Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Misinformed Customers

ralph_on_me

Jun 18, 2005, 10:22 AM
I used to think customers who came in with crazy stories that other agents or care reps told them just had bad experiences, but I'm starting to wonder if it's the customer and not the service. I know I've personally repeated things to people three or four times and still not have them understand. This could be more widespread than I ever thought before.

Is it the customer, or is it the representatives?
texaswireless

Jun 18, 2005, 11:08 AM
I think it is a little of both.
jkrivjansky

Jun 18, 2005, 11:22 AM
Definately both.

Had one call yesterday where the reps tone of voice made it seem they were just asking questions and gathering information. The cust didn't want to get a replacement. The rep placed a replacement request anyway.

Another call I told the cust about ship time, told the cust that once processed it was final and not reversable. When I gave the date he would get his phone he freaked out. Mind you I had just 90 seconds earlier said it would be 3 buisness days.

So... definately both.
phreakphreak2005

Jun 18, 2005, 3:55 PM
yes i agree it's both...

in either situation when someone comes with unrealistic expectations that's when things go down hill. i've had that with both represenatives and customers. it's no different if you're car gets stolen and you expect a check the next day or if you store all your vital information on your computer - and don't save it on a backup file. i know in some ways i'm being very general

but i'm right.

best example -

CUST - "I need a new phone today!!! this is my only phone and i need it or i'll get fired!!!

REALITY - if that's your other phone instead of spending all that money on adam sandler movies, buy another phone!
texaswireless

Jun 18, 2005, 5:06 PM
Had a great example of that today. Customer came in to ask questions about his XBM. He wanted to know if he would have to pay for the music tones again on his new phone and why they just wouldn't transfer on the SIM.

Why he believed the SIM, with only 32k of memory, would hold all his ring tones was beyond me. He then copped this attitude that we were ripping him off making him pay again for the ringtone. While he didn't want to listen, his wife kindly took down the info on how to use a standard USB cable and software to upload and download everything off his phone.

He had no interest in the truth or even a solution to his problem. He only wanted to download them again for free.
phreakphreak2005

Jun 18, 2005, 6:09 PM
that's a perfect example. i believe in some instances that it's their lack of understanding technology or refusal to do.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.