Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

Scheduling Bull $h!t

Nikoletta

Sep 26, 2005, 5:09 PM
Is this a universal epidemic or is it just a problem here in our call center?

I'm trying to get my schedule changed for 2 months now and I'm about ready to pull my hair out in clumps.

I normally work Sat and Sun 9-6, and Mon - Weds 11-8. Two months ago I found out a guy who was convicted of a pretty nasty crime had moved in to the apartment next door to me and I became a little edgy, my mom more so, and I decided I needed to be taking some self-defense classes...I also realized that coming home at 8pm and having to walk the long distance from my garage to my apartment alone and after dark on a regular basis was a bad idea. (I'm not a party girl, I generally stay home when I'm not at work or school so I am not out late usually.) So ...
(continues)
Fenix1003

Sep 26, 2005, 5:56 PM
man, thats crappy, do u gusy have shift bids?
Nikoletta

Sep 26, 2005, 6:14 PM
Nope. It's worse seeing these punk kids who don't care about their jobs in the first place come in and two months after starting on they say they need the full weekend off (plus Thurs and Friday) because they're on the Basketball team and school and getting it and I can't get ONE weekend day off for a self defence class. Or this one was worse, one of the gals I was working with (as a mentor) who had just gotten out of training (that week, she had been on the phones 3 days) had Satuday off. I almost hit somebody. My Aunt (who works in our admin dept) is a SAINT because she lets me take my temper out on her and doesn't hold it against me.
Fenix1003

Sep 26, 2005, 6:56 PM
i totally undwerstand how u feel 🙂
ollywolf

Sep 26, 2005, 10:19 PM
It was either that or have you beat me up. 😉
Nikoletta

Sep 26, 2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah 'cause I'm big and scary and I'm'a Ninja! 😎
ollywolf

Sep 26, 2005, 10:56 PM
Your a ninja my butt
Nikoletta

Sep 27, 2005, 2:14 PM
I'm gonna Karate-chop you! 😎
ollywolf

Sep 29, 2005, 11:53 PM
I am so not scared
m0nsterzer0

Sep 28, 2005, 12:58 PM
she could be if they would give her saturday off for the defense class 😁
Nikoletta

Sep 28, 2005, 1:02 PM
EXACTLY! And my logistics department told me instead of doing the class I should just find a different place to live...What? Maggots
danielson

Sep 28, 2005, 1:12 PM
i would tell them if that's their answer that they can pay for your moving costs and breaking your lease ( if you're in one) and find you another place live
Nikoletta

Sep 28, 2005, 1:31 PM
That was my response...sure you guys can pay out the remaining 6 months on my lease, and give me the money to pay for the move AND because I'm mid-contract I loose my Security Deposit and my pet deposit AND they may have to make up the difference between my current apartment and the new one because it's very hard to find an apartment that will take my cat. Maybe they could just get my schedule changed.
danielson

Sep 28, 2005, 1:35 PM
Either that or find a new job that will accommodate you're scheduling needs
Fenix1003

Sep 28, 2005, 1:43 PM
i have an idea of what cane we "DO" with ur cat

some cat souffle really sounds yummy for some Cambodian people i know
Vox Dei

Sep 27, 2005, 2:58 PM
Then why are you taking self defence classes ;)
Nikoletta

Sep 27, 2005, 3:09 PM
😲 Umb... dangit, foiled again. 😁
CDMAAOK

Sep 27, 2005, 1:12 AM
shift bids blow, i have mine this wednesday, i'm not worried but i always get the sick feeling. 🤭
Fenix1003

Sep 27, 2005, 10:26 AM
i know what u mean, i love my current shift i would hate to lose it
Nikoletta

Sep 27, 2005, 1:52 PM
Once we get a shift we can keep it pretty much forever but the hard part is getting the shift and then they can come ask us why we can't change to a shift they want and we have to have a decent reason to tell them to shove off (You little maggots!)
ollywolf

Oct 1, 2005, 3:30 PM
We use to have shift bids almost every six months depending on business needs, but lately they like us to keep the hours they want us to keep 😈
lorilicious

Sep 26, 2005, 6:32 PM
UGH nikoletta! that blows! Thank God I got a decent schedule, I hate getting home late 👿 I would definitelly try again or speak to human resources IF NECESSARY.
Nikoletta

Oct 2, 2005, 10:56 AM
Finally! The Maggots (After over 2 months of steadfastly refusing to do it) finally managed to get their heads out of their collective rear ends and process my schedule change.
lorilicious

Oct 2, 2005, 4:10 PM
yay go niko!
themike314

Oct 2, 2005, 4:14 PM
You made the impossible happen.

You must have magical powers.
Nikoletta

Oct 2, 2005, 4:49 PM
I threatened to kick them in the head... actually, I went and stood outside the one manager's door and asked him if it was done yet every single day until he did it just to get me to leave him alone. 🤣
ollywolf

Oct 4, 2005, 9:59 PM
Yeah she can be a major bug when she wants to. I am thinking about keeping a fly swatter with me now 🤣
Nikoletta

Oct 5, 2005, 10:58 AM
You started it.
ollywolf

Oct 6, 2005, 9:35 PM
Did not. Prove it
Nikoletta

Oct 6, 2005, 9:49 PM
I have witnesses.
ollywolf

Oct 7, 2005, 6:09 PM
For some odd reason I have a hard time believing that
EvilOrangeJello

Oct 10, 2005, 12:44 PM
Status update requested.
ollywolf

Oct 13, 2005, 9:34 PM
Niki is happy now that she got her hours changed

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.