, 12:41 PM
Quality. Arbitrary studies like this are why people should never watch the news. Someone should do calculations to see how much radiation is emitted by other common devices and contrast / compare with cellular devices.
Designer

Oct 10, 2005, 1:39 PM
Agreed
A cell phone puts out .6 Watts. Some two-way radios put out 5 watts
People seem to think you have a microwave oven to your head. There are plenty of articles out there on the subject, just search the web. Of course there is risk to exposure but it is over a long period of time, like with anything. You have more of a risk spending a day in the sun at the beach. You could of told her to put SPF 30 around her ear and she would of done it 😎
ollywolf

Oct 13, 2005, 8:16 PM
Might want to tell her that she may not want to stand to close to the microwave as well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.