Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

I"VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER!!

lil_lara

Aug 9, 2005, 12:44 PM
ARG!! I hate it when people scream that. I had this woman who wanted to upgrade her husbands phone on her family share line.
Turns out that the account was in her husbands name. Therefore, for verification, I need his social security number, and not to menchon his signiture. (i'm verizon, we have electronic signiture pads) so she gets SOOO mad at me. I'm like miss, maybe if you called your husband and asked him if he could speak with me...

well thats out of the question, how could I possiblly even think to ask to speak with her husband! and she screams I"VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER YOU SHOULDN"T NEED ANY DAMN SOCIAL SECUIRTY NUMBER I"M GOING TO CINGULAR.

I asked "are you going to cancel your service?"
she said "YES"
I say "would you l...
(continues)
Tail

Aug 9, 2005, 1:21 PM
Yikes, perish the thought that we'd need to have the account holder authorize an upgrade on THEIR account! It's almost as if we don't want to have fraudulent purchases being made and then having the real account holder cancel/sue! What's this world coming to?! 🙂
repCB

Aug 9, 2005, 3:03 PM
lil_lara said:
I"VE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER YOU SHOULDN"T NEED ANY DAMN SOCIAL SECUIRTY NUMBER I"M GOING TO CINGULAR.

She's gonna be pissed when Cingular asks for the social. Should I send our reps a heads up? 🙂
phipsi95

Aug 9, 2005, 3:25 PM
why is it that husbands and wives just assume that they can make any change they want to their spouse's account simply because they are married? i just don't get it. if you are going to be the one who makes the decisions and changes to the account then get it in your own name!
bigoltexasboy

Aug 10, 2005, 2:29 PM
Actually, most husbands that I have dealt with just accept that they aren't authorized or are limited as authorized contacts.

It's the wives that usually go balistic when they are told they can't do something on their husbands account.

Kind of one of those what'd your's is mine and what's mine is mine. 🤣
Vox Dei

Aug 10, 2005, 2:37 PM
My GF always tells me that...Of course i tell her that when i dump her i'm taking all that's mine back 😛
hellfire666

Aug 11, 2005, 8:59 AM
it's because of utility services. most utilities allow spouse to make changes.
Vox Dei

Aug 12, 2005, 2:46 PM
Maybe if you can verify it or if they have been preauthorized. It's also a little more more of a security issue with cell phones. Most people don't mind their wife asking 'Is he leaving the lights on at night?' but they would mind if she could ask 'Is he calling his mistress every day?' I don't know about other companys but with Cingular (or atleast AWS) in the T&C say they won't give out any information unless they have the SSN and will give it out to anyone that has the SSN. This is both a policy to protect the company from any wrongdoing and a promise to the client to protect his personal information. The clien may wish his spouse to acess his information but the company does not know that untill he says so. he may not want his wife...
(continues)
timslo

Aug 18, 2005, 7:36 PM
What's even more frustrating is when they say, "Well the store on (different location) let me, why can't you?"
Having to go through and explain someone else's mistake sucks, and doesn't make the company as a whole look to good.
Nikoletta

Aug 9, 2005, 6:01 PM
🤣 We get those a lot here too, where they want to add a line but want us to waive the activation fee. They start harping on how long they've been with us and how they've paid X amount of money to us and shouldn't have to pay an activation fee because we should be making deals for our existing customers to encourage them to stay (then the new customers say we should do the same thing to encourage them to switch over...whatever) I told one woman. "Mam, I work here and I paid the activation fee...on both of my lines. Stop whining."

When they start harping like that about how long they've been with us I want to say "Congratulations, do you want a medal?"
santasbluehelper

Aug 9, 2005, 10:32 PM
I work with the legacy attws customers. everytime I here the I'm a loyal customer BS, I'm temted to piont out that they have been cingular customers for 10 moonths, and perviousely they were with another carrier.

My line has go to be though:
"WE HAVE BEEN LOYAL CUSTOMERS FOR 9 YEARS SINCE 1999."
craptacularwireless

Aug 10, 2005, 1:09 AM
How about the customers who come up and want to take a look at their accounts and don't even know who's name it's under?

They say, "I think it's under my name, but it could be under my husbands. I don't know. Does it matter?" Does it matter? Of course it does, why else would I be asking?

"Can't you just look it up with the phone number?"

"No, the system doesn't work like that. I need your phone number and the last 4 digits of the account holder's SSN." I then try their number and sure enough it's under her husband's name.

"Why isn't my name on the account?"
"Well, ma'am, your husband opened the account giving his information and only he can upgrade the phone or add a line. I'm sorry."

"I don't think that's right!"

God...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 10, 2005, 1:39 PM
Oh yes, I've heard that one. Another favorite of mine is "I'm on the account."(Because we do allow the primary user to add other people...and those other people can make changes to the account, upgrade handsets, and do almost anything the primary can...except add a line.) Again...what do you want? A medal? I'm still not adding the line without speaking to your husband/wife/sister/cousin/friend... It's ILLEGAL...because we're talking about accessing credit information here. People get really steamed about that... And I try, I say 'is that person available, I just need to read them a bitty piece of legal text.' I offer to call that person and conference them in.

People also get pissy when we ask for their Social for adding lines...that...
(continues)
elephantman

Aug 19, 2005, 4:18 PM
Usually when dealing w/these customers, I just start talking about socks.
cellhell

Aug 19, 2005, 4:21 PM
😲 SOCKS? Do they have SOX appeal then or what?
John Bunyan

Aug 19, 2005, 4:21 PM
If I had a dime for everytime a customer said that... I'd be a millionaire! I'd buy Cingular and Verizon and make GAIC! That would be GSM interoperability with CDMA. In your face suckers!
cellhell

Aug 19, 2005, 4:25 PM
WOW John you are very bright!!! Thank goodness there is spellcheck on here for you on those large words!!!
Renegade_Fart

Aug 20, 2005, 12:12 PM
I like to tell the customer I caught a fist in my mouth during a fight.... And crushed it with my jaw.
John Bunyan

Aug 20, 2005, 12:14 PM
Save big money at Menards!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.