Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I say we boycott! POWER TO THE EMPLOYEE

Required

Mar 14, 2011, 10:22 PM
Not really, but seriously, certain carriers are expecting way too much from thier employees and then some. What happened to the whole Union thing? Was there ever one?

I honestly wish we could do something like boycott, do a sit in, etc but unfortuantly, we are easily replaced, and this is the only decent paying job (in our town anyway) that anyone can get into.

I'm going to make my OWN cellphone carrier! With Hookers!
And Blackjack!

On another note, there is a tile above me on the ceiling that still has mold from when it was leaking from last year. I'm glad I have a strong immunity but ew. Yes, I and others have mentioned this to the heads several times, but now we just gave up. I'm naming it Frank. )':<

Also wish that they'd f ...
(continues)
notthatdrow

Mar 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
Blowing 150k on carpet when they should have replaced the desks/computers/chairs.

Call centers getting unions is one of the seven signs of the apocalypse, just for your information. There is SO much crap the union would love getting their hands on, there's no way it'll happen.
Required

Mar 14, 2011, 10:45 PM
Pfft. What happened to them?

AT our old center there was blood on some of the chairs, the cubicals were falling apart, litterally, and there were never enough seats. You would have to wait till the next shift leaves to actually start working. (which usually was 30 minutes or so )

On a positive note, it's been a bit better (enviorment) since we moved, but I have a feeling that in a year or two it will be the same way again. People leaving food in the drawers for days and what not lol.

One can dream, no?

ANother pet peeve is that our center tends to be last when getting information and updates, so we end up giving customers wrong info sometimes.
callcenterrep69

Mar 15, 2011, 6:33 AM
I find out most if not all of the new info from PhoneScoop before I get an email or desk drop by management here 🙄
captnkrunch

Mar 15, 2011, 7:51 AM
Lol... welcome to the world of a call center. doubled or tripled so if you work for a vendor site.
rainbow_metals

Mar 15, 2011, 12:08 PM
we no longer recieve desk drops here because of our security policy which up until recently was majorly overlooked but when another call center is closed because of fraud....gotta live with it.
me12

Mar 15, 2011, 12:44 PM
We have had the fabric on the bay's for almost a decade, the carpet is never EVER vaccumed, I'm actually starting to believe vaccumes are a lie, some chairs that have the arm rest's but they have no padding on them so it is just bare metal... T.V's and computers that do not work... they just dropped a ton of money on deep cleaning the bathrooms, we rent plants and got new XBox's, put some 15MPH sign's up in the parking lot and bought a new sign... that lights up...

Feck this place man, they could replace the carpets and the bay fabric, computers and repaint the walls with this money... but nope... they want it too look good while passing by... ****ers.
Required

Mar 15, 2011, 8:00 PM
...y-you guys have xbox? D:
Wait, you can rent a plant?
Poking Pixie

Mar 16, 2011, 11:29 AM
And a lady to come in and water it on a weekly basis. 🤣
llama

Mar 16, 2011, 1:43 PM
Is there someone there holding a gun to your head?

I didn't think so.
Required

Mar 16, 2011, 2:56 PM
They're called bills. Also, chillax, this is just a venting thread.
olderthandirt

Mar 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
Our center has 82% churn. They keep in in nice condition though. We get the carrot and the truth. You can make up to 17.00 per hour - if you can sell 500% of a goal that has doubled. Get enough call volume (100 per 8 hr day) at no more than 6 minutes per call. 100% ir. Walk through fire while juggling cobras, and whirring blades of death.
Basically min wage here!

But our building is nice, except for that falling down piece of ceiling tile.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.