Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

this is for cutomers who just ask for a sup before you can even say your name

jjnbbills

Jul 13, 2005, 4:17 AM
dear cust. please do not ask for a sup before you tell us what your issue is and there are many reasons for this... for one we know more than they do and two there job is not to talk to cust that is our job and what we are paid to do and three if you think the more you yell the more you will get think again, the nicer you are the more you get and also don't forget that you are talking to a person who has a life as well and when you are rude it does effect us on are moods and how we act. im sure you would not like it if you were at work and someone called yelling and saying how "you" did this and "you" did this when you have never talked to this person before so please if you call in and your mad and it is the cell comp fault let us fix it th...
(continues)
everman

Jul 13, 2005, 9:15 AM
that is the longest run-on sentence I have ever tried to read.
Use some punctuation
EXcingularslave

Jul 13, 2005, 11:52 AM
90 percent of the time the sup is just as unknowledgeable as the cust service rep anyway šŸ™‚
Vox Dei

Jul 13, 2005, 8:14 PM
Usually worse. I've had a couple of times where my sup has asked me to call a customer back and fix the problem. This was back when i was working for AWS. It when from my level up to the escalation desk then up to supervisor level then back down to me where i fixed it šŸ˜›.
BoomBoxing

Jul 13, 2005, 4:31 PM
You must be new, that sort of thing happens with a job like this. I usually tell irate supervisor demanders to tell me what why they need a sup before following through on that, if they refuse then I explain I can't get them a sup, and they hang up.

But I'm in sales not customer service so it's probably tons worse for you guys.
KCShadowDragon

Jul 13, 2005, 5:31 PM
I never let them talk to a sup if those are teh first words out of their mouth.

Sups have no more permission to do anything than I do. They just have the right to tell you that you are being an a$$.
Vatothe0

Jul 13, 2005, 6:50 PM
Sups have a bigger credit limit before it has to move up the chain. Not that it limits the credits you can give, but still.
KCShadowDragon

Jul 13, 2005, 6:58 PM
Doesn't ultimately matter. Someone barking that loud doesn't deserve any sort of credit in the first place.

If they want to be reasonable then it's reasonable to issue credits. If they start bit*hing immediately they are trying to make wave to get soemthing for nothing.

Been in retail and cust service way too long. These are my opinions.
themike314

Jul 13, 2005, 7:57 PM
It holds true in other areas, too. The people who are the most vocal about store security (whether loss prevention employees, bag checks, cameras, etc.) are the people you need to most keep an eye on. (They're the ones who'll be shoplifting.)
shortchick

Jul 14, 2005, 10:09 AM
case in point, when I worked as a rep for AWS, I had a customer call in claiming he recd his GO Phone in severe disrepair. He said the entire Fedex box was crushed, his phone was in pieces, etc. I advised him of the policy, that he would have to purchase another phone, he would be refunded when we recd the phone. Let's just say that the word "balking" would be an understatement. He demanded a sup, I did all I could to diffuse. The hold time for a sup was at least 10 minutes, so I had to continue going back to him, and all he could talk about was how he wasn't surprised we were being bought, how he wants two camera phones for free for his trouble, how he knows "all these people he was going to tell not to get a go phone" if his demands were n...
(continues)
Vatothe0

Jul 14, 2005, 11:40 AM
I'd like to see someone try that where I work. The sup I transfer to is the end of the line. Do people think they can just keep asking for someone else until they get the president of the company? They're lucky I'm not the end of the line.
sammy2

Jul 14, 2005, 2:15 PM
There are appropriate times to request a supervisor. 1) When the authority of the person that you are speaking wiht does not allow for a resolution that you are considering. 2) The csr that you are talking with does not have access to all the information. 3)The csr is having difficulty understnding the issue 4) the csr is not a good listener 5)You have already spoken with CSR before on this issue and you know that they are not empowered to address it. 6) the issue has been going on for some time and you are not prepared to get the csr up to speed 7) you have dealt with multiple csr before on this issue and the have all responded with different information šŸ˜Ž your prior interaction with one or more csr on this issue has resulted in screwing ...
(continues)
aemsafd

Jul 15, 2005, 9:25 AM
The reason *I* need to request a supervisor is when the csr doesn't speak English! God I hate that! I'm not trying to be racist, but if English is your second language, and you have such a thick accent that nobody can understand you, maybe you shouldn't be answering phones for a living!
Would you get on a bus if a blind guy was driving?
sammy2

Jul 15, 2005, 1:04 PM
yes that is a key critical criteria for any CSR and companies say a lot to their customers when they hire firms who do not have english speaking CSRs
Sabrina6902

Jul 15, 2005, 11:08 AM
the worst thing is when the first words out of there mouth is Lawyer or FCC like your suppose to be scares šŸ™„ like we don't get hundreds of reports like that almost every day almost every company does because the FCC knows all about those bitchy people who just want someone to bitch at and there it
joerhy1505

Jul 18, 2005, 11:05 AM
Yea i love the irate grandmother who is just being downright mean to me goign ohh thats ok you little p.o.s. i am calling my lawyer ... i just tell them do whatever you feel nessicary
rep12345

Jul 18, 2005, 11:15 AM
i love when people call in thinking they're immediately above and better than us. šŸ™„ and they're going to call their lawyers if we don't move for them. RIGHT. I know they wont, they know they wont and if they do, the lawyer usually tells them too bad.

I had a doctor call in and we tried to troubleshoot his non working phone- we were having difficulties, and it seemed like his phone would need a warrenty replacement- the doctor, however, was convinced that it was the network, not the phone. there were no outages in the area and i had already asked tech and I explained to him that it was the phone, not the network... his reply "I think i would know better than you, I'm a doctor and I went to school for science so I'm smarter in this ...
(continues)
Sabrina6902

Jul 18, 2005, 3:48 PM
Ok speaking of idiots wanting to speak to a supervisor I had this one woman which I would like to call names, but I won't she called me in and was screaming at me literally because we didn't tell her that she would have to pay taxes. I was like it's your state requirement you have to pay taxes we have nothing to do with it. She then started saying you say that one more time and Iā€™m going to start cussing. I was like go ahead because I can't do anything about taxes the most I could do is give you a 1 time credit for like $15 dollars to cover some of the charges. She started screaming again how is that going to help me with every bill. So she then told me I better get a sup on the line before she really looses it. I was like and you have...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.