Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

BARGAIN

worldwatcher

Mar 21, 2014, 3:58 PM
It bffles me when people try to get something from you even when their bargaining position is weak.

You are offered a plan that will save you over $50.00 monthly, give you more than you currently have and yet you still pull the "i get better offers from other carriers and i can cancel right now" card when you have ETF of over $1000 (Tax and service used not included) asking for more money. ๐Ÿ˜ก
Doom Wolf

Mar 22, 2014, 12:52 PM
I know that feeling, bro,
andrewbearpig

Mar 22, 2014, 3:51 PM
I know that feeling also.
Polterchrist

Mar 27, 2014, 1:19 PM
Let me preface, I mean no disrespect, but maybe you aren't explaining well enough or that the cust may just not trust you enough yet to pull the trigger. I've found that it helps just to straight up ask. Pose the question like this:
You: "I see that in total you will save approximately $50 a month or about $600/yr, let's go ahead and get started"
Cust: "I can get better deal at XX if I ask them, I'll go back and talk to them"
You: "I apologize sir, I must not be explaining our plans or benefits well enough. What would it take to earn your business today?"
A little cheesy I know but just trust. It works like Sex Panther.
worldwatcher

Mar 29, 2014, 9:02 AM
I really appreciate the advice. However the issue was not him not understanding.

After explaining everything to him and told him what his final balance would be he states that he got an offer to get the same plan and quoted an amount $20.00 lower than the amount i just told him he would pay and went on to say that he thinks i should give him another $100.00 credit. I mean ...
1) I seriously doubt that he was offered such price with a different carrier
2) He obviously was just a credit seeker
3) Had we didn't have a cancelation dept, i would have just told him to cancel and go get it the new plan he was offered and see if he really would have cancel. My guess. Not at all
Ohfrigginreally

May 5, 2014, 10:41 AM
I hate that speech people give. For a whole week ( no exaggeration) there was at least 2 ppl a day who would say that to someone on shift.
It got me so annoyed I asked the customer to please look around while I helped the next willing customer. ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿคจ
He asked me why, and I told him that I have to explain my time to the company, and if this " other " company was going to offer better what further was there to discuss?
Basket Case

May 31, 2014, 8:34 AM
I worked where we did have a cancellation department and when they gave their "give me what I want or I'm going to cancel" speech I would offer to get them to that department. Most of the time they would say no and want to bargain with me. Fortunately since they said they were going to cancel, I had to get them to that department for the "save" and they had no choice unless they hung up.
I didn't have the ability to give away service or phones, get off my phone. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.