Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

US seeks to block AT&T, T-Mobile deal over antitrust issues

FormerATTRep

Aug 31, 2011, 11:02 AM
All of you out there who work for T-Mobile should be jumping and cheering today. I worked for AT&T Wireless before it was bought out by Cingular. I have seen first hand how Cingular treats both customers and employees of the competitors they purchase. I was also on hand for the merge of AT&T and Cingular. Too say things went from bad to worse is a understatement. I would never work for a company like AT&T/Cingular again. They do not care about their employees, and care even less about their customers. Just ask any former "blue" customer how they feel. I hope the DOJ is serious about this and does not let AT&T purchase T-Mobile.
kissesssss

Sep 2, 2011, 4:17 PM
all I'm gona say
Xaphan

Sep 2, 2011, 5:27 PM
Well yes and no. DT still wants to sell t-mobile usa and this still seems like a bit of paper work..a mere 'showing' to pretend like the government would actually oppose this. The last corporate merger to be denied by the government was in 2001. I'm sure pockets have already been greased and both companies want it.

As far as t-mobile employees go, at&t would keep the top sales in certain markets to handle the influx of 40,000 customers. As well as some customer care reps. The rest of the company is gone. But consider how much money non bottom of the level retail employees get for severance. More than they'd make working for tmobile. In the end the only one that will get screwed is tmobile customer care and tmobile in store sales people. ...
(continues)
Xaphan

Sep 2, 2011, 5:29 PM
Let me just reiterate that the western world is run on money and not morality, feelings, or what the average joe wants. Money gets things done. Corporations own your law makers, you don't. Maybe if America would finally get away from this false dichotomy of republican/democrat...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.