Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Cust Serv Reps....Dealers are not stupid

MasterRyan

Aug 4, 2005, 1:37 PM
Just thought you should know that. I am sick of calling in for an already heated customer and having the rep get heated at me. I have worked for several wireless stores and I have a little knowledge. So please I beg of you go easy on us and quit taking your problem customers out on us.
Thank you
madpuffcalm

Aug 4, 2005, 4:43 PM
Well thats just something that comes with being an in store rep man. To be honest the reason it happens so often to you is because although you are probably a very credible rep, many of you instore coworkers are not. Either shady, or ignorant, they seem to screw us more than help. I mean you have to just adjust. Cant take the heat get outta the crematorium.
MasterRyan

Aug 4, 2005, 5:35 PM
It is not that I cant take the heat. If it was that I would be long gone. I am just saying in the nicest way, There is no reasone to raise your voice to a dealer when he is being very polite. Dont take you bad days out on us.

I understand that some dealers are not all there and a little shady, but I am not. If I am polite then you should be too.
Darque

Aug 4, 2005, 11:31 PM
I agree with you on that but i have had a call from a dealer and when I put the call on mute to investigate and he thinks he's on hold tell the customer you have to really get mad and yell at us to get us to do anything well that is just bad for all of us.
MasterRyan

Aug 5, 2005, 10:28 AM
That is bad. I would never or have never done that. It has been my experience that the nicer you are the more you get. I understand that shady dealers suck.
The thing is I was being very nice, and I got yelled at and hung up on before I could get the name. I soon found the problem to my own, finding out that I had to add a feature through a different program. All the rep had to do was explain why it could not be added. I admit I was not right in what I was calling about.

So I guess in this case I was the ignorant one. That doesnt mean you can treat me like an idiot.
texaswireless

Aug 5, 2005, 12:27 AM
Right back at you.

There is equal ineptitude amoung call center employees as well.
thespike66

Aug 5, 2005, 12:09 AM
It's not that we think that dealers are stupid. On the contrary, they all have more experience technically that us (meaning that I can help troubleshoot any phone, but I'm not sure I could programm one right in front of me).
It's only that dealers so often calls up CC for things that are impossible or that they should take to Distribution, not to us.
Once a customer told me that he went in a store to start service, gave all his credit information for the credit check, left as the rep told him it would take a day for the check to go through, and never heard about the rep again. Apparently the guy stole his info. I'm not sure if i'm beleiveing this, maybe the customer was giving me bs, but...

-Frenchie-
hellfire666

Aug 11, 2005, 9:27 AM
he probably went to elephant wireless 😳
christmaswhistler

Aug 11, 2005, 1:24 PM
I hate it when the dealers call cust care for cingular to get discounts on phones for customers that do not qualify. For cingular if a cust contract term is not met he must pay retail price and get the phone where? at a retail outlet! 👿 not customer care. We cannot give him discounted prices. Do your job so you loose the commission on activating the number you still get something for hte phone
DDA

Aug 6, 2005, 10:23 AM
And that my friend is why I love working with US Cellular.

Their call center personnel have always matched courtesy with courtesy. It is such a wonderful feeling. hehe, guess we can't all be so lucky.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.