Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Sorry I have too...

Link

Jul 21, 2005, 10:23 PM
Having a bad week, 5 escalations, 3 went through to sups, 2 that stopped at me.

One was for last month of service, customer had not used the phone for 4 months because he stated he was getting no service. Had an argument with a sup who refused to take the call and told me to credit it back to the customer. I didn't like this and spoke to another sup who stated to offer for the unused because $17.00 isn't worth an argument with a sup.

Moral of the story, if it is under $25.00, a sup will not argue about it. Supervisors, folding since 1992.

Other calls were just as dumb and credited back as well. I hate this.
FlyDog

Jul 21, 2005, 10:29 PM
Our supervisors
Weak, spineless little creatures
They're just like the French
santasbluehelper

Jul 21, 2005, 11:22 PM
You could always go to an ops manager. the sup should take the call, and if you don't feel comfortable giving a credit note the sups awid and/or have them issue the credit under their login.
thespike66

Jul 21, 2005, 11:34 PM

• Our supervisors
    Weak, spineless little creatures
    They're just like the French

• well, i'm not gonna fake being insulted cuz i'm really not, but you should take care of what your saying and where...

Anyway, back to subject, yeah, its disgusting how easily a sup will fold, even if you have the material necessary to prove that that credit would be against company policy. I used to say to sup (I'm prepaid res now, so i have few credits to issue) before explaining the situation how much i offered and made it very clear that it was my only offer. The sup should not burn you on it.

-Frenchie- (well i'm small and not very strong, but last time i checked i did have a spine)
    Link

Jul 21, 2005, 11:36 PM
    AH HA!!! I knew that comment by Flydog would get your goat. I was going to say in my post "Fold like the French" but I knew you would see it and reply.
    thespike66

Jul 22, 2005, 12:22 AM
    Nice... to be honest I really don't care. I'm 20 and 5.3 foot. In Quebec people made fun of me for being small. Here people make fun of me for my accent. No big difference, you learn to live with that.

Anyway, whenever somebody laugh at something I say, I make them try to pronounce "refrigerateur" correctly. Its hilarious.

And I never fold. That actually proved to be a problem when a played strip poker. Not a joke.

-Frenchie-
    Link

Jul 22, 2005, 12:24 AM
    HAHAHA 😁
    thespike66

Jul 22, 2005, 1:10 AM
    But you need to know the whole story. Me and my friend crashed this college party back in Quebec city, and while he knew everybody, i absolutly didn't which made me think that i could pretty much do anything stupid and never have shame about it.
    So me and my friend take this deck of card and start playing Bataille Bretonne, which is an hilarious speed game to play a 2 in the morning. So all those girls come in and say they want to play. yep. me was happy
    So after a while we started playing poker, and since we didn't have money, we get clothes. Of course I was almost entirely naked after 10 minutes. I somehow managed to stay until the end, and for the final turn, I proposed that averybody but the loser would actually have to take all their ...
    (continues)
    santasbluehelper

Jul 22, 2005, 5:44 PM
    Right now I'm debating between a couple of different builds for DnD character in my waives campign. I'm also working a 3 part module for my party. It should be a lot of fun. they can go after a missing PC through the forest of doom. They can chase after the BBEG and confront a centuries old vampire, or they can hunt for a missing wizard girl in the city they are currently in.

Hows that for off topic?
    captainplooky

Jul 22, 2005, 11:36 AM
    Why does this trouble you so?
    ralph_on_me

Jul 22, 2005, 4:38 PM
    (Good) Reps are trained to follow policy and never deviate from it. They have rules and standards to meet, one of which is avoiding escalations (transfers to supervisors). In an effort to cut down on transfers to sup's, they want all reps to give the same responses so everything is consistant. When a call is transferred to a sup, not only does it count against thier quota but it also makes the rep look ignorant when they were just following policy as dictated to them, when it's really the sup who's going against policy by handing out credits that the customer is legally obligated to pay.

In this case, the rep who answered the phone loses if they transfer and loses if they don't, since the customer will call back and the repeat call wil...
    (continues)
    ZombieJ

Jul 22, 2005, 11:24 PM
    we set up call backs for esc's. It's much better, and their is no transfer against us, since anything over 10% trans rate is considered Evil 🙄
    As far as res moving off policy... yea, that sucks. sometimes it's necessary though, other times they are being soft. But with this whole re-alignment of the billing policy has slown it down... It has at this Center anyway.
    Link

Jul 22, 2005, 11:38 PM
    I don't transfer calls to my sup, he just hops on my phone, then my call time goes up because of it.
    Link

Jul 22, 2005, 10:59 PM
    Well because I never have had this many escalations in one week. I hate sitting here listening to a customer dispute legit charges and then demanding a sup when my answer does not meet their demands. Trying to get them to listen to me when I tell them a sup is going to tell them the same thing, only to have a sup fold on policy.
    santasbluehelper

Jul 22, 2005, 11:13 PM
    I also makes it very hard for us reps to do our job if the sup will not stand by us when we try and enforce policy. Its kinda like when a child asks his mom for icecream and she says no wait for after dinner, and then the same kids asks his father 5 min later for icecream and he says ok.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.