Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Working the holiday weekend.

olderthandirt

May 28, 2011, 1:43 PM
so in ordr to get paid for the holiday we are required to (day before, day of, day after) to log in exactly no later than our start time, make sure we are not over our lunch by even 30 seconds, not exceed our break by a second.

If so they will totally take it away. Not beyond reason but the only place I have ever worked that will do all it can to not pay you.
Still waiting for back overtime pay for mandatory overtime from last check. Missing part of 1 day of pay. And they still want us to work overtime because it helps the center.

Rather they close the place as they removed our pay bonus for IR and added metrics to reduce per call pay that no one can explain.
At min wage now. And they just told us we have to work the mandatory...
(continues)
Pimptopian

May 28, 2011, 2:14 PM
lol i work there too, wonder who you are lol
FaeLynne

May 28, 2011, 2:20 PM
There's a bunch of ACS sites, you may not be at the same one.
Pimptopian

May 28, 2011, 2:22 PM
true. your guys acs vote on that bs rolling 3 months for abc pay too?
olderthandirt

May 28, 2011, 2:53 PM
No vote where I am. No choice.

ABC pay will screw you over. They start with easy metrics and next thing you know is you feel like you had really bad sex with a really dried out half eaten large corn cob
rainbow_metals

May 30, 2011, 1:24 PM
wow that is really descriptive! i know the feeling however.
FaeLynne

May 28, 2011, 2:56 PM
We never had a vote about anything, my place has done it since before I started working here. But yeah, it resets every three months and pay can fluctuate based on how well you're meeting goals.
olderthandirt

May 28, 2011, 3:16 PM
And the goals fluctuate also.

Personally it is not about paying workers more but about making it seem like you could make more if you meet these metrics
FaeLynne

May 28, 2011, 3:47 PM
Pretty much. They recently lowered my AHT which was already ridiculously low for the work that I have to do sometimes.
olderthandirt

May 28, 2011, 3:45 PM
Up to over 20 minutes between calls. And they are offering stupid prizes for selling multiple price plan changes.

Forgot my balloons, and horn today
Pimptopian

May 28, 2011, 3:51 PM
wish we had that, our site wants all and gives nothing. they give candy for people who were not at vp goal and then hit goal, but top performers get nothing, they expect it now...
FaeLynne

May 28, 2011, 4:40 PM
We don't even get candy here....
olderthandirt

May 28, 2011, 5:10 PM
What? The feeling of a job well done not enough for you. Oh wait, they only tell us how bad we do on calls they get nos on.

Just looked at GM office and desk is about 2 feet deep in boxes of candy. Serious!

Let the little children give us what we want and we will give them candy. Will deduct value of all gifts for tax reasons from checks. Anytning but actually pay us.

Got to love it
FaeLynne

May 28, 2011, 6:29 PM
🤣

I saw that you're getting out of the black abyss. Good luck and congratulations!
olderthandirt

May 28, 2011, 7:10 PM
I actually have a wonderful life. Work is work and I am going to doing a better thing soon. This job paid the bills and also let me see a different working enviroment that many have to struggle through. I understand things better as a result and am glad I did this

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.