Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Indirect Store Agents

PiscesGirl0311

Jul 15, 2011, 3:04 PM
I am so over these indirect store reps that have absolutely no personality and just want to get an attitude with you.

End Rant.
KeyBored

Jul 15, 2011, 3:41 PM
newsflash, indirect store reps usually get really tired of telephone support very fast as well.
Jellz

Jul 15, 2011, 4:12 PM
Care to explain? Not sure I understand what an 'indirect store agent' is?
hobble

Jul 15, 2011, 4:20 PM
People like me, who sell a carriers service but doesn't work directly for the company. Typically retail.

My favorite game is "pass the phone to the next retard" that phone reps seem to like to play. None of them ever have the right answers and typically your results will vary as to what can and will happen to help the customer.
KeyBored

Jul 15, 2011, 4:21 PM
YUP. i call it customer service roulette. You never know what you're going to get.
Jellz

Jul 15, 2011, 4:36 PM
I see, thank you for clarifying. Makes more sense now.
Pimptopian

Jul 15, 2011, 5:13 PM
It is no one fault but the companies. Indirect are not given the proper tools or training. Their job is to sell and when it is a repair center they are only allowed to do so much because the major corporation that funds them only allow so much access to the account and the training is completely different from location to location and from direct and indirect.
Now on the other spectrum at call centers is the same dilemma. There are corporate call centers and indirect like what I work for (ACS). We are not given the same tools or training but are expected to get better results. For example we are expected to do Blackberry tech support but have no access to any of the BB tools and have never been trained on them but we basically get in troub...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Jul 16, 2011, 8:58 AM
I am so over these direct comments at people that aren't even here.

End Rant.
3gee

Jul 16, 2011, 12:46 PM
I may just be lucky but whenever I call COOS I get pretty good people who know what they are talking about. Then again, I do research on my own and don't call unless I absolutely need to.
soundwave

Jul 16, 2011, 1:07 PM
Im the same way and never understood the hostility towards indirect agents. I cant imagine every sales associate for the corporate stores is automatically more intelligent and friendly than i am, just because they work for a corporate store.
Jellz

Jul 16, 2011, 1:21 PM
Well, think about it like this:

I've gone to AT&T "authorized retailers" and they constantly redirect to the corporate stores for problems beyond sales. Ends up, I just go to the corporate stores if I need -anything-. They're generally even more helpful than calling Customer Service.
soundwave

Jul 16, 2011, 1:25 PM
Stupid people are everywhere in every employment sector. Just because some idiots work for indirects doesnt mean indirects are all idiots. I had a terrible experience with one of our call center reps yesterday, yet im not starting a thread about how every person in every call center is stupid. Its funny because people always come to us saying the people at the corporate stores were rude, unprofessional, unhelpful, etc. It works both ways.
Jellz

Jul 16, 2011, 2:01 PM
Yeah, and I get people complaining about every other sort of people out there. It all depends on the luck of who you get. When I go somewhere or call, I really hope I get someone who takes pride in their work, since they're generally the ones who give a rat's behind.
3gee

Jul 27, 2011, 6:04 PM
We have a corporate kiosk in the mall where I work. They are pretty cool to us, even send us upgrades that need pushed a week since they don't like to do them. Now that relationship didn't develop overnight, it has taken a year and a new manager at the corporate store to get it that way.
Lord Azrael

Jul 17, 2011, 4:10 PM
Please let's stop the inter-department hate.

If somebody does not do their job, there are ways to get feedback on that person. Use it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.