Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Cingular Reps, a question for you!

iloveMOTOV300

Sep 2, 2005, 10:03 AM
Cingular Reps,

Today I applied to join Cingular's team as a retail rep because I love the wireless industry and I want a career in it.

I would like to know if the pay is somewhat decent and if you earn commission on a base salary? Plus do you have employee discounts on your Cingular service? I currently have T-Mobile but if I am hired by Cingular I am going to drop T-Mobile and join the largest GSM network in America. Can you all give me any info? Thank you all SOOO much!!! 😁
tadams

Sep 2, 2005, 12:30 PM
It depends on who you work for. I work for an authorized agent, and I get hourly + commission. At our busiest store, the average rep makes about $400 a week or more. From what I have heard, corporate is the same, but not as much hourly. I DO NOT get a discount on my service. Some Authorized agents can offer a discount though, so that is not for all of them. Corporate employees do recieve a discount. You will make an excellent rep. Good luck.
tyheon

Sep 2, 2005, 1:11 PM
you have the potential to earn way more than $400 a week. if you're good at what you do and are HONEST with customers, you can do really well for yourself.
tadams

Sep 2, 2005, 2:43 PM
I didn't say that was her max. I was just stating that is about an average for some stores around here.
axess_denied

Sep 3, 2005, 10:28 AM
Cingular Reps are bargained, meaning they are protected by the CWA (Communication Workers of America) Union. Your hourly pay at full time is usually more than 9 dollars with commission on top of that. You are guaranteed to work 45+ hours a week at MOST corporate retail stores in MOST markets.
When it comes to service however, you may want to do some research. Cingular's "All-Over" networtk has proven to be a bit of a mis-nomer. While they do support the LARGEST GSM network in America, it has continually earned rankings as the 3rd or 4th highest QUALITY network while T-Mobile has ranked #1 NATIONALLY (Rated by RCR Weekly and JD Powers and Assoc.) Think twice about switching your service (and take it from an ex-Cingular employee, before wo...
(continues)
levi_strauss

Sep 3, 2005, 4:27 PM
wow, if verizon corporate stores are anything like that, im getting the short end of the stick. i work at an authroized agent location in a mall and make commission only. and trust me were not that busy.
iloveMOTOV300

Sep 3, 2005, 8:02 PM
I did apply to T-Mobile, but based on that stupid online personality assessment bullshit they are not even offering me an interview!!! Not even for the Sales Rep position!!!!
axess_denied

Sep 5, 2005, 5:06 PM
Those assessments are pretty basic... Have you ever worked in wireless before? That test asks about a lot of things that you will encounter DAILY in this industry, it is a good way for companies to match personnel with the job.
flatlandinpunk17

Sep 4, 2005, 3:41 PM
working for cingular is great where i am at i make great hourly + commission, free rateplans, free employee line, i say go for it if you can get in and t-mobile where i am at just roams off our towers. but thats all just were i work...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.