Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Oh Dear God

Nikoletta

Sep 4, 2005, 3:01 PM
I just had... incredible, I can't believe this crap. I am so stunned by the sheer stupidity of this caller that I can't think straight. He called us (in telesales) to order a new pre-paid kit...but of course doesn't have his own credit card...how does he expect to pay for this??? But that isn't what baffled and stuns me... I explained that I did in fact need a credit or debit card in his name or I would need to speak with the person who's name is on any card he might give me. He then proceeded to ask me if his boyfriend's card would work and I repeated that I would then need to speak with his boyfriend...then he asked if he could use his brother's card. I told him, a third time, that I would then need to speak with his brother. He paus...
(continues)
flatlandinpunk17

Sep 4, 2005, 3:37 PM
ha ha that is really funny... ok ok this is a great one i work for Cingular Wireless and i had a person call and try to sell me a company account for Verizon wireless. i answered the phone "thank you for calling Cingular Wireless" and the person on the phone said yes i would like to talk to you about setting up an account with your company with verizon wireless

1. i stated first i worked for cingular wireless

2. where i am at verizon is not sold because they have no towers they are roaming off of U.S. Cellular

i preceded to tell this person that i work for cingular and they give their employees a company phone and im just a sales person. and they where like so you are not interested may i speak to the person who could make such deci...
(continues)
jerrydock

Sep 5, 2005, 9:11 AM
They are just following a script. Much the same way a lot of care reps do when our customers call in.

Use your brains...put the script in the drawer.
alejandro

Sep 5, 2005, 2:38 PM
are you in roanoke or something?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.