Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Numbers >.

Nikoletta

Oct 5, 2005, 6:38 PM
Numbers are everywhere in our type of job...agent number, model number, social security number, phone number, address... and people make it even more difficult.

It's bad enough that the connection you're calling me on sounds worse than a early 90's 'cellular phone' but let's exacerbate the situation by being lazy when you read me you numbers.

Instead of One Seven it's Senteen

Five Three becomes Fidytree

I had one who read the number 1770 not as One Seven Seven Zero but Senteensendy

Even when they enunciate clearly and say Seventeen it can be confusing and if the con is bad it's even worse, I just wish people would say one number at a time...then maybe they wouldn't have to get all mad because I have to ask them to repeat thems...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Oct 5, 2005, 6:58 PM
things like seventeen are really bad when your typeing them. someone is reading or saying numbers really fast and you start typeing 7 and then they say "teen" are you just messed up now.
axess_denied

Oct 6, 2005, 11:24 AM
No doubt! There is a huge cross section of people that shop in our store. Unfortunately, a lot of these customers (black and white) suffer from the same speech impediment - "I thinks it be called Ebonics." I do not understand why it is necessary to use the slang that you and your friends use in EVERY conversation you have. It is hard enough to understand many of these people since they don't annunciate AT ALL. Why do they make us try to interpret the busted jargon that all these people hear on crappy rap albums?
beenthere

Oct 6, 2005, 11:26 AM
foh shizzle my rizzle 😎 🤣
Nikoletta

Oct 6, 2005, 11:59 AM
What makes that so funny is the fact that I listen to a LOT of rap (mostly mainstream stuff but some more hardcore when I'm in the mood) and they enunciate a HECK of a lot better in those than the idiots who call in.
beenthere

Oct 6, 2005, 12:28 PM
fur rizzle mynizzle? Wuz up wit dat alls yas gottast do is take out those there vowls in a couple of wurds
djdelay

Oct 6, 2005, 7:00 PM
yalls gots any of dem churp fones?
EvilOrangeJello

Oct 6, 2005, 12:40 PM
themike314

Oct 6, 2005, 7:07 PM
😕
Nikoletta

Oct 6, 2005, 8:53 PM
There be nuthin there yo.
daddydogg_00

Oct 6, 2005, 10:19 PM
For such an ignant post that was hilarious guys keep it up I dare ya!! LOL ROFL 🤣
(NO flames I am not being sarcastic!)
Nikoletta

Oct 6, 2005, 11:04 PM
That was the point silly. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.